• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Look at it this way.
The Chequers/May WA , or Mays deal for short, who wrote it ?
When it was unveiled that weekend at Chequers, its fairly obvious that it wasnt put together with input from the cabinet, as half of then resigned shortly afterwards.
Its also fair to say Davis didnt have a hand in it either, as he couldnt work with it.
We could blame it all on the civil servants like Robbins , but who instructed them to put it together ?

I suspect, and the circumstantial evidence supports it, that the UK didnt have anything to do with its construction.
It was something the EU put on the table, from the start as the ONLY deal that they would accept, I suspect that the 'divorce ' bill was much higher to start with, and thats the only thing that actually got negotiated.
Parliament doesnt want it , the people dont want it, the only people who want it , are Mays inner circle , and the EU.

Why has no one except groups like the ERG , bothered to explore other deal types, why didnt we simply put OUR deal on the table , without divorce payment and Irish backstops ect, and say to Brussels, take it or leave it , if you dont like it , we go WTO?
But instead we have accepted every insult , every demand the EU have put forward, the advantage has always been theirs, because we gave it too them, WHY ?

So what shall we call it if this is the case, deception, 'being sold down the river' by our own government ?
Treason ?

Maybe in 30 or 40 years time , the official secrets act will be lifted and the truth will out.
If we are still in the EUSSR then, it wont, and probably no one will care, or be allowed to ask.

Agreed. I am sure the plan was written by the EU albeit unintentionally as they have a plan and we had nothing. Result is their plan. ERG are an irelavance at the edge of parliament, stirring their pot of spells that have no traction here or in the EU. 

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

OMG ! Im surprised your door is still on its hinges.

Merely being in possession of such images is probably a hate crime !

P.S Is it real ? 😲

And I found it on a works computer!

Someone will accuse me of not taking Brexit seriously next!

3 hours ago, oowee said:

For May it was never an option to go in with a structure based on reality as she had the ERG to contend with.

They must have some influence then ?

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

ERG are an irelavance at the edge of parliament, stirring their pot of spells that have no traction here or in the EU. 

'ERG are an irelavance at the edge of parliament'

Really ?

Recent members

Membership of the ERG is notoriously secretive and an 'official list of members' has not been published,[25][26] but below includes a possible list of some of the members of parliament who are subscribed to the ERG, as all members allocate a portion of their office costs to this membership. The possible list of members and recent former members, calculated in this basis, is: Subscribers to the pooled service provided by the European Research Group can be identified on the IPSA records of Parliamentary expenses. As an unincorporated association the group does not publish membership details or annual accounts. Various media reports speculate that a wider membership exists.[27][28]

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

'ERG are an irelavance at the edge of parliament'

Really ?

Recent members

Membership of the ERG is notoriously secretive and an 'official list of members' has not been published,[25][26] but below includes a possible list of some of the members of parliament who are subscribed to the ERG, as all members allocate a portion of their office costs to this membership. The possible list of members and recent former members, calculated in this basis, is: Subscribers to the pooled service provided by the European Research Group can be identified on the IPSA records of Parliamentary expenses. As an unincorporated association the group does not publish membership details or annual accounts. Various media reports speculate that a wider membership exists.[27][28]

And? They have played their hand and so far lost. They only have one card left and they don't own it.  80 wont make party policy. They could join Nigel of course. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

They could join Nigel of course. 

And ? They might.

They could field their own party, take UKIPs