scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Me thinks someone is getting twitchy he may not get his own way and will lose.

He had a face like a slapped **** when he said that, it's getting down to the wire now.

Just hope Dismay has the balls to stick it out, I'd rather have a deal in our favour, if not WTO Brexit it is for me.

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

51 days to go...............................

Get your fireworks now.......there is a run on them here!

3 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Nice to see tusk saying there is a special place in hell for the people(mps) who backed Brexit... 

We,ve been there for the last 45 years.....it,s called the eU !

1 hour ago, besty57 said:

Wouldn't expect anything else ,what a bunch of Muppets they are,and to think some want to stay in the EU,it beggars belief,

That's what gets me, its getting to the point in these negotiations that I even if someone who voted for remain believes EU membership is good for the UK (I certainly don't), the way the EU is acting in suck a spiteful and unreasonable manner, there has been no negotiation from the EU whatsoever, they've sat there and ordered the UK to come to them with their best offer and simply ridiculed everything the UK came back with while simultaneously demanding "More", now they fear they might not get it all their own way, in this case 39 billion and the power to hold us captive as a vassel state indefinitely, for the offer they MIGHT give us a deal in the future, like all bullies, they resort to aggressive language and insults, who would want to be a member of a club like that? 

3 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

Get your fireworks now.......there is a run on them here!

We,ve been there for the last 45 years.....it,s called the eU !

Maybe tusk means when we are bullied into remaining in the EU, that would certainly be hell! 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

That's what gets me, its getting to the point in these negotiations that I even if someone who voted for remain believes EU membership is good for the UK (I certainly don't), the way the EU is acting in suck a spiteful and unreasonable manner, there has been no negotiation from the EU whatsoever, they've sat there and ordered the UK to come to them with their best offer and simply ridiculed everything the UK came back with while simultaneously demanding "More", now they fear they might not get it all their own way, in this case 39 billion and the power to hold us captive as a vassel state indefinitely, for the offer they MIGHT give us a deal in the future, like all bullies, they resort to aggressive language and insults, who would want to be a member of a club like that? 

Maybe tusk means when we are bullied into remaining in the EU, that would certainly be hell! 

As has been posted,we've had 40 years of HELL,we deserve better than this crock of ****,

Edited by besty57

This one belongs right up there with:

" We can't possibly allow an election to change anything" - W. Schauble on the Greeks voting against the EU.

and:

"When it becomes serious, you have to lie." J-C Junker, who is also responsible for:

“We all know what to do, we just don't know how to get re-elected after we've done it,”

RS

TOP LAW FIRM SAYS THAT BACKSTOP IS ILLEGAL UNDER EU LAW!

It’s not just the legality of the backstop under UK law and the Good Friday Agreement that is being challenged, now a leading legal firm has said that the backstop is also illegal under EU law.

HerbertSmithFreehills state in their latest ‘View From Brussels’ briefing that:

“on the basis of the EU’s own view of what is legally allowed under Article 50 and on the basis of which the negotiations proceeded, the backstop in its present form is illegal as a matter of EU law. The Attorney-General of the UK came to a similar conclusion in paragraph 17 of his advice to the government of 13 November 2018. It could also be argued that the backstop is inconsistent with the aim of the Treaty on the European Union to promote peace (expressed in its Article 3) since it is inconsistent with the institutional provisions of the Belfast/Good Friday Agreement and therefore undermines it.”

There is also a formalised legal procedure in the EU for ensuring the legality of an envisaged international agreement set out under Article 218(11) of the TFEU, which could force the ECJ to give a ruling before 29th March. The backstop is only being kept alive by bluster from the EU – and the acquiescence of the UK…

UPDATE: One of the two co-authors of the briefing note, Eric White, was the head of the Trade and WTO Group of the European Commission’s Legal Service until two years ago. If even he thinks it’s illegal…

Mind you, I bet oowee knows better than him!

Edited by pinfireman
spelling

15 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Having read the BBC report it is also apparent the contempt that the Irish head of state has for the UK.   He may come to regret that action when the EU forces a hard border.

EU lapdog,the guys probably never had an original thought of his own,:no:

19 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Surely not, he was amusing!

But typical of a Civil Service determined to do their own thing, despite  the wishes of the electorate?

16 minutes ago, besty57 said:

EU lapdog,the guys probably never had an original thought of his own,

As you know, Irish jokes have disappeared over the last 20 years due to Political Correctness....................however, one has surfaced, and it,s called Varadkar!