Brexit - merged threads

scouser

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Not a GE we want a new ref now. Something that sets the issue on the table properly and unambiguously. In or out and if you want out may or no deal. Simples. 

No point in another ref, politrickians don't enact what what a majoity of referendum plebs choose - only what the HOC voters choose.

That MP who called a cop a pleb for requiring him to get off his bike to walk through the gates to Downing Street let us ordinary folk know what we are to them.

Edited by Dave-G
Dyslexic correction

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oowee said:

I don't know why you are struggling to be honest. They are all leaving the EU. You may have miss understood the term 'leave the EU' and presumed it meant leave everything to do with Europe 😂 rather than the political entity.

I haven’t misunderstood anything; you simply post methods of typical remainer tactics of muddying the waters and blurring the edges, in fact anything to delay us leaving in an attempt to overturn the outcome of the vote! It’s pathetically hilarious! 

To leave the EU is to leave the administration and  beaureaocracy  of that project and everything to do with it. We can then negotiate new trade deals with anyone who wants to, including the rest of the EU. 

If we leave ‘just a little bit’ then it becomes easier for that creeping insidious undemocratic beast to claw back bit by bit what it has lost, whuchbis why remainers are mooting the leave ‘ by a little bit’ method. And all because they can see no further than their personal bank balances. It would be hilarious if it weren’t so blinkered. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Not a GE we want a new ref now. Something that sets the issue on the table properly and unambiguously. In or out and if you want out may or no deal. Simples. 

So who is this person/s that are going to set the issues on the table ?  name me one that doesnt have their own agenda or bias ,  or will we all agree the issues before hand  [shouldn't take long]  I find it absolutely mind blowing that  people think they can re-vote a result they dont like.................... democracy has died...:unhappy:

As a dumb, thick, old pleb, it seems to me that this board is like the country and house of commons in general. 

No-one is going to change their minds( argue/ discuss) as much as you like. Your views are your views and you know better than everyone else, we're going round in circles and getting nowhere. Sound familiar? watch tv, PW topic with pictures.

Oh and I knew what I was voting for, I voted leave.

Edited by tonker

1 minute ago, oowee said:

The Conservative Party manifesto for the 2015 general election did say “We are clear about what we want from Europe. We say: yes to the Single Market.”

Thats just so 2015 though, people have the right to change their mind 😂

4 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Notts and Peterborough- TC and Rewulf, you’ve not been naughty boys have you 🙂

First Ive heard of that, and my garage is literally about 500 yards away from where the ...'

One of the pro-Brexit sabotage devices was planted alongside a note threatening to 'bring this country to its knees' if the UK doesn't leave the EU.  The other had a note strapped to it, stating: 'Leave means leave'. 

I know noooothing ...:whistling:

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Thats just so 2015 though, people have the right to change their mind 😂

First Ive heard of that, and my garage is literally about 500 yards away from where the ...'

One of the pro-Brexit sabotage devices was planted alongside a note threatening to 'bring this country to its knees' if the UK doesn't leave the EU.  The other had a note strapped to it, stating: 'Leave means leave'. 

I know noooothing ...:whistling:

Guilty your Honour 🙂

Method ( technical background ) , Motive ( Brexiteer), opportunity ( business nearby)

Handcuff that man ......

Edited by Jaymo

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Pretty sure we decided that nearly 3 years ago but Remoaners will persist in pretending we didn't...........

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Not me, they appear to be electronic rather than explosive!:whistling:

Little acorns and all that.....

Just now, Rewulf said:

We. Are .The Resistance 😾

Do you have a copy of the “fallen Madonna with the big boobies” ?

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once!

michelle dubois.jpg

So far in recent weeks you have offered me “your rocket” and now your enticing me with “your little tankie” ( oh, that was lieutenant Gruber) 

5 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

How very selfish of her, just because she is comfortable financially, she feels fit to ruin our chances at making this country better for us all.

Don't prod him, it'll be another two pages of i didn't say this or that followed by more talk of the ages of voters.

8 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Part of the problem we have now is that despite a plethora of data being available the prevalence of fake news and skewed / slanted figures make it legitimate to refute anything and everything. It's sad given the fact that the information age should be a mechanism to to unite us all in our thinking through availability of data but it is instead being used as a wedge to divide us.

Going back top the original point, if the notion that older people tended more towards leave than the young is rejected off hand then there is nothing to discuss but it was pretty evident from the coverage on Friday that the majority of people shown protesting for Brexit were at or around retirement age. If that is indicative then I think the point that people who have secured their futures through pensions have less to lose than those just starting out or mid career.

What a load of bloody tripe! I am of the older generation and I voted leave with the view that  this (at the moment) sceptered isle would be a better place for my children and grand
children ( and everyone elses). Please do not assume that 'older people' are all on fat indexed linked pensions.