Brexit - merged threads

scouser

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Lets just make a mental note of the MP's who are trying, to a lesser or greater extent trying to sabotage Brexit, and remember their names when they want our support/votes in the future.....I will!

The majority of those that campaign to overturn Brexit and remain in the EU are the minority who profit financially from membership, the majority of those that want to leave, are the majority who pay in, but get **** all out of membership!.......politicians should wake up and realise, there are many, many more voters in the latter category!

Let's not! Let's make it a hard copy cos with my memory I'll forget.

Is there no site where we can list them and demonstrate that they'll be out of a job come the reckoning. If not can someone please start one. Put Chukka Umunna at the top.

It's one thing thinking they can spout what they like with no consequences. It'll be a different story when they see thousands of angry constituents next to their name on a list.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm coming round to the idea that voters simply do not matter apart from placing a vote for a candidate who is likely on a board of directors as a "consultant" with a good salary on top of his MP's salary.

I toyed with the idea of voting Labour to take a swipe at the Tory elite who go against their election mandates  - but that could of course help get Corby in. I have therefore decided I'm very likely to vote for a marginal party in the hope we can cause the two faced Tory candidate to lose his value to the firm who pays him to steer parlimentary affairs the way they want if they do not vote for what their electorate wanted whilst not helping Corbyn.

5 hours ago, oowee said:

Exactly as the BBC have been reporting all morning. No need to get paranoid. 

60 words

We voted leave. People in the big house recognise madness and work hard to protect the vulnerable public from themselves. 

Some not so sure you can stop a freight train so move money and business offshore. Country looses jobs and tax revenue. 

Brexit happens and we stick with EU rules and pay more for the privilege. 

So, quite clearly, you do NOT  uphold democracy?

6 hours ago, oowee said:

Its always the same on here the boys just will not listen and cannot see what is happening around them. 

How supercillious of you......! Was that a requirement for entering the Civil Service?

4 hours ago, oowee said:

😂 I thought so. Sorry to spill your coffee 🙂 

I think the people in the big house don't know whats hit them. Whatever happens it will not be the result of rational thought and planning. Having worked with politicians for much of my working life I am honestly taken aback at the way they are all acting. I know on here we are always quick to take the p but there are some very good people in there, but the last few weeks have shown them to be in a minority. 

Name them?

4 hours ago, oowee said:

I would not argue with that but the result is we end up with a position by default. I am not even sure it's a conscious or organised attempt  by the majority to hijack the decision. At the moment no one is deciding how it ends. 

Not so easy in a first past the post system driven by two parties. 

Surely the Referendum was first past the post system, driven by two sides?

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Of course they are, the default position, that THEY voted for, is on the 29 March, if no withdrawal agreement is in effect, and no extension to article 50 has been agreed, we leave the EU and trade with them on WTO terms, they agreed to do this.
So if they dont do anything else, or May doesnt stick another deal in front of them, that they will vote through AND is approved by the EU , in time , then we leave with no deal.
Its alright talking about 2nd Refs or elections, or any more bunkum they try to stick into the already murky waters, they can agree to something, or watch (some of their) worst fears become a reality.
The other option is to ignore the 1st Ref. ignore democracy, and reap the whirlwind.

Image may contain: text

I could not have said it better myself! Very wise, and in this case, appropriate words!

40 minutes ago, toxo said:

Let's not! Let's make it a hard copy cos with my memory I'll forget.

Is there no site where we can list them and demonstrate that they'll be out of a job come the reckoning. If not can someone please start one. Put Chukka Umunna at the top.

It's one thing thinking they can spout what they like with no consequences. It'll be a different story when they see thousands of angry constituents next to their name on a list.

Go to WWW  order-order.....Guido Fawkes site. you will find it all there, and so much more!

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Perhaps the most patronising and stupid comment I have seen in some time.

Correct!

9 hours ago, pinfireman said:

I could not have said it better myself! Very wise, and in this case, appropriate words!

Absolutely agree.  Prepare to get your eye wiped. This greedy show have no intention of following through and obeying the wishes of the majority. If they extend article 50s time frame I for one will never vote again.

10 hours ago, pinfireman said:

Maybe I did not make myself clear in the post, I was not talking about the referendum. I was referring to the difficulty of letting a politician know that they had not delivered your wishes in a two party first past the post system. 

Here my MP is JRM his majority is huge and the options to vote elsewhere are very limited. Same with many constituencies. If we had a more democratic system every vote would count.

36 minutes ago, krugerandsmith said:

Absolutely agree.  Prepare to get your eye wiped. This greedy show have no intention of following through and obeying the wishes of the majority. If they extend article 50s time frame I for one will never vote again.

Then your voice will not be heard and the establishment will have prevailed.  

36 minutes ago, oowee said:

Here my MP is JRM his majority is huge and the options to vote elsewhere are very limited. Same with many constituencies. If we had a more democratic system every vote would count.

Pardon? He's got a huge majority, he won, he's your MP,  what part of undemocratic is that? 

Sorry mate, but that's just plain sour grapes "I didn't get the MP I wanted so democracy has failed" 

I'm other news, Diane Abbott isn't happy because her mumbling incoherent Rubbish she was talking on Thursdays Question time was mocked by audience members, and Fiona Bruce didn't let her speak enough. 

So yes, you've guessed it, the programme, and the BBC are Racist., and SEXIST

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/18/diane-abbott-accuses-bbc-question-time-of-legitimising-racism

40 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Pardon? He's got a huge majority, he won, he's your MP,  what part of undemocratic is that? 

Sorry mate, but that's just plain sour grapes "I didn't get the MP I wanted so democracy has failed" 

I'm other news, Diane Abbott isn't happy because her mumbling incoherent Rubbish she was talking on Thursdays Question time was mocked by audience members, and Fiona Bruce didn't let her speak enough. 

So yes, you've guessed it, the programme, and the BBC are Racist., and SEXIST

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/18/diane-abbott-accuses-bbc-question-time-of-legitimising-racism

The exasperating thing about this is that she doesn’t have the intelligence to understand that it has nothing to do with her colour, and everything to do with her making stupidly ridiculous comments. 

19 minutes ago, Scully said:

The exasperating thing about this is that she doesn’t have the intelligence to understand that it has nothing to do with her colour, and everything to do with her making stupidly ridiculous comments. 

If you absolutely believe in your own mind that you are correct in all that you say, if you have an unshakable belief in yourself then when others disagree or challenge it can only be because of race or gender bias.  That is the default position of Diane Abbot.

Unfortunately she keeps getting voted back in to office which solidifies her self opinion.

There is obviously a plague of idiocy in her constituency.

2 hours ago, krugerandsmith said:

2 hours ago, oowee said:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but oowee is 100% right. That is exactly what they want.

36 minutes ago, grrclark said:

There is obviously a plague of idiocy in her constituency

I don't think it's idiocy, more a question of demographics and turkeys not voting for Christmas. 

http://www.dianeabbott.org.uk/hackney/local-demographics.aspx

With high unemployment, high racial diversity, Hackney North, like many such London constituencies, will continue to enjoy labour control for the foreseeable. 

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Sour grapes my ****

First past the post is often only democratic in a two horse race. Add a few more riders and democracy goes out the window and we end up with the swinging, wasteful, short term politics that we have now. Lurching from left to right is not the best way to get down the road in my book. 

5 hours ago, oowee said:

Maybe I did not make myself clear in the post, I was not talking about the referendum. I was referring to the difficulty of letting a politician know that they had not delivered your wishes in a two party first past the post system. 

"If we had a more democratic system".....we would have a permanent committee! And as it stands, Lib/Lab/Green would almost certainly prevail!