Brexit - merged threads

scouser

11 minutes ago, Neverforget said:

I don’t vote and never have done, some say I’m wrong but it’s my choice never slag whoever is in parliament of, they have an hard enough time and are a law to themselves  and whatever I’d say wouldn’t change a thing, but I’m curious how many voted to leave and now have changed their minds

Everyone, if you believe the likes of the people's vote. :lol:

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Neverforget said:

I don’t vote and never have done, some say I’m wrong but it’s my choice never slag whoever is in parliament of, they have an hard enough time and are a law to themselves  and whatever I’d say wouldn’t change a thing, but I’m curious how many voted to leave and now have changed their minds

impossible to say. Of those who follow politics and have a brain I'd say very few if any. For me the swing is the other way. It depends a lot on where you live. Wealthy areas areas are doing ok as we are whereas most of the people in my local don't know what Brexit is and would vote for the cost of living or sheer bloody mindedness because of the raw deal the EU are trying to hand us.

I voted remain & if there was a 2nd vote tomorrow I would NOT VOTE AT ALL & the same goes for future elections, I was watching a debate the other day Corbyn & May having a right ding dong about brexit there was a female MP the camera went on serval times each time she was texting away chuckling to herself, the country is going down the pan & she was more interested playing on her phone, what bloody hope have we got.

Edited by blackbird

16 minutes ago, Neverforget said:

I’m curious how many voted to leave and now have changed their minds

I voted REMAIN - mainly because I felt that leave would prove very difficult to get clear what we were to operate under (deal, no deal, etc.)

IF there was another (and I hope there isn't) I would vote LEAVE now for two reasons; Firstly and mainly because I believe the original outcome should be carried through, but secondly because the bullying and dictatorial attitude of the EU since we voted leave means that I wouldn't now want to be 'in with them'.

19 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I voted REMAIN - mainly because I felt that leave would prove very difficult to get clear what we were to operate under (deal, no deal, etc.)

IF there was another (and I hope there isn't) I would vote LEAVE now for two reasons; Firstly and mainly because I believe the original outcome should be carried through, but secondly because the bullying and dictatorial attitude of the EU since we voted leave means that I wouldn't now want to be 'in with them'.

Add to that the remainers blatantly negative "project fear" campaign!.......so many of their predictions have been found to be baseless.....they obviously have a reason why they are misleading and trying to con us.......and you can bet it ain't to our advantage! I voted out, I would do the same again!

Edited by panoma1

1 hour ago, Neverforget said:

I haven't yet spoken to a single person who voted leave and has changed their mind, I have spoken to some who voted remain but would now vote leave for many different reasons, only a small sample and in no way proves anything, but I believe in another referendum that was conducted fairly, I.e 2 options remain or hard brexit for instance and there'd be a huge leave majority this time. 

1 minute ago, Neverforget said:

makes you wonder if the vote was rigged

I think there's little doubt they tried to rig the vote, the so called renegotiation before the vote, the leaflet to every house, project fear, the establishment calling in the likes of Obama, the totally incorrect predictions from the likes of Carny, the IMF ect you could go on and on. 

Forgot to say I voted leave and would do again.

As for future politics both sides have demonstrated that they can't be trusted with my countrys future. Next time I vote will be whatever Farage and JRM can come up with. Failing that it will be Ukip Both Tories and Labour need to be told they can't play party politics to gain control at the expense of the rest of us.

5 hours ago, Neverforget said:

Ask your friends, family, workmates, what they voted, and whether they have changed their mind, your own little poll. 

2 hours ago, toxo said:

Forgot to say I voted leave and would do again.

As for future politics both sides have demonstrated that they can't be trusted with my countrys future. Next time I vote will be whatever Farage and JRM can come up with. Failing that it will be Ukip Both Tories and Labour need to be told they can't play party politics to gain control at the expense of the rest of us.

+1

8 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I have never purchased anyhting French since they set fire to our cattle wagons at ports delivering lambs. Many moons ago and memories are short for most people and some too young to know it happened.

I remember that dispute, but have forgotten the name of the person whose response was "If the French don't want our lamb, we don't want their letters". 

9 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I have never purchased anyhting French since they set fire to our cattle wagons at ports delivering lambs. Many moons ago and memories are short for most people and some too young to know it happened.  I buy Australian /New Zealand wine but must admit I do have a taste for Prosecco with a shot of plum vodka in the bottom of the glass.

Excellent! Now target German products, the Belgian, Dutch.............

8 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Because they want to stay in a customs union ...... which effectively means staying in the single market ......... and have "exactly the same benefits we have now" ....... or in other words Brexit In Name Only.

and  don,t forget "Free movement of peoples and labour"........in other words, somewhere to dump their unwanted! And as they would be welcomed by Labour, guess who they, and their offspring will vote for?.....

7 hours ago, Neverforget said:

Very few! And many who did not vote, because of Project Fear, or because they thought the government had rigged it in favour of Remain, would now vote OUT!

6 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Everyone, if you believe the likes of the people's vote. 

And we do not believe it! Only a numpty would!

6 hours ago, blackbird said:

I voted remain & if there was a 2nd vote tomorrow I would NOT VOTE AT ALL & the same goes for future elections, I was watching a debate the other day Corbyn & May having a right ding dong about brexit there was a female MP the camera went on serval times each time she was texting away chuckling to herself, the country is going down the pan & she was more interested playing on her phone, what bloody hope have we got.

None, if you do not vote!

4 hours ago, Neverforget said:

makes you wonder if the vote was rigged

Why? What makes you wonder that?

On 17/02/2019 at 00:17, pinfireman said:

So far, we have cost the German car industry around £140,000.....not a lot in the general scheme of things, but from small acorns, mighty oaks grow! We buy wine from the New World now, not French plonk.  If every Brexiteer did a little bit, the big business in Europe would force Brussels to back down..................

Hahaha, is this why your not in Business? Four cars at £140 is not a loss to them- it’s a loss of wages/ profit to your local Merc franchise as it’s their ‘dealer margin’ your depriving them of ( after all, Imaginary 140 less production cost or say 120k, isn’t quite such a dramatic figure now is it). Unless the cars in question are of the correct spec and have already been brought in by the Importer/U.K. agent, then it will just be a dealer build request that in this case, won’t be processed and so ‘NO Loss’  to Mercedes, apart from a potential sale.

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Hahaha, is this why your not in Business? Four cars at £140 is not a loss to them- it’s a loss of wages/ profit to your local Merc franchise as it’s their ‘dealer margin’ your depriving them of ( after all, Imaginary 140 less production cost or say 120k, isn’t quite such a dramatic figure now is it). Unless the cars in question are of the correct spec and have already been brought in by the Importer/U.K. agent, then it will just be a dealer build request that in this case, won’t be processed and so ‘NO Loss’  to Mercedes, apart from a potential sale.

Surely a percentage of that £140K is the loss to the franchise, but the majority would be the loss to the factory. It would be a very dramatic figure if half the population (leavers) and potentially half the customer base of Mercedes (in UK) decided not to buy them!! (it could be approx 12.5% of Mercedes turnover!)

And that would not account for the other customers it would loose if there was a 10% increase in price due to import tax!

edit- they sell over 200,000 cars a year in UK. Do you think loosing 100,000 sales would not affect them?? With all due respect i think Pinefireman is closer to being in Business than you!

Edited by silver pigeon69

22 minutes ago, silver pigeon69 said:

Surely a percentage of that £140K is the loss to the franchise, but the majority would be the loss to the factory. It would be a very dramatic figure if half the population (leavers) and potentially half the customer base of Mercedes (in UK) decided not to buy them!! (it could be approx 12.5% of Mercedes turnover!)

And that would not account for the other customers it would loose if there was a 10% increase in price due to import tax!

edit- they sell over 200,000 cars a year in UK. Do you think loosing 100,000 sales would not affect them?? With all due respect i think Pinefireman is closer to being in Business than you!

Nope, I do believe he is retired?  

Honestly, how many people boycott New Zealand or French products now ( apart from Walker of course?) due to historical events? Personally I cannot see your prediction of 100000 estimated lost sale materialising, people have extremely short memories and of those 200k, how many are fleet sales? Alternatives ? Renault/ Peogeot - nope you said to boycott the French, Vauxhall ( ooooh, parent company is Opal) , Ford ( major production plants in Germany too ( should know as we used to supply them ) , Nissan vans - oops, also a Franco/ Germanic association.

But, with of course my limited knowledge of business think on this- how many manufacturing jobs are in the U.K. that supply to these French/German car Companies? Well let’s just say that it was enough for us to keep one plane operating ‘parts runs’ nearly every single day of the week.

Its not the single entity that is affected by a supposed boycott, but the smaller suppliers too and one of those might just be on your doorstep- their loss of business could be your loss of business? Project fear- nope, basic business analysis that any fool should understand.

7 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Nope, I do believe he is retired?  

Honestly, how many people boycott New Zealand or French products now ( apart from Walker of course?) due to historical events? Personally I cannot see your prediction of 100000 estimated lost sale materialising, people have extremely short memories and of those 200k, how many are fleet sales? Alternatives ? Renault/ Peogeot - nope you said to boycott the French, Vauxhall ( ooooh, parent company is Opal) , Ford ( major production plants in Germany too ( should know as we used to supply them ) , Nissan vans - oops, also a Franco/ Germanic association.

But, with of course my limited knowledge of business think on this- how many manufacturing jobs are in the U.K. that supply to these French/German car Companies? Well let’s just say that it was enough for us to keep one plane operating ‘parts runs’ nearly every single day of the week.

Its not the single entity that is affected by a supposed boycott, but the smaller suppliers too and one of those might just be on your doorstep- their loss of business could be your loss of business? Project fear- nope, basic business analysis that any fool should understand.

Ask the coal miners grandchildren if they have forgotten about Thatcher. There are areas in Wales that have not and will not vote conservative because of their extremely long memories.

8 minutes ago, silver pigeon69 said:

Ask the coal miners grandchildren if they have forgotten about Thatcher. There are areas in Wales that have not and will not vote conservative because of their extremely long memories.

I can, my wife grand fathers both worked in the mines and one went on to work the railways- never met one as he died before we met and the other died two years ago- but I do know that he used to vote Conservative and his wife still does?

So, guess that makes my wife a coal miners ‘grandchild’ and you know what I’m going to say don’t you.

But yes, certainly there are some that will only vote one way due to historical events and policies that are indoctrinated into them, by family views

This doesn’t just apply to Political ideals but those relating to work, religion , football team support etc 🙂

4 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

I can, my wife grand fathers both worked in the mines and one went on to work the railways- never met one as he died before we met and the other died two years ago- but I do know that he used to vote Conservative and his wife still does?

So, guess that makes my wife a coal miners ‘grandchild’ and you know what I’m going to say don’t you.

But yes, certainly there are some that will only vote one way due to historical events and policies that are indoctrinated into them, by family views

This doesn’t just apply to Political ideals but those relating to work, religion , football team support etc 🙂

May also include what or who they purchase from.

17 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-47270616

the cost of a porsche might rise from 90k to over 100k, I bet every one who voted for brexit regrets it now 😂😂😂

Nobody can explain to me why German made cars like Porsche are cheaper in USA than they are here. It could very well be that prices will go down once we leave

3 hours ago, silver pigeon69 said:

Yes but Thatcher did not close the mines in South Wales. Most of them closed under Wilson and Callighan before Thatcher's time because the demand for Welsh coal was declining as the railways went away from steam and people got gas central heating.