Brexit - merged threads

scouser

12 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I read Comrade Corbyn is going to Brussels tomorrow ahead of May.  Why don't we revoke his passport.  He is not in Government and has no business talking with anyone on behalf of the British nation.

Corbyn, Blair - whoever next?  Abbott?  The Archbishop of Canterbury (another lefty)?  Rab C Nesbitt?

Everyone and anyone is desperate to try to sort something out. Even a delegation led by D Abbott is unlikely to be worse than the shambles that is the Tory party. 

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

Even a delegation led by D Abbott is unlikely to be worse than the shambles that is the Tory party. 

Okaaay !
Youre lucky if she knows what day it is !

1 minute ago, oowee said:

How long will the second extension be whilst we have an erection?

Relax, place your feet slightly apart and bend over. Big Boy Brexits in town, and hes packing No deal baby ! 😆

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Everyone? I doubt it. Problem is there is nothing on the table except Mays deal. How long will the second extension be whilst we have an election? 

Maybe not everyone but enough of them to vote the opposite way to the people of the UK and try to frustrate brexit. 

34 minutes ago, oowee said:

Everyone and anyone is desperate to try to sort something out. Even a delegation led by D Abbott is unlikely to be worse than the shambles that is the Tory party. 

Hell yes, let's give her a go, if she works the figures out like she usually does we might even get a payment from the EU to leave!

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Hell yes, let's give her a go, if she works the figures out like she usually does we might even get a payment from the EU to leave!

Be careful what you wish for - she might negotiate a 30 year extension rather than 30 days.

27 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Maybe not everyone but enough of them to vote the opposite way to the people of the UK and try to frustrate brexit. 

You mean members of the ERG working with Corbyn? Or do you mean the DUP faced with a no brainer deal? 

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Be careful what you wish for - she might negotiate a 30 year extension rather than 30 days.

Yes there is always a chance although i don't think either her or comrade Jeremy will ever get in to a position of power and responsibility!

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

The ERG are trying to uphold the result of the referendum, I can't see how you can argue against that? 

Most of the ERG want a deal rather than no deal. The only deal is May's and they vote against it thwarting the deal. How is that upholding the result when they are blocking the deal? 

Most of the ERG want a deal rather than no deal. The only deal is May's and they vote against it thwarting the deal. How is that upholding the result when they are blocking the deal? 

They want a free trade deal, as do I and probably most who voted for brexit, the EU however will not give one, probably because they know May is bluffing about just walking away, the ERG are not and as was voted for, if the EU won't give a free trade deal, we need to walk away, Aka a "hard" brexit. Therfore the ERG are trying to implement exactly what was voted for, something most of parliament is not! 

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

They want a free trade deal, as do I and probably most who voted for brexit, the EU however will not give one, probably because they know May is bluffing about just walking away, the ERG are not and as was voted for, if the EU won't give a free trade deal, we need to walk away, Aka a "hard" brexit. Therfore the ERG are trying to implement exactly what was voted for, something most of parliament is not! 

👍 I think we have to agree to disagree. The vote was to leave the EU no more no less. The trade deal negotiation has yet to start. Mays deal may not be perfect but it's a deal that takes us to the next step of the negotiation. 

👍 I think we have to agree to disagree. The vote was to leave the EU no more no less. The trade deal negotiation has yet to start. Mays deal may not be perfect but it's a deal that takes us to the next step of the negotiation. 

But it doesn't take the UK out of all the core rules that being an EU member would entail, that is not leaving the EU, its staying and calling it something else. You are of course entitled to a different opinion, but I just can't see what you see. 

54 minutes ago, oowee said:

Please don't call May's deal a deal, its an abject betrayal of the country.  Have you read the 40 salient points published in the Spectator, in what way is her 600 page stitch up anything but treason.  It is not an interim it enslaves us permanently with no say on how much we will need to stump up for whatever projects they bestow upon us and no say on any future legislation imposed upon us or on leaving which we never will.  She and her EU Quisling Remain Cabinet would have been executed in times gone by.

Edited by JRDS

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Conservative MP Nigel Evans the latest Tory to say one way of ending all the squabbling is to leave next Friday - then it's finished, and we can move on.

Quite; voting 'no deal' off the table doesn't mean the end of 'no deal' as an option, so I've just heard on the BBC website. Good news. 😊

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I think she has to go to see the Queen before she can announce that.

Thats maybe why she's so late; Liz is a woman too, and we all know how they like to talk! Oooops, did i just say that out loud? 🙂