Brexit - merged threads

scouser

1 minute ago, das said:

who in the hell is left apart from a useless bunch of snowflakes and a party with a commie leader?

And that is exactly the problem.  Corbyn (and cronies) would keep us (effectively since he wants to remain in both the customs union and single market) in the EU ...... but without any say in policy - AND would wreck the economy as well!

I think the best chance is a Tory government with a new Leave leader ........ but against that - I'm not a fan of Boris.

Any new Farage fronted "Brexit" party will struggle with unknown candidates, no policy other than Brexit, and I can't see them winning any seats let alone the 315 odd needed for a majority.  It would also suffer the same problem UKIP had when Farage was leader - that is being a 'one man band' with unknown candidates.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

And that is exactly the problem.  Corbyn (and cronies) would keep us (effectively since he wants to remain in both the customs union and single market) in the EU ...... but without any say in policy - AND would wreck the economy as well!

I think the best chance is a Tory government with a new Leave leader ........ but against that - I'm not a fan of Boris.

Any new Farage fronted "Brexit" party will struggle with unknown candidates, no policy other than Brexit, and I can't see them winning any seats let alone the 315 odd needed for a majority.  It would also suffer the same problem UKIP had when Farage was leader - that is being a 'one man band' with unknown candidates.

I would back Jacob Rees Mogg if he took the top job, (which I'm sure he won't) but other than that, I will literally support anyone other than the cons or labour, hopefully Nigel will have his new party set up and support will grow over the next couple of elections. I can categorically say, without a genuine leaver at the helm, I will never vote Conservative again and I know many who feel the same. 

55 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I would back Jacob Rees Mogg if he took the top job, (which I'm sure he won't) but other than that, I will literally support anyone other than the cons or labour, hopefully Nigel will have his new party set up and support will grow over the next couple of elections. I can categorically say, without a genuine leaver at the helm, I will never vote Conservative again and I know many who feel the same. 

I have heard many folk state they will never vote Tory again, including all but one of my close family.

It’s looking like a Labour landslide by default! 😀👍

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Like Ive said, if there were any indication that , in general, more people would vote to remain now than leave, I guarantee you would not only have had it plastered all over the media, but it would have been acted upon, either by 2nd ref, or just cancelling Brexit altogether.
Forget about polls commissioned by newspapers, and this means both sides (a recent Express poll cites a big swing toward leave) if there was proper official evidence that negated the original 4 point lead, we would know about it.
The reason we DONT know about it is because that 4 point lead is probably bigger now, but thats bad press that they want to ignore.

I admire your strength of conviction. I agree on the polls. This hasn't run its course yet but Leavers are starting to sound like the victims here (and I don't mean that to goas anyone). I think claiming a bigger 4 point lead is pretty bold though.

4 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

I think a lot of it is about them becoming accountable again, and them actually having to do their job.

Can't blame the EU if we are no longer a member.

These people want an easy life while taking large sums of TAX payer's money.

Thanks but I've still not heard anything particularly convincing on this, I was hoping for something tangible / concrete that I was blissfully unaware of. It's leading me to wonder what the real motives of Parliament in all this is particularly where they are acting against the wishes of the majority of their constituents.

3 hours ago, poontang said:

I agree it can only show limited information, but it clearly shows that remain areas would still vote to remain, and leave areas would vote to leave. That much has not changed, there is certainly not the seismic shift across the country as being portrayed by the remain camp. Whether there is a shift significant enough to reverse the 2016 referendum result would of course be open to question, however, if I was in the remain camp I would want to be seeing massive changes across the whole country before waving my sphincter spangled blue rag with too much gusto.

The solution to me is fairly simple. 

Bring an indicative vote before parliament and ask MP's to vote on what the petition is asking for, so simply put a non binding, free vote to all MP's with the simple question: Should we revoke article 50 and stop the Brexit process?       Swiftly followed by a general election.

That should focus a few minds. 

I'm not sure the revocation petition can credibly tell you anything about how the areas that voted leave would vote again. But to be clear I'm not advocating a second vote here and to be fair the petition tells you nothing overall about any notion of swing or overall public opinion.

An indicative vote like would truly test the strength of conviction of the MPs who appear to be trying to talk Brexit away. It would be the ultimate acid test.

Just seen the remain demo on the news in London, supposed to be 1 million people there?? Don't think so, lots of folk yes in probably the biggest remain area in the country.

they should have had multiple demos in Birmingham and Manchester as well see how many people turned out through the country not just remain central.

