Brexit - merged threads

scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mate was on the phone this morning; reckons he’s going to vote Labour and persuade his missus and who ever else will listen to do the same! His reasoning is to pee off all those who have tried to thwart the referendum result, saying the ensuing mess will be nothing compared to leaving the EU. 😀

He may have a point.

He’ll do it too. 

39 minutes ago, walshie said:

Theresa May held the poison chalice as soon as she was made PM. An unenviable job I admit, but she's had plenty of chances to step down when she knew she wasn't up to the task. it's only her own arrogance and belief she's right and everyone else is wrong that has kept her where she is. (Along with her husband's EU interests obvs).

Nothing would please me more than a no deal Brexit, but second on the list would be to see that witch ousted. I hope there's plenty of footage of the tears of outrage when she finally realises she's nothing but a puppet for the EU and everyone bar her can see though it. Fingers crossed it won't be long. Anyone could make a better fist of this dog's breakfast than that stupid woman. 

Totally agree!

43 minutes ago, walshie said:

Theresa May held the poison chalice as soon as she was made PM. An unenviable job I admit, but she's had plenty of chances to step down when she knew she wasn't up to the task. it's only her own arrogance and belief she's right and everyone else is wrong that has kept her where she is. (Along with her husband's EU interests obvs).

Nothing would please me more than a no deal Brexit, but second on the list would be to see that witch ousted. I hope there's plenty of footage of the tears of outrage when she finally realises she's nothing but a puppet for the EU and everyone bar her can see though it. Fingers crossed it won't be long. Anyone could make a better fist of this dog's breakfast than that stupid woman. 

A man (woman) (my brackets) will fight harder for his interests than for his rights yours.

Napoleon Bonaparte - misquote.

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

Mate was on the phone this morning; reckons he’s going to vote Labour and persuade his missus and who ever else will listen to do the same! His reasoning is to pee off all those who have tried to thwart the referendum result, saying the ensuing mess will be nothing compared to leaving the EU. 😀

He may have a point.

He’ll do it too. 

I agree with the theory, but any vote for Labour is a bad vote. Just my opinion as always.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

He may have a point.

He’ll do it too. 

But they're just as bad at back pedalling.

Reading this I am thinking what do voters expect when they vote for chaos? 

Protest vote how you going to do that? Not vote? 

JRM loss of respect :lol: get real. The guy never had any when he said to the local farmers we will bring in Argentinian beef it's cheaper. 

The Tories designed created and delivered this mess. The blame lies completely at their door. Now the same party has Corbyn at the table 😂. Its too bad for words.

This is the party that brought us the poll tax :lol: The people have been played like a fish and swallowed the bait hook line and sinker.  Is Corbyn the cavalry :lol:

16 minutes ago, oowee said:

JRM loss of respect  get real. The guy never had any when he said to the local farmers we will bring in Argentinian beef it's cheaper. 

The Tories designed created and delivered this mess. The blame lies completely at their door. Now the same party has Corbyn at the table 😂. Its too bad for words.

This is the party that brought us the poll tax  The people have been played like a fish and swallowed the bait hook line and sinker.  Is Corbyn the cavalry 

Other than your first line (I don't think anyone voted for chaos), I agree. The sad part is, who is going to replace the Torys? I have a nasty feeling we could see a real swing to the right in politics over the next decade. 

24 minutes ago, oowee said:

JRM loss of respect  get real. The guy never had any when he said to the local farmers we will bring in Argentinian beef it's cheaper. 

This is the party that brought us the poll tax  The people have been played like a fish and swallowed the bait hook line and sinker.  Is Corbyn the cavalry 

Well if he is I expect him to on his own, unarmed and riding this!

Horace.jpg

The up and coming EU president Blair must be laughing his socks off! 😀

It’s been an interesting thread, but think I’m at the point now where I’ll bow out before I post something which gets me banned. 🙂

Edited by Scully

50 minutes ago, oowee said:

No one votes for chaos, what you call chaos, we call change, its progressive , get on board, the louder you scream.....🤣

I would urge everyone to vote, and vote for a party that supports Brexit, thats the only way they will listen.

He never said that, he said 'Brexit COULD give us the OPPORTUNITY to bring in beef from Argentina , the US and Australia, IF it ever happens, dont buy it, just like you dont buy NZ lamb,or the Argentine beef thats already sold here, tariff quotas exist in WTO too you know .

