Brexit - merged threads

scouser

22 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

If I’m missing the point- then why are you all on here still talking about it? Why are the Politicians still ‘talking about’ if it was that black n white.

What evidence do you have that the EU is corrupt? Have you had personal dealings or is it just the signing off of the Statement of accounts?

If you want ‘corruption’ or mid-use of positions then how about UK cross party expense claims? Assignment of Contracts? HS2 ? The Banking system? 

On a tiddly scale I’m sure there is a time that you have accepted to turn a blind eye to something? Maybe you ‘accidently’ forgot to pay the VAT on something or asked not too? The scale may be measurably different but the principle is the same—- the World works this way and always has, most probably always will.

Is it right? Of course not but I have a level of acceptance.

More important note- how on earth did we just let a goal in against Montenegro!!!!!!!!! 

And had the shoe been on the other foot, your honestly telling me that if the wax s Petition to force another vote to leave that you wouldn’t sign it? Pinocchio 

Because Westminster refuse to enact the vote they gave to us.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are the remain members here happy to have an EU army which os happening, a central monetary fund meaning we are told what we have to spend our money on? Becoming a state of the EU, no longer being a country in our own right? Being told what our laws will be. Having no say, NO DEMOCRACY... If you're happy with that why not just move to France, Spain, Germany, Italy now.. Then we'd not be having any disagreement. 

Edited by ShootingEgg

15 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

A few days ago that petition was dubbed Mickey Mouse and not worthy of discussion, it’s had a fair bit of airtime on this thread since.

It is a Micky mouse petition, it's been initiated by a nutter and signed by individuals not just resident in the UK, but from all over the world, and it gets airtime on here through annoyed frustration, because to the remainer media, the BBC, Guardian etc, it's mana from heaven, and endlessly splashed all over their news reports and front pages!......whereas anything pro Brexit is hidden in the inside pages or not reported on at all!

29 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Are the remain members here happy to have an EU army which os happening, a central monetary fund meaning we are told what we have to spend our money on? Becoming a state of the EU, no longer being a country in our own right? Being told what our laws will be. Having no say, NO DEMOCRACY... If you're happy with that why not just move to France, Spain, Germany, Italy now.. Then we'd not be having any disagreement. 

Lived in France for ten years and work in most European Countries still- only back due to work and family.

Would/am I happy with your opening statement, then tbh, yes- strength in numbers and unity, it’s often mooted about how the Great Wars were fought, part of the post War statements was that we would work together to avoid these sort of conflicts again.

You go to the pub, some people are more popular than others, some of your mates pay more than others- but overall your happy to go out as a group, unlike that poor old sod who sits in isolation tutting about life, always complaining.

24 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

It is a Micky mouse petition, it's been initiated by a nutter and signed by individuals not just resident in the UK, but from all over the world, and it gets airtime on here through annoyed frustration, because to the remainer media, the BBC, Guardian etc, it's mana from heaven, and endlessly splashed all over their news reports and front pages!......whereas anything pro Brexit is hidden in the inside pages or not reported on at all!

Who is to say that some of the ‘leave means leave’ type petitions haven’t also had input from ‘others’ 

It seems that if it doesn’t suit you ideals then it’s wrong- and here we are bleating on about Democracy..... Double standards abound everywhere 

Edited by Jaymo
Spellink:-)

55 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

And had the shoe been on the other foot, your honestly telling me that if the wax s Petition to force another vote to leave that you wouldn’t sign it? Pinocchio 

I already said in my last post, of course anyone can sign any petition they want, my annoyance is with those in power who are holding up an irrelevant petition as an excuse to try and overturn the result of an official referendum that obviously supersedes it. 

I genuinely hold no annoyance with anyone who wishes to remain and they should be allowed to express opposing views, what should never be allowed is for those in power to ignore a straight forward democratic vote because they don't like the outcome, that's a dictatorship not a democracy. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

How many times did you sign?

Just once. 

