scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/meetings/european-council/2019/03/21-22/ Are you saying a vote never took place at this meeting?

Show me the bit where it says there was a unanimous vote. 

It seems funny the day before macron was saying this

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1102848/Brexit-news-emmanuel-macron-brexit-theresa-may-brexit-extension

Despite the fact that Hungary and Italy were widely reported as opposing it. 

Article 50 CAN be extended in 'special' circumstance, by request, as long as every country approves it, did this happen?

Who knows? They say they did, so it must be true eh? 

8 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

The poison dwarf Bercow cannot allow another vote on this surely...?

That's what i saw on the news today, more things being voted for Monday and TM may try again to get her vote through? Madness.

He will allow anything that blocks brexit or choose brino over leave everytime, he's not fit to hold office. 

That's what i saw on the news today, more things being voted for Monday and TM may try again to get her vote through? Madness.

It wasn't supposed to go through the last time....the right person must have gave him a promise to play with his button mushroom....******* weasel that he is...

53 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/meetings/european-council/2019/03/21-22/ Are you saying a vote never took place at this meeting?

33 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1102848/Brexit-news-emmanuel-macron-brexit-theresa-may-brexit-extension

Article 50 CAN be extended in 'special' circumstance, by request, as long as every country approves it, did this happen?

So is there no way in this so called democratic EU to see if there was a vote and how everyone voted??? 

Surely there must be a record of votes and how people voted???

Maybe minutes of the meeting?

Or is everything carried out in secret behind closed doors???

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'd rewatch the video showing what was promised by the government before the referendum took place. 

The Government promised nothing. Members of leave UK may have promised things they had no authority to deliver. That is simply the problem. 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

As you well know, 17.4 million people voted to leave. 

To leave yes. They did not vote for a no deal brexit / WTO it was not on the ballot paper. 

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

So is there no way in this so called democratic EU to see if there was a vote and how everyone voted??? 

Surely there must be a record of votes and how people voted???

Maybe minutes of the meeting?

Or is everything carried out in secret behind closed doors???

It will be recorded. 

Edited by oowee

7 hours ago, Rewulf said:

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press/press-releases/2019/03/20/invitation-letter-by-president-donald-tusk-to-the-members-of-the-european-council-ahead-of-their-meetings-on-21-and-22-march-2019/

From Tusk's invitation letter to the members of the council......

In the light of the consultations that I have been conducting over the past days, I believe that we could consider a short extension conditional on a positive vote on the Withdrawal Agreement in the House of Commons. ...........We will discuss it in detail tomorrow. When it comes to the approval of the Strasbourg agreement, I believe that this is possible, and in my view it does not create risks.....At this time I do not foresee an extraordinary European Council. If you were to approve my recommendations, and if there were a positive vote in the House of Commons next week, we could finalise and formalise the decision on the extension using a written procedure.......

The European Council will start on Thursday afternoon with our usual exchange with President Tajani. We will then turn to Prime Minister May who will share her assessment of the latest developments regarding Brexit. After this, we will discuss the next steps concerning Brexit at 27. We will reconvene at 28 for dinner to discuss our relations with China.....

It's all there for anyone who cares to look. You just need to broaden your reading range beyond your own side's propaganda :)The whole thing was decided in an hour or so, going by the schedule of the meeting. As for Macron, the Italians, etc, while they might in theory have disapproved an extension they quite obviously didn't feel strongly enough to make it an issue. They've all got more important things on their plates and their worlds don't revolve around the Brexit soap...unlike some others.....

Edited by Retsdon

6 hours ago, oowee said:

The Government promised nothing. Members of leave UK may have promised things they had no authority to deliver. That is simply the problem. 

To leave yes. They did not vote for a no deal brexit / WTO it was not on the ballot paper. 

It will be recorded. 

David Cameron and the official leaflet said in no uncertain terms that a vote to leave meant we'd leave the customs Union and single market, I believe he also mentioned we might need to leave on wto terms, common sense would also dictate that. It really is simple

3 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

David Cameron and the official leaflet said in no uncertain terms that a vote to leave meant we'd leave the customs Union and single market, I believe he also mentioned we might need to leave on wto terms, common sense would also dictate that. It really is simple

And he only wasted £9.3 million on it, straight in to the recycling bin!

41 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Did your tick box say leave with a deal??? Mine didn't 😁

...nor mine or anyone else`s! It was voted on to leave and by the due process we should now have left !!! Moving goalposts seems to be the traitors game now.

2 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Did your tick box say leave with a deal??? Mine didn't 😁

Nope just 'leave the EU' and when we do that, the ref will be fulfilled. Leaving the rest of the EU stuff is icing for some brexiteers but I expect my MP to do it in a way that is good for the UK and demonstrate why this is the case. Fluffy stuff about easy trade deals and it's in their interest to do these things does not wash. The likes of JRM that want to subjugate the poor, David Davis that is too thick to understand anything and their ilk should explain their logic if they think differently. They have not and are unable to set out their stall. I also expect my MP to stand up for all parts of the Union. 

If we leave without a deal we will be going back cap in hand to get one. We will then sign up for the things that we are, at the moment, prepared to give away. It is nonsense.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

If we leave without a deal we will be going back cap in hand to get one. We will then sign up for the things that we are, at the moment, prepared to give away. It is nonsense.

Don't introduce the real world. It's considered impolite.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

I expect my MP to do it in a way that is good for the UK and demonstrate why this is the case. 

Threin lies the rub! I wouldn't trust any of em to deliver for the country, as their own self interest or where convenient, that of their political party always comes first!

1 hour ago, Grandalf said:

Do you remember the days when leave meant leave?   Wonder what it means now.

I will remember what leave means when the next election cards drop through my letterbox & straight into the recycling bin & I voted remain.

Edited by blackbird

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Threin lies the rub! I wouldn't trust any of em to deliver for the country, as their own self interest or where convenient, that of their political party always comes first!

Panoma. I agree with you :good: certainly in regards to party. I think if we had PR there would be far less party and far more working together for the country.