Brexit - merged threads

scouser

33 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The odds on article 50 being revoked have been slashed today and once the email / server backlog is over come there will be close to 2million signatures on the online petition to revoke it. It will be interesting to see where all this is at by Monday morning, after the March in London. Squeaky bum time for the hard line Brexiteers.

This is pointless.

Dont you think that an online petition telling MP's to do their job and deliver Brexit wouldn't get get the same amount of votes?

Waste of time, just like our parliament.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29th crash out isn't going to happen now either, concocting a very crafty plan no doubt that says if she wins her vote then they allow until may 22nd but if vote fails will allow until April 12th, just enough time for the 14 days required to call a no confidence vote and form a new government who will then call a second referendum.

we are going to be denied our brexit anyway possible.

Edited by CZ550Kevlar

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Absolute twaddle! It's precisely what democracy is all about, people are allowed to change their minds and people who do not agree with your opinion are allowed to express their views and challenge. This 17.4 million votes from nearly three years ago is looking increasingly irrelevant and suggestions of anti democracy are frankly laughable.

The democratic thing would be to enact the result of the referendum. Not ignore the result. 

I don’t like the result of the general election, should we keep voting until I'm satisfied? Absolutely NOT the majority win that is democracy. What you are talking about is the EU's version of Democracy, it didn't go our way so vote again. Or in this case just ignore it all together and pretend it didn't happen!

Well it did happen and it isn't going away.

The BBC has now seen the text of the latest draft conclusions being drawn up by EU leaders.

Confirming earlier media speculation, they read: "The European Council agrees to an extension until 22 May 2019, provided the Withdrawal Agreement is approved by the House of Commons next week. 

"If the Withdrawal Agreement is not approved by the House of Commons next week, the European Council agrees to an extension until 12 April 2019 and expects the UK to indicate a way forward before this date for consideration by the European Council."

well surprise surprise, a convenient extension even if the vote fails and stops the so called crash out, farcical and bloody disgusting!

I often wonder if the statement made in some posts means that following a general election we can dump the elected  government mid term if we change our minds . What sort of democracy would that be.

Edited by manton

15 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Absolute twaddle! It's precisely what democracy is all about, people are allowed to change their minds and people who do not agree with your opinion are allowed to express their views and challenge. This 17.4 million votes from nearly three years ago is looking increasingly irrelevant and suggestions of anti democracy are frankly laughable.

The result needs to be implemented, the reason we're 3 years down the road and still no closer to brexit is because of the anti democratic MPs in parliament who refuse to implement the referendum result. 

This whole thing puts a nail in the coffin of brexit and a travesty of democracy, damned right disgusting! Our future yet again has been decided by the EU 27 behind closed doors without us in the room, how is that possible or allowable?

we've been strung along and given false hope from the start 3 years ago.

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

This 17.4 million votes from nearly three years ago is looking increasingly irrelevant

Are they? 

In that case why don't we ignore them then? Cancel brexit and move on yes? 

Or do you mean they are no where near that many people in favour of leave now? 

Again, if that's the case, why didn't they just force another referendum through, we vote remain, forget the first one, and move on? 

The polls tell us remain has more supporters now, the polls wouldn't lie now would they? 

So the support is there to put this sorry tale behind us, stay in the EU, and move on. 

Or is it? 

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Who are 'most' commentators? There are business owners on both sides of the divide with opposing views; they can't both be right. 

Business owners are as you say on both sides, although I suspect the majority don't know and of those that do the larger ones have already offset where they can. Commentators would include industry bodies that take a sounding board of members, CBI, BCC, BDI (german), London Stock Exchange, SMMT, NFU Cymru, NFU Scotland, UFU, UK Steel,  FSB, The Chancellor, Governor of BoE, overwhelming Majority of MP's, the governments departments of Trade, Health .  

16 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

It’s doesn’t prove a thing, it’s an article claiming that Russia is behind it, more likely it’s just individuals ‘messing around’

If it was large scale ‘foreign’ involvement, then don’t you think that “A”, the figure would be higher and more importantly , “b”, they would at least not use joke names from odd Countries but show the individuals to be from the Uk

How thick do you think these ‘supposed’ meddling Countries are? Or how gullible are many at believing the press/facebook or twitter type ‘postings’ 

Pinch of salt for everything that is not actually first hand witnessed these days I’m afraid. 

Frankly, it’s getting rather laughable and could almost be a script from a James Bond movie- oh that’s right, Elliott Carver’s character in the ‘Tomorrow never dies’  

14 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Or how gullible are many at believing the press/facebook or twitter type ‘postings’ 

Well the remainers believe all the scare stories and horseplop from the bbc, tw4tter, faceache and A list celebrities that don't even live in the uk anymore...

Sooooooooooo.. 

9 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

It was actually me- I have the house to myself on the 29th and I know you lot have your fireworks ready for the night, when all I want is a nice peaceful evening, so I had to get it delayed 🙂

No no no, come over and join in the celebrations, I'll put a big one up for you!:lol:

25 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Well the remainers believe all the scare stories and horseplop from the bbc, tw4tter, faceache and A list celebrities that don't even live in the uk anymore...

Sooooooooooo.. 

Exactly my point, if the media are to be believed, I voted leave because the Russians told me to, well apparently that petition is only being signed due to Russian and North Korea influences. 

25 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Exactly my point, if the media are to be believed, I voted leave because the Russians told me to, well apparently that petition is only being signed due to Russian and North Korea influences. 

But if that is the case then we are all uneducated fools and have been tricked..  😉 

Damn those pesky Russians... 

So why does the EU need to except the fact you guys are leaving? 

According to the media in the US very few people wanted to leave the EU and the vote to leave was a misunderstanding.  

If the media are actually saying that, they are lying. Did Donald get elected due to a misunderstanding?