But I think my cats has signed at least 9 times , once for each of her lives ( well she did live in France too) 

joke btw , after her accident she only had 8 lives left .....

To be fair we seem to already have dispelled the myth that MPs are subverting democracy because it’s in their interest for us to remain in the EU.

We really seem to be making something relatively straightforward into something of unmanageable complexity.

The government are caught between a rock and a hard place. No deal is not going to happen. The government deal is a no Brexit deal which is worse than the current deal we have.

It’s a classic example of stalemate and the only viable way out is to call a halt to it. By all means restart the process once a realistic set of scenarios / outcomes have been agreed but this is farcical on a scale of humiliation that would previously only be enacted in tin pot banana republics.

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

To be fair we seem to already have dispelled the myth that MPs are subverting democracy because it’s in their interest for us to remain in the EU.

Have we, when was that? 

We really seem to be making something relatively straightforward into something of unmanageable complexity.

I agree, we need a hard brexit immediately, it's the only way to uphold the referendum. 

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

The government are caught between a rock and a hard place. No deal is not going to happen. The government deal is a no Brexit deal which is worse than the current deal we have.

It won't happen because they refuse to enact the referendum result. 

It’s a classic example of stalemate and the only viable way out is to call a halt to it. By all means restart the process once a realistic set of scenarios / outcomes have been agreed but this is farcical on a scale of humiliation that would previously only be enacted in tin pot banana republics.

As above, its stale mate because the UK population made crystal clear what they wanted and the government refused to enact it. 

33 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Just once. 

But I think my cats has signed at least 9 times , once for each of her lives ( well she did live in France too) 

joke btw , after her accident she only had 8 lives left .....

So despite denying it you DO think the democratically arrived at referendum result should be ignored and/or overturned.

Seems to be a EU thing. 

59 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Who is to say that some of the ‘leave means leave’ type petitions haven’t also had input from ‘others’

It seems that if it doesn’t suit you ideals then it’s wrong- and here we are bleating on about Democracy..... Double standards abound everywhere 

I don't know! Do you?............no! Neither of us do! We can believe what we choose, and choose from what we are told...but we don't really know!

However I have seen the published voting stats in the revoke Article 50 petition that prove many votes have come from outwith the U.K.

The numbers quoted in the million people March is also in dispute............around 300,000 is an estimate from alternative sources! Lol! 

55 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Do you have concrete reasons to propose as to why it's in Parliaments interest for us to remain in the EU?

Hard Brexit isn't on the table, it never was and you're projecting your personal view of what leave meant on 17.4 million votes.

My best pal, who voted leave, signed the revocation petition as did my brother but I'm happy to accept that they are the only two leave turn coats in the country.

Out of interest, if a leave voter now decides they want a second vote are they also an anti democrat?

27 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Parliament are taking over the running of Brexit!

Is it the running of Brexit or just the agenda for Wednesday? 

Sir Bill Cash has already called it a revolution, and thinks they will come to regret it. 

So TM called a general election on advice and got spanked loosing her majority.

Now parliament have taken control of brexit, watching newsnight and plenty of people are saying TM the PM is loosing control of everything?? How long before she resigns or gets the push?

SNP want another referendum to keep Scotland and us in Europe.

So is no deal now dead?? If parliament are now in control will it ever end??

4 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Do you have concrete reasons to propose as to why it's in Parliaments interest for us to remain in the EU?

Hard Brexit isn't on the table, it never was and you're projecting your personal view of what leave meant on 17.4 million votes.

My best pal, who voted leave, signed the revocation petition as did my brother but I'm happy to accept that they are the only two leave turn coats in the country.

Out of interest, if a leave voter now decides they want a second vote are they also an anti democrat?

after all the drama  only one  of my  many customers voted stay     the palaver at the moment she  has changed her mind to leave as sick of  **** with mps and she has done much more research her vote is now leave  once a decision is made all financial markets will settle down 

Edited by Saltings