Brexit - merged threads

scouser

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

Polls indicate that a General Election would return a similar Parliamentary make up to where we are now. 

Im sorry ,I cant believe thats possible.
My thoughts are labour would lose 30+ seats if an election was called for next month, and possibly as many as 50.

I believe they know this also.

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

My thoughts are labour would lose 30+ seats if an election was called for next month, and possibly as many as 50.

I would be inclined to agree with you - but it isn't what the polls are (apparently) saying  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6864151/What-happens-Theresa-wins-vote-really-election-loses.html

Also - if May stays - I believe the Tories will do badly.  If she goes (as I think she must), it will depend on who we get.  Despite not being a Boris supporter ...... he might be an election winner.  Gove also behaves very well at the despatch box (did a cracking speech for the no confidence vote) - and Javid may help win some ethnic minority votes (can't see a lot else to recommend him to be honest).

13 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

If they loose them to Umunna, Soubery (who won't be there as she will loose her seat) and co - they are all Remainers, so the official Labour may loose some, but the overall Parliamentary arithmetic between Government and 'combined opposition' will remain much the same

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I think most likely result would be more of the same. No overall control. Why would labour loose seats? I appreciate the general view of them on here but that was the same at the last GE. Whatever people think the tory opposition has been worse than a disaster and people always want hope which this shower does not offer.

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

Explain to me please...............

• its seems everybody in the UK.....including the UK govt' says "no-deal is off the table"
  • The EU has been saying for a few days now "that no deal exit is the most likely now"

wot do they know that we dont.?

We have 14 days  to sort it. Not enough time so now no deal on the 12th

I hope it is a no deal, no divorce to pay. We just get on and deal with whoever wants to do business with us. We will probably be much better off without a deal.

All this hard border in Ireland will be the EU choice not ours.

7 minutes ago, das said:

Lies?

Those snivelling shameless toe rags should be sacked for their dishonesty - not de-selected - SACKED: Because they do not have enough integrity to be members of Parliament - who make decisions for the UK population.

I wonder what those liars will say now, if someone interviewed them again and showed them this vid?   They're probably making up the excuses as I write.  Slippier than a bag of jellied eels!  I sincerely hope to God that we will get out on NO DEAL, then we can all laugh out loud when the EU comes crawling to the UK for our business.  Stuff em!

EU are calling a rather convenient meeting on April 10th and I guarantee they will offer an extension.

we should have gone out on no deal tonight, we should go out on the 12th but we won't.

Theyll pull some new trick in Westminster to thwart Brexit and keep us in, it's one big farce and there is no democracy in this country.

At the 2nd May I'm going to the polling station and defacing my ballot.

If there is another referendum then I will vote, as I did before, to leave.

Other than that I will never vote again in national elections.   Democracy is dead in this country and why should I waste my time.

Our politicians have sent our troops to conflicts all over the world in support of democracy.   Why?   We don't have it here yet.

The system of political government in this country is not fit for purpose and should be scrapped.   Who can scrap it?   The politicians - So don't hold your breath for any great reforms coming any time soon.

I am totally disgusted by the whole bunch of them. 

CZ550kevlar - Good idea - I will do that tearing up the ballot paper bit too.

Edited by Grandalf
later post had good idea