Brexit - merged threads

scouser

25 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I heard Sandra Gidley talking on Radio 4 this morning; she was 100% clear that this was not due to Brexit.

Exactly as the BBC have been reporting all morning. No need to get paranoid. 

60 words

We voted leave. People in the big house recognise madness and work hard to protect the vulnerable public from themselves. 

Some not so sure you can stop a freight train so move money and business offshore. Country looses jobs and tax revenue. 

Brexit happens and we stick with EU rules and pay more for the privilege. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, oowee said:

60 words

We voted leave. People in the big house recognise madness and work hard to protect the vulnerable public from themselves. 

Some not so sure you can stop a freight train so move money and business offshore. Country looses jobs and tax revenue. 

Brexit happens and we stick with EU rules and pay more for the privilege. 

🤣 God thats funny.

Is that really how you see it ? We are vulnerable , and need protecting ? From ourselves ? Ive just spat coffee all over the flippin place !

YOU count yourself lucky youve got assets to move off shore, whilst us ordinary vulnerable people will make the decisions about our insignificant lives that WE think are right.

If Im honest, Im surprised if you really think like that, not the person I thought you were.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

🤣 God thats funny.

Is that really how you see it ? We are vulnerable , and need protecting ? From ourselves ? Ive just spat coffee all over the flippin place !

YOU count yourself lucky youve got assets to move off shore, whilst us ordinary vulnerable people will make the decisions about our insignificant lives that WE think are right.

If Im honest, Im surprised if you really think like that, not the person I thought you were.

😂 I thought so. Sorry to spill your coffee 🙂 

I think the people in the big house don't know whats hit them. Whatever happens it will not be the result of rational thought and planning. Having worked with politicians for much of my working life I am honestly taken aback at the way they are all acting. I know on here we are always quick to take the p but there are some very good people in there, but the last few weeks have shown them to be in a minority. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

but there are some very good people in there,

I dont doubt that for a moment, but MPs have got to understand they are not our bosses or parents, or in any way our superiors.
WE elected them to SERVE OUR interests, not put them in the position to serve their own.
They are paid to do a JOB by us, we are sovereign , not them.
Its times like these they think we have forgotten that, we havnt, and they will get a very rude awakening next time the opportunity arises.

In what way shape or form is this complicated ?
We had a majority vote, If they dont want Mays deal, then prepare for no deal, thats what they voted for with the G.Miller rubbish, now they realise their mistake, they are crying foul, and saying Brexit might not be achievable , idiots like Corbyn saying take no deal off the table and Ill talk to you.
Is he thick !
She doesnt have to do anything, legally she CANT do anything, but him in his nut munching wisdom thinks its all about him and her, Labour and Cons, when its still, and always been about the people.
They still think they can cancel Brexit and get away with it 😄 
Thats how out of touch with reality they are.
They think they can hijack the decision of the people, and decide on how this ends.
They are wrong.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I dont doubt that for a moment, but MPs have got to understand they are not our bosses or parents, or in any way our superiors.
WE elected them to SERVE OUR interests, not put them in the position to serve their own.
They are paid to do a JOB by us, we are sovereign , not them.
Its times like these they think we have forgotten that, we havnt, and they will get a very rude awakening next time the opportunity arises.

In what way shape or form is this complicated ?
We had a majority vote, If they dont want Mays deal, then prepare for no deal, thats what they voted for with the G.Miller rubbish, now they realise their mistake, they are crying foul, and saying Brexit might not be achievable , idiots like Corbyn saying take no deal off the table and Ill talk to you.
Is he thick !
She doesnt have to do anything, legally she CANT do anything, but him in his nut munching wisdom thinks its all about him and her, Labour and Cons, when its still, and always been about the people.
They still think they can cancel Brexit and get away with it 😄 
Thats how out of touch with reality they are.
They think they can hijack the decision of the people, and decide on how this ends.
They are wrong.

I would not argue with that but the result is we end up with a position by default. I am not even sure it's a conscious or organised attempt  by the majority to hijack the decision. At the moment no one is deciding how it ends. 

Not so easy in a first past the post system driven by two parties. 

Lets just make a mental note of the MP's who are trying, to a lesser or greater extent trying to sabotage Brexit, and remember their names when they want our support/votes in the future.....I will!

The majority of those that campaign to overturn Brexit and remain in the EU are the minority who profit financially from membership, the majority of those that want to leave, are the majority who pay in, but get **** all out of membership!.......politicians should wake up and realise, there are many, many more voters in the latter category!

Just now, oowee said:

would not argue with that but the result is we end up with a position by default. I am not even sure it's a conscious or organised attempt  by the majority to hijack the decision. At the moment no one is deciding how it ends. 

Of course they are, the default position, that THEY voted for, is on the 29 March, if no withdrawal agreement is in effect, and no extension to article 50 has been agreed, we leave the EU and trade with them on WTO terms, they agreed to do this.
So if they dont do anything else, or May doesnt stick another deal in front of them, that they will vote through AND is approved by the EU , in time , then we leave with no deal.
Its alright talking about 2nd Refs or elections, or any more bunkum they try to stick into the already murky waters, they can agree to something, or watch (some of their) worst fears become a reality.
The other option is to ignore the 1st Ref. ignore democracy, and reap the whirlwind.

Image may contain: text

40 minutes ago, oowee said:

Brexit: Liam Fox yet to seal no-deal trade agreements

There are only 40 to do and we still have 36 days to go. 

More project fear 

While we are members of the EU, we are not allowed by their rules to secure trade deals with any other countries, if that's what your referring to? 

Edited by 12gauge82

Foxy has to complete 40 trade deals that mirror the trade deals the EU has with various countries. When we leave we will not be able to use the EU trade agreements so would revert to WTO terms (if we have agreed them). So far none have been completed but Switzerland has said that they will complete but yet to be signed so hopefully that should be close.He started the work in 2017 so he still has time. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Foxy has to complete 40 trade deals that mirror the trade deals the EU has with various countries. When we leave we will not be able to use the EU trade agreements so would revert to WTO terms (if we have agreed them). So far none have been completed but Switzerland has said that they will complete but yet to be signed so hopefully that should be close.He started the work in 2017 so he still has time. 

I see what you mean, however, I'm not at all surprised, none of these other countries have probably bothered to put the work in to negotiate deals with us as they probably haven't taken seriously that the UK might have a wto exit, if May had got on with it we wouldn't be in this position. Our MPs can't turn to us and say look how bad a "hard" brexit is after they have caused it, whether it's by their own ineptitude or on purpose. 

9 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I see what you mean, however, I'm not at all surprised, none of these other countries have probably bothered to put the work in to negotiate deals with us as they probably haven't taken seriously that the UK might have a wto exit, if May had got on with it we wouldn't be in this position. Our MPs can't turn to us and say look how bad a "hard" brexit is after they have caused it, whether it's by their own ineptitude or on purpose. 

Exactly. If it's real then get into gear and organise for it. There is no excuse for problems that can be avoided by planning. 

Good speech, no doubt remoaners will try and pull it apart.

I would like the remoaners to get up.and leave Britain and go to mainland Europe when we leave if they're not suited. No one is making them as an individual leave the eu, they can remain part of it.

Edited by figgy

15 minutes ago, figgy said:

Good speech, no doubt remoaners will try and pull it apart.

I would like the remoaners to get up.and leave Britain and go to mainland Europe when we leave if they're not suited. No one is making them as an individual leave the eu, they can remain part of it.

Why would they do that? Many of them think the EU needs reform. This speech and the vote helps to point them in the right direction.

Edited by oowee