Brexit - merged threads

scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get off your very unpatriotic left wing high horse.  Any active Remainers voted in on a Leave Manifesto have been elected to Parliament under a lie, they should hardly be surprised that people are unhappy at that scenario when they are actively trying to overturn the biggest vote in the country's history should they.

18 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Oh, so now my Political leanings are also being questioned? 

Whats next? Ethnicity, Sexuality or can I really eat three shredded wheat! 

the problem with eating3 shredded wheat is you have to open two packets since they changed them, so i eat two now 😉 but three wheatabix

I do hope several or lots of MPs loose their positions at the next GE if they have gone against getting us out of Europe, problem is lots of people will likely still vote as they normally do because there's little alternative.

And i hoped it would all end next week 😭😭😭 

ok grew up in Ireland born in 64 listened to my dad whinging in the early 70s  about  joining the eu     guinness would be soon a £  a pint and petrol would be a £ a gallon and wheat was only £150 a ton  wheat did not reach that price again  until four or five years ago dew to a shortage petrol and Guinness rocketed   back in those days we were taught the sun never set on English seventy be it candida Australia Ireland India china to mention a few it was all about the aristocrat keeping the working classes in their place as they did in this country as every where else  very efficiently     look to history and you will see the same issues / pattern with the eu   it was set up t eliminate  red tape trading and lead to  ease of trading  not to set up to be  ruled by brussels and self appointed people and here we are repeating history giving monies that could be used at home  its a bit like paying a neighbour to spank your kids and carry on paying for the privilege 

Edited by Saltings

10 hours ago, oowee said:

I also read that the woman that created the Brexit petition has had death threats against her.

Has anyone ever actually seen her? For such a high profile person, a supposed retired lecturer and political activist there doesn't seem to be a single picture of her on t'internet. Not a single picture on her social media networks, she doesn't turn up to the march yesterday and only does interviews by phone. 

I'm beginning to wonder if Margaret Georgiadou actually exists.

4 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/8702416/brexit-petition-lecturer-threatened-shoot-theresa-may-facebook/amp/

Her picture appears in several link titles as these are embedded, however u would think that she has also requested to have her picture removed ( which you can do) due to concerns over its distribution for hate based purposes?

She looks quite contrite;

NINTCHDBPICT000477895770.jpg

eould you wish to have your picture plastered over every site, if you were the subject of ‘threats’?

Maybe your right though and she is indeed fictitious- fact remains, not all of the 4.6 mill ‘Petitioners’ are though!

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

She looks quite contrite;

NINTCHDBPICT000477895770.jpg

That’s not actually her- that’s Shelagh. I made the posting without checking my facts 🙂 ( naughty boy, but I’m prepared to admit it... there’s a novelty, checking facts and not relying on all media postings ( yes, I’ve got my ‘catty’ head on due to waking up as my alter ego ‘mr grumpy’))

TC- give me a chance matey, I had literally only just edited the ‘post’ , are you always this quick on the draw? 

Oh, asked my wife and she said I’m not allowed to go see some strangers big rocket 🙂

Edited by Jaymo

A remoaner who failed to check his facts, surely not!

Good morning Mr Grumpy, I have been woken up by the snoring monster and am as happy as Larry!

So know I am guilty of not checking my (your) facts out first!:lol::rolleyes::P

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
Addition of promise to check my facts too!

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I remember those days, they do grow out of it and then move away, not sure about the cats though!

There is always the vets and ‘shaved paw’ to sort that out- old girl is 19 in July, so I anticipate her departure soon, surely

5 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

eould you wish to have your picture plastered over every site, if you were the subject of ‘threats’?

Maybe your right though and she is indeed fictitious- fact remains, not all of the 4.6 mill ‘Petitioners’ are though!

If I were to have been the architect of such a petition of course I'd be happy to be seen. I'm sure there are plenty of petitioners who are real, and I'm sure that the petition is the largest there's been but it means absolutely nothing. If Jeremy Corbyn started a petition to have a general election next week I'm sure the numbers would dwarf the EU petition...but there would be no election. 

So, who is Ms Georgiadou?

As an aside and of completely "NO SIGNIFICANCE" who are all the "Herbert's" that stand around waving flags and boards in Westminster calling for Brexit or remain. Don't they have jobs to go to?

And who is the burk with the giant megaphone that calls out "we're not going to brexit any more"?