Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

No chance. Parliament will vote that down tomorrow

There should be riots.

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

How many referendums do you want?

Only 2 if the next one votes to remain.

if the 2nd one votes to leave still them I believe at least 3-5 ... depends if they need 3/5 of just call the 3rd a new update decision and ignore the first 2? 

(not you directly Chris!) 

5 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

unless it comes as the will of the people through a second referendum...

That won't help if or when there is another referendum they won't take the chance of voters giving the wrong answer again, we will be asked to choose between staying in the eu or not leaving 

Is it me or are they just in complete confusion themselves? It's the blind leading the blind leading the blind!

It seems to me they are ignoring the will of the people that they are paid to represent and want to keep voting until they get their decision they want which appears to me a second referendum with the result of stay in which case we will be more of a laughing stock that we are at the moment.

how is it they can accept a general election result but not a brexit vote?

6 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

It doesn't matter if parliament vote against a WTO deal, it is still in law, they would have to change the legislation.

Now that will be interesting. 

I wonder if someone will do a Gina Miller and sue the government if they don’t follow through with it ... 

40 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

unless it comes as the will of the people through a second referendum...

That,s garbage! The MPs will NEVER allow a straightforward Referendum again! They will never honour a DEMOCRTIC vote again! If they hold a second referendum, it will be couched in terms of Remain In, May,s Deal, or Corbyn,s rubbish Out (but still in) Deal ! 

1000 years of fighting for democracy, and universal suffrage (that,s one man (or woman) one vote, thrown away by these nasty little selfish troughers in Parliament!

30 minutes ago, CZ550Kevlar said:

Is it me or are they just in complete confusion themselves? It's the blind leading the blind leading the blind!

It seems to me they are ignoring the will of the people that they are paid to represent and want to keep voting until they get their decision they want which appears to me a second referendum with the result of stay in which case we will be more of a laughing stock that we are at the moment.

how is it they can accept a general election result but not a brexit vote?

Because a Brexit one means that they, or their families or sponsors will no longer have their snouts in the EU trough!

11 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

It doesn't matter if parliament vote against a WTO deal, it is still in law, they would have to change the legislation.

They will! Your democratic rights mean nothing to them!

9 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

That,s garbage! The MPs will NEVER allow a straightforward Referendum again! They will never honour a DEMOCRTIC vote again! If they hold a second referendum, it will be couched in terms of Remain In, May,s Deal, or Corbyn,s rubbish Out (but still in) Deal ! 

1000 years of fighting for democracy, and universal suffrage (that,s one man (or woman) one vote, thrown away by these nasty little selfish troughers in Parliament!

Because a Brexit one means that they, or their families or sponsors will no longer have their snouts in the EU trough!

They will! Your democratic rights mean nothing to them!

I don't think Putin is worried yet.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Maybe we should focus on our own requirements. 

That would be good. 

40 minutes ago, oowee said:

I don't think Putin is worried yet.

Putin relies on a stable Europe to buy his gas, do you believe that brexit or European strife helps him? 

Give me the scenarios, I simply can't see them. 

19 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Putin relies on a stable Europe to buy his gas, do you believe that brexit or European strife helps him? 

Give me the scenarios, I simply can't see them. 

Stable or not countries will still need gas, And a Europe falling apart certainly can't hurt Mother Russia.

The utter idiocy is that these political lightweights will smugly parade their achievement but utterly fail to recognise that the problem hasn't gone away, it will continue to fester until it raises it's head again, this time with more support behind it.

What they should have done, if so confident that we cannot possibly survive without the wet nurse of the EU, is to get behind leaving on WTO, watch us all suffer as they believe we will for a few years and then promote rejoining again as full members, adopting Shengen and the single currency, which would be their wettest of fantasies one imagines.

Edited by mick miller

Tomorrow MP’s will vote that they won’t allow a No Deal Brexit to happen. 

The EU will laugh themselves silly, with a negotiation against a country that wants everything, accepts nothing and isn’t willing to walk away. The EU can do whatever they want. 

Possibility now of a General Election, Corbyn will come out backing remain, the die hard labour supporters will never change their vote to Tory, and he will get in, and then we’ll all be finished!! 

8 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Tomorrow MP’s will vote that they won’t allow a No Deal Brexit to happen. 

The EU will laugh themselves silly, with a negotiation against a country that wants everything, accepts nothing and isn’t willing to walk away. The EU can do whatever they want. 

Possibility now of a General Election, Corbyn will come out backing remain, the die hard labour supporters will never change their vote to Tory, and he will get in, and then we’ll all be finished!! 

Well that's sleepless nights for everyone tonight 😭😭 

34 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Calm down! 

There isn't time to call a GE, you have to wait 25 days, plus labour don't have the numbers to vote it through the house, it takes 2/3 rds of the house to call it early. The only way you could do it is to get an A50 extention = unlikely. 

An election that Labour couldn't possibly win anyway. 

Ruling out no deal tomorrow, they could vote for it, doesn't make it legal though, it will get challenged, and is highly likely to destroy May. 

It also removes the legal default position, which makes it illegal and unlikely. 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Calm down! 

There isn't time to call a GE, you have to wait 25 days, plus labour don't have the numbers to vote it through the house, it takes 2/3 rds of the house to call it early. The only way you could do it is to get an A50 extention = unlikely. 

An election that Labour couldn't possibly win anyway. 

Ruling out no deal tomorrow, they could vote for it, doesn't make it legal though, it will get challenged, and is highly likely to destroy May. 

It also removes the legal default position, which makes it illegal and unlikely. 

It was talked about as an option on the news tonight?? A GE, obviously at the moment May doesn't have the majority to get what she wants, if it goes to a GE and she gets the boot then it's someone else's problem, she can say she tried her best, but there were too many people wanting different things?

so Labour go with remain, I hope Conservative go with leave? But who knows? 

It's not just Storm Gareth I can hear blowing!! ( how bad are these storm names 😅😅)

I've just emailed my three Medway Labour MPs to say that if we don't leave with no deal I'll never vote for them again (never voted for em last time).

Whatever the outcome of this stitch up I will never vote for either Tory or the Labour party again. Brexit party or whatever Mogg can come up with or even Ukip. If these MPs knew that was coming from everyone they might not be so ****** arrogant.

The arrogance of these MPs is probably the most revealing aspect of this whole sorry tale. What they don't realise is the damage they are doing to public confidence in the parliamentary system. Do they believe that by some sort of trickery they can fudge a vote through parliament all the anger will just disappear and it will all be forgotten?

They are not just storing up trouble for the future, they are piling it up it up in heaps. 

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The arrogance of these MPs is probably the most revealing aspect of this whole sorry tale.

True.

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

What they don't realise is the damage they are doing to public confidence in the parliamentary system.

I think the realise, but don't really care.  They get (over) paid whatever they do.  When they are out (retire, loose, deselected) they come out to a good pension, probably consultancy work, well filled trough.