I can't see much wrong with dumping conservative nor labour at the next election - if Brexit is thwarted: UK as a  sovereign country that has surrendered to a Germany led EU is will have much less relevant MP's. If that is the case there won't be much need for as many UK MP's anyway.

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The Cons would take a GE, labour are cowering in fear at the thought.

After a track record of three years of doing less than nothing. A vote for the Tories is a vote for a broken party with a record of carp. I reckon the result would require a coalition. 

Hundreds of thousands march against Brexit mean while :lol:

Former Ukip leader Nigel Farage re-joined the March to Leave in Linby, near Nottingham, on Saturday morning telling around 200 Brexit supporters that Mrs May had reduced the nation "to a state of humiliation"

Edited by oowee

It seems politricks is the new way to win a war. So many people wanting to exercise their right to a vote who are willing to surrender their sovereign country to a German led EU superstate - that has leaders they cannot vote in or out of control of our country. 😞

33 minutes ago, oowee said:

a track record of three years of doing absolutely nothing except whine . A vote for labour is a vote for a broken party with a record of anti semitism and terrorist support. I reckon a labour win would require a lobotomy 

Fixed it :good:

37 minutes ago, oowee said:

Hundreds of thousands march against Brexit .

I heard MILLIONS 🤣

10 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

It seems politricks is the new way to win a war. So many people wanting to exercise their right to a vote who are willing to surrender their sovereign country to a German led EU superstate - that has leaders they cannot vote in or out of control of our country. 😞

Plenty of us have said this, why o why would people want to be ruled by Europe?? It defies logic.

2 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

If it’s sarcasm you wish for? How many did Nige address? Wasn’t it 80, or maybe a massive 200?

Ooooh, seem to have hit a nerve there, sorry! 

I have no idea how many Nige addressed; I wasn’t there. He hasn’t done bad over the last few years though eh,  for a lone crusader! 🙂

A **** load of foreigners demonstrating in London doesn't change a bloody thing!

Draw a list up of the 'Celebs and so called Politicians' there and every traitorous R......Sole was there that you would expect.

Edited by JRDS

Just now, Scully said:

Ooooh, seem to have hit a nerve there, sorry! 

I have no idea how many Nige addressed; I wasn’t there. He hasn’t done bad over the last few years though eh,  for a lone crusader! 🙂

Nope, I just thought this thread had become a bit of a point scoring exercise 🙂

couldnt let it go all one way ........ 

btw, gosh- wasn’t the turn out in London rather impressive

3 minutes ago, JRDS said:

A **** load of foreigners demonstrating in London doesn't change a bloody thing!

Didn’t know you were there to check the Nationality of those taking part? Or is it supposition?

I was reading the comments on an article about the march from people who were on it and they said they didn't hear anyone speaking English, says it all for London the **** hole. 

Edited by JRDS

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

I don’t know; like I said, I wasn’t there. 

Not as impressive as a 17.4 million turn out though, eh! 😀

Your turn! 🙂

17.4 million you say... So that's like 17 x 1 million people, hmmm that's a big number and quite a majority sounding kind of number. 😇

2 minutes ago, CZ550Kevlar said:

17.4 million you say... So that's like 17 x 1 million people, hmmm that's a big number and quite a majority sounding kind of number. 😇

Not really when the actual ‘voted’ majority was 600000 ( doesn’t sound quite as impressive now ), and what about the 10mil who didn’t vote- could have gone either way! Had the majority been 10.6 mil, then that would have been impressive and also less likely to have divided the nation in the way it has.

Im here for the ‘jest’ , but it does seem a bit intense at times on here 

Just now, JRDS said:

Anyone travelling to London to listen to Sozzleface, Chuckup and arch traitor Grieve want their heads testing! 

Same could be said for paying £50 to £80 to walk with Nige when he has only done two half days ( typical Politician can’t even do a full weeks worth of work) 

7 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

could be said for paying £50 to £80 to walk with Nige when he has only done two half days ( typical Politician can’t even do a full weeks worth of work) 

If you pay your 50 quid to be one of the 200 registered marchers, you get breakfast ,dinner and a nights accommodation,  for however many days you walk.

Plus you get to have a social drinkie with like minded people,  doesn't sound too bad does it?

If I wasnt working all day today ,I'd have dropped in.