Brexit - merged threads

scouser

25 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

In all of our no deal planning, the difference between a reasonable best case scenario and a reasonable worst case scenario really comes down to one thing: would the EU behave in a sensible and pragmatic way or will they behave recklessly and irresponsibly? 

That's funny. Britain unilaterally decides to leave a 28 member trade bloc. It then, without any kind of plan or strategy, triggers the mechanism to exit  that has the explicit wording, " The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2,", 

It then refuses to ratify a Withdrawal Agreement that its own government negotiated and signed, but yet the subsequent consequences of this series of actions or inactions are now somehow supposed to be all the fault of the other 27 members?

With these clowns in government it's an embarrassing time to be British.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

The alternative to these "clowns" would be Jezzer, Di and John would it? World class clowns.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you Gordon :)

19 hours ago, Gordon R said:

If the Government honour the result of the referendum, I will remain proud to be British.

The alternative to these "clowns" would be Jezzer, Di and John would it? World class clowns.

It was said that the best circuses always had three rings?

3 hours ago, old man said:

It was said that the best circuses always had three rings?

If we do not get the Brexit we want, (Out, completely out!) then the fight goes on! I,ve been fighting for this since 1995, and I do not intend to give up now! In 1997, the Referendum Party polled 800,000 votes nationally,(after the 3 main parties, and more than all the other minor parties)  and UKIP polled 105,000. Then, after the death of it,s Leader, Sir James Goldsmith, Referendum  morphed into UKIP. In 2001 General Election the UKIP figure dropped to 390,000, in an Election where the overall  votes cast nationally slumped to 59% . In 2005, UKIP polled 606,000, a substantial increase on the previous result.   Come 2010, things really began to change, Labour lost, and UKIP polled 919,500 votes, a 50% increase. In 2015, after storming  results in the previous years EU elections, UKIP polled 3,881,000 votes. Once the Referendum was over, the UKIP vote slumped, as many people believed (foolishly) that the Government & Establishment would honour the result. That has shown to be a dreadful mistake.  However, like all mistakes, it can be remedied. UKIP as we knew it, is no longer in contention. Sadly, its current leadership have taken it to the  Far Right. The obvious choice for those of us who will carry on fighting, is the Brexit Party. We did it once, and we can do it again! 

14 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

Baker Street had the sax riff not Stuck In The Middle With You.

I was referring to Baker St....and Gerry Rafferty.

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Will we see the end of Brexit this week?

It is difficult to predict what will happen when May is defeated on Tuesday.

What should happen is that we leave with no deal.

That should not have been necessary because we should have removed this backstop and had a 'passable' deal. 

In my view the reason we haven't managed a backstop removal is because the EU believes that May cannot play the 'no deal' card because 'no deal' will be blocked in the UK by Parliament and indeed some cabinet members.  In effect Geoffrey Cox has been negotiating with them to remove the backstop - and they have known all along that they can just refuse because his own hand has been betrayed by his own side.

That coupled by Corbyn etc talking with them about a "Customs Union deal"  (i.e. BRINO) has also undermined the official Government.  It is despicable of the EU to talk to other parties (including individuals like Blair) when the should be dealing with Her Majesty's Government ONLY - because they are the only people who speak formally for the UK.

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:32, Retsdon said:

That's funny. Britain unilaterally decides to leave a 28 member trade bloc. It then, without any kind of plan or strategy, triggers the mechanism to exit  that has the explicit wording, " The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2,", 

It then refuses to ratify a Withdrawal Agreement that its own government negotiated and signed, but yet the subsequent consequences of this series of actions or inactions are now somehow supposed to be all the fault of the other 27 members?

With these clowns in government it's an embarrassing time to be British.

Whats so wrong with a no deal Brexit? Its what we voted for and its a lot better than all this rubbish being peddled at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Whats so wrong with a no deal Brexit? Its what we voted for and its a lot better than all this rubbish being peddled at the moment.

No deal rather than a bad deal 👍

Roll the dice and see what happens 

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Unfortunately, I fear that the fight is only just beginning.

Correct! But it is a fight we must meet head-on! It took a 1,000 years to get universal suffrage, one man (or woman), one vote!  If Brexit is stopped, we have gone back in time, and I fear for the consequences!

50 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Correct!

A taste of things to come for MPs if they vote to extend Brexit – Nigel Farage’s new Brexit Party now officially has more MEPs than UKIP. Eight UK MEPs now sit in Farage’s Brexit Party – Tim Aker, Jonathan Bullock, David Coburn, Bill Etheridge, Nathan Gill, Paul Nuttall, Julia Reid and Farage himself, ahead of Gerard Batten’s fringe UKIP rump of seven. Bullock says the Brexit Party will “fully mobilise” to take on the Tories at any subsequent European or General election if the Tories “rat” on their manifesto commitment to leave by 29 March. The votes for both parties will soar if the UK is forced into the humiliation of another European Parliament election…

The EU is already braced for a major surge in support for Eurosceptic parties in May’s elections – the last thing they want is for them to be a Brexit flashpoint as well. MPs who think they can force a Brexit delay simply by passing a few votes in Parliament may be in for a nasty surprise…

Source   GUIDO FAWKES

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

It is difficult to predict what will happen when May is defeated on Tuesday.

What should happen is that we leave with no deal.

That should not have been necessary because we should have removed this backstop and had a 'passable' deal. 

In my view the reason we haven't managed a backstop removal is because the EU believes that May cannot play the 'no deal' card because 'no deal' will be blocked in the UK by Parliament and indeed some cabinet members.  In effect Geoffrey Cox has been negotiating with them to remove the backstop - and they have known all along that they can just refuse because his own hand has been betrayed by his own side.

That coupled by Corbyn etc talking with them about a "Customs Union deal"  (i.e. BRINO) has also undermined the official Government.  It is despicable of the EU to talk to other parties (including individuals like Blair) when the should be dealing with Her Majesty's Government ONLY - because they are the only people who speak formally for the UK.