This 'mess' was run through Parliament, and labour voted it through, why didnt they do a 'protest vote' ?
Because they were more concerned with saving their own skins and salaries than sticking to their remain principles.
They are as bad, if not worse hypocrites than the tories.

Really ? 30 years ago under Maggie, why not mention right to buy, or the miners strike , or the Falklands, I suppose nothing bad ever happens under a labour government eh ?

If Corbyns the cavalry, you know the games up.
Please assemble with General May at the Little Big Ben.

No survivors Sir...

Final word ( promise 😀 ) as something has just occurred to me! 

Ironically ( and I’m feeling quite chuffed and vindicated about it if I’m honest! ) this entire travesty and its result has proved to be true, what my only reasons ( as stated often in this thread ) were for voting to leave.....namely that I believe the EU to be undemocratic and inherently corrupt! Sorted. 👍

Bye. Play nice. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

Final word ( promise 😀 ) as something has just occurred to me! 

Ironically ( and I’m feeling quite chuffed and vindicated about it if I’m honest! ) this entire travesty and its result has proved to be true, what my only reasons ( as stated often in this thread ) were for voting to leave.....namely that I believe the EU to be undemocratic and inherently corrupt! Sorted. 👍

Bye. Play nice. 🙂

That has only just occurred to you🤔🤔come on really, your joking right??

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I have a nasty feeling we could see a real swing to the right in politics over the next decade. 

Why is it a nasty feeling? A lot of places are swinging to the right purely because of having the leftist ideology rammed down our throats for so long. I for one am fed up with it and fed up with being made to feel like some sort of racist thug for not embracing leftism. 

Anyone slightly right of Corbyn would be classed as "far-right" or "alt-right" these days. The conservatives are no longer right of centre, just not quite as left as Labour. 

14 minutes ago, walshie said:

Why is it a nasty feeling? A lot of places are swinging to the right purely because of having the leftist ideology rammed down our throats for so long. I for one am fed up with it and fed up with being made to feel like some sort of racist thug for not embracing leftism. 

Anyone slightly right of Corbyn would be classed as "far-right" or "alt-right" these days. The conservatives are no longer right of centre, just not quite as left as Labour. 

Fully and totally agree even the old style liberal party of the 60s and 70s would be classified as far right under today's snowflake terms.

3 hours ago, Scully said:

He may have a point.

He’ll do it too. 

I listen to the radio all day. I have heard several, livid, working class callers making exactly this point. One even went as far as to say 'if the privileged and elites of this country deny me my vote, I'll vote for Labour and Corbyn to destroy any wealth they own'. Be afraid of those that have nothing to lose.

27 minutes ago, walshie said:

Spot on.

But you realise the irony ?
Its the leftist policies and loony toons PC attitude that has pushed people to the right, and the more it pushes, the further right we go, its a natural reaction to being bullied into something we dont want, and its happening all over Europe and the US , even ultra liberal Canada is pushing back against it, ordinary people are sick of it.

Bar the referendum, Ive never voted, but I am now, paid my money and joined the Brexit party last week, and Im going to support it fully until the EU threat has passed.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Spot on.

But you realise the irony ?
Its the leftist policies and loony toons PC attitude that has pushed people to the right, and the more it pushes, the further right we go, its a natural reaction to being bullied into something we dont want, and its happening all over Europe and the US , even ultra liberal Canada is pushing back against it, ordinary people are sick of it.

Bar the referendum, Ive never voted, but I am now, paid my money and joined the Brexit party last week, and Im going to support it fully until the EU threat has passed.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. :good:

1 hour ago, walshie said:

I completely agree walshie and you are of course correct, I should have stated Far right, I think a swing right from where we are as a country at the moment would be an excellent thing to happen. 

25 minutes ago, oowee said:

You boys have lost me. Specifically what leftist policies and looney toons PC attitude are we on about. 

For a start, holding votes and referendums but only actioning them if they agree with the result, if they don't, they blame it on populism, brand anyone who voted the "wrong" way racist and xenophobic and frustrate, delay and hold more votes until they get the "right" answer. 

46 minutes ago, oowee said:

You boys have lost me. Specifically what leftist policies and looney toons PC attitude are we on about. 

Cant even say it on a public forum, might get arrested for a hate crime.
Something like those type of PC attitudes 🙈🙊