Brexit - merged threads

scouser

13 hours ago, oowee said:

that is exactly the point I am making 👍. None of it was on the ballot paper. 

Of course it wasnt on the ballot paper but neither were your examples from the Guardian.

You dont put the party manifesto on the ballot paper at a general election, or tell the electorate theres going to be a recession..maybe..

The referendum was a broad yes or no, with threats/promises from government and campaigns about what COULD happen !
You dont seriously think that we believed it would lead to WW3 or an instant recession do you ?
You dont really think most people thought it would be easy breaking free, or that we would spend the entire gross EU contribution on the NHS ?

We knew it would be difficult, because the EU is difficult, THATS why we knew it was right to get out.
Youre still hanging on to that thought that no one knew what they were doing by voting leave, but everyone who voted to stay did.

Its time to wise up and realise that if Brexit doesnt happen, then a far worse calamity awaits, and no, I dont mean a Corbyn government !

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cameron was constantly telling us he was going to negotiate a "better deal" for us with the EU. Many visits to beg for scraps yielded nothing but him coming home with his tail between his legs. The EU don't do negotiating. Perhaps if they did, we wouldn't be where we are now.

As for what we voted for, there were only 2 options. Saying we didn't vote to leave with no deal is like saying we didn't vote to leave with a deal, or only on a Thursday. There were no conditions on the ballot paper. It wasn't a vote for what we didn't want. It was a vote for what we DID want we DID want to leave the overbearing, overpowering, stifling, too-big-for-its-boots EU. 

EU-referendum-ballot-paper-638210.jpg.20a6d69a5c5e8fca43b07ed49964904e.jpg

16 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

OUT or IN, STAY or GO, really very simple to grasp, even for those of us in the stupid, uneducated, can't possibly know what we were doing class!

..you missed out "too old to vote cos it won't affect your future" (according to some)?

4 minutes ago, Eyefor said:

..you missed out "too old to vote cos it won't affect your future" (according to some)?

The ultimate disrespect toward the very people that bought them into the world , fed and clothed them, wiped their back ends and gave them that  high brow mentality they covet so much.

'Ill live longer than you, so my votes worth more than yours grandad '

Not if you keep talking like that sonny. 😃

55 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The ultimate disrespect toward the very people that bought them into the world , fed and clothed them, wiped their back ends and gave them that  high brow mentality they covet so much.

'Ill live longer than you, so my votes worth more than yours grandad '

Not if you keep talking like that sonny. 😃

Don't forget some who actually fought to give them their freedom and supposed democracy in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Of course it wasnt on the ballot paper but neither were your examples from the Guardian.

You dont put the party manifesto on the ballot paper at a general election, or tell the electorate theres going to be a recession..maybe..

The referendum was a broad yes or no, with threats/promises from government and campaigns about what COULD happen !
You dont seriously think that we believed it would lead to WW3 or an instant recession do you ?
You dont really think most people thought it would be easy breaking free, or that we would spend the entire gross EU contribution on the NHS ?

We knew it would be difficult, because the EU is difficult, THATS why we knew it was right to get out.
Youre still hanging on to that thought that no one knew what they were doing by voting leave, but everyone who voted to stay did.

pretty much what i said. 

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

pretty much what i said. 

You said , we didnt vote to leave the customs union or single market, did you not ?

If we dont leave those 2 things, we dont leave, because everything else comes with them.

Now you could say the people who voted leave didnt understand that if you like...

'David Cameron confirmed Sunday that he will pull Britain out of the single market if there is a vote to leave the European Union at the upcoming referendum. ... MPs could claim they were accepting voters' wishes to withdraw from the EU while protecting them from the economic consequences of leaving the trading area'.13 Jun 2016

Maybe they couldnt read either ?

https://www.politico.eu/article/david-cameron-bbc-andrew-marr-ill-pull-uk-out-of-the-single-market-after-brexit-eu-referendum-vote-june-23-consequences-news/

Or listen ?
Too thick to comprehend the magnitude of what they were doing perhaps ?

You underestimated the mood of the people in the referendum, MPs are underestimating the anger now.

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You said , we didnt vote to leave the customs union or single market, did you not ?

If we dont leave those 2 things, we dont leave, because everything else comes with them.

Now you could say the people who voted leave didnt understand that if you like...

'David Cameron confirmed Sunday that he will pull Britain out of the single market if there is a vote to leave the European Union at the upcoming referendum. ... MPs could claim they were accepting voters' wishes to withdraw from the EU while protecting them from the economic consequences of leaving the trading area'.13 Jun 2016

Maybe they couldnt read either ?

https://www.politico.eu/article/david-cameron-bbc-andrew-marr-ill-pull-uk-out-of-the-single-market-after-brexit-eu-referendum-vote-june-23-consequences-news/

Or listen ?
Too thick to comprehend the magnitude of what they were doing perhaps ?

You underestimated the mood of the people in the referendum, MPs are underestimating the anger now.

Wasn't on the ballot. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Wasn't on the ballot. 

Seriously? 

To put everything on the ballot paper that would be entailed in extracting us from the EU, itd be a legal paper hundreds of thousands of pages long and we'd never get around to casting our votes as we'd still be reading the paperwork. The suggestion is ridiculous in the extreme! 

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Alis volat propriis is a Latin phrase used as the motto of U.S. state of Oregon. The official English version of the motto is "She flies with her own wings"

Are we out yet?

Tonight hopefully we get support for an alternative proposal. Small steps. 

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Tonight hopefully we get support for an alternative proposal. Small steps. 

Alternative?? In or out, we voted out.

I'm not expecting anything from parliament, they couldn't agree on whether it was dark out or not at midnight.

16 minutes ago, Snoozer said:

The way this lots going it might still be a winner :whistling:

Most certainly, I’m thinking of the odds I could have got back then. I would think remaining is now an odds on favourite at Ladbrokes. 

Have just checked; they're not as great as I thought they would be!

Edited by Scully