scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Like the millions on Farage’s March? Don’t hear much about that one do we!

You wont hear much about it, 90 % of the media support remain, plus they only sold 200 core march  tickets, as that was all they made available,  a few bods turn up to do the odd local leg, but it was designed like that, so it didnt cause traffic chaos.

If 10 ,000 people were trundling down the road causing tailbacks and a potentially dangerous situation, it would have got negative press anyway.
The way its been done its causing minimal disruption and, when it does get press attention, its largely positive, even the anti Brexit Indy did a decent piece on it a couple of days ago.

You could just as easily say where is the anti march group, Led by Donkeys , who were supposed to be dogging them all the way with advertising vans, when they realised THEY would get negative press for the potential road safety hazard, they gave up.

I wonder if the Russians funded this too ?😄

6 hours ago, oowee said:

If the vote had been to stay there is no reason why at anytime after another vote to leave could not be held. Just like the Scot ref. It's still democracy and we are all the better for it. The debate and discussion might be to no end but it does act like a lag on process that stops / reduces some political stupidity. In my view we need more consensus politics. 

The fact is that our representative democracy does not deal well with direct democracy. 

Oh pleeasse! Am I supposed to take that suggestion seriously? If the result had been stay we wouldn’t be still trundling on about it almost three years later! It has taken a damn sight many more years than three for politicians to conjure up the nerve to give us the referendum after even many more years of campaigning.  The only reason it’s still being debated is because we voted ( according to them ) the wrong way. 

37 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I wonder if the Russians funded this too ?😄

Don’t be silly, we all know that Elon Musk has been secretly bring back Aliens from Space-X project and it is they who are influencing Society, or more likely its that Ditchy behind it all..........

2 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Don’t be silly, we all know that Elon Musk has been secretly bring back Aliens from Space-X project and it is they who are influencing Society, or more likely its that Ditchy behind it all..........

all the answers you are looking for will be found in "Harnsers bunker"

9 hours ago, walshie said:

Why is anyone taking notice of this petition? The referendum was only open to registered voters. Anyone can sign a petition and it looks like they have. Have a look at the data and see where some of these votes are supposedly coming from - some countries i have never even heard of. Add into that mix the amount of people who have signed multiple times just by registering a throwaway email address and it means nothing. Perhaps the remainers should have rallied more support 3 years ago instead of clutching at straws at this late stage.

Does anyone know how to look at the data I a way that makes it a bit more readable?

All those that are supporting/advocating delays, second referendums, withdraw article 50 etc, which lets not kid ourselves are all really designed to frustrate and overturn the majority democratic vote of the people, to leave the U.K. Think on....if a handful of politicians in Westminster can overturn the democratic will of 17+ million people, they can do anything they choose to do, and nothing if they choose not to!............It confirms that in future the people's (including the current crop of remainers!) opinions can just be ignored, and never again will we have a voice or be listened to on ANYTHING which affects us!.........a step closer to a police state?

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Oh pleeasse! Am I supposed to take that suggestion seriously? If the result had been stay we wouldn’t be still trundling on about it almost three years later! It has taken a damn sight many more years than three for politicians to conjure up the nerve to give us the referendum after even many more years of campaigning.  The only reason it’s still being debated is because we voted ( according to them ) the wrong way. 

? It only requires a mandate in a GE and it would be on the table. If it had been voted down it would have been more than reasonable to expect the like of Farage to come back again. The only reason its being debated is to try to get a sensible way forward. It's democracy in action.

All this would be laughable if it weren't so serious and didn't spell the end of democracy. 

Twist it anyway you want, the fact remains, the people were asked a simple question in the largest vote in history and they have refused to action the result, it's a travisty! 

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

? It only requires a mandate in a GE and it would be on the table. If it had been voted down it would have been more than reasonable to expect the like of Farage to come back again. The only reason its being debated is to try to get a sensible way forward. It's democracy in action.

Then let it be a mandate in a GE. Until then, our politicians should be implementing the will of a democratically held referendum instead of trying to thwart that result at every opportunity. Scum, the lot of them. 

The next GE will be very interesting indeed. I hope all those people nationwide who want to see that democratic process over-ruled get what they deserve. 

I dont think we’ll ever have seen tactical voting like it before. Squeaky bum time ( as they say ) indeed! 🙂

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

Then let it be a mandate in a GE. Until then, our politicians should be implementing the will of a democratically held referendum instead of trying to thwart that result at every opportunity. Scum, the lot of them. 

The next GE will be very interesting indeed. I hope all those people nationwide who want to see that democratic process over-ruled get what they deserve. 

I dont think we’ll ever have seen tactical voting like it before. Squeaky bum time ( as they say ) indeed! 🙂

Spot on, I was speaking to colleagues today and even many who voted remain plan to boycott the Conservatives and Labour Party at the next election and literally everyone I know who voted leave is doing the same if they won't get us out. 

Genuine question relating to the behaviour of MPs in relation to Brexit; one of the inferences mentioned here on several occasions is that of self interest in us remaining in the EU but it's not obvious to me how that would be so. How would MPs, individually and collectively, benefit from us remaining in the EU as opposed to us leaving?

9 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Genuine question relating to the behaviour of MPs in relation to Brexit; one of the inferences mentioned here on several occasions is that of self interest in us remaining in the EU but it's not obvious to me how that would be so. How would MPs, individually and collectively, benefit from us remaining in the EU as opposed to us leaving?

Depends, some might have their eye on a future job for life in the bloated EU, but I would imagine most simply view anyone wanting to leave as an xenophobic, racist, little Englander, which is of course complete nonsense, but then political correctness has been out of control for years in this country and I think part of it is an extension of that, its a bit like a virtue signalling competition with who can be the most inclusive, when in reality they are small minded by excluding the rest of the world in favour of the EU. 

Edited by 12gauge82

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

The individuals I see in the media that want to remain are MPs celebrity types, seem to be people on big wages, probably big pensions fancy portfolios i imagine.

Somehow they stand to loose financially.

Then its people who are married to a foreigner maybe Spanish or German? This i understand.

Then there are British folk who don't want to be ruled by/from Europe.

I am still surprised the original vote wasn't a bigger split for leave, maybe the next three or four votes will be different 😣 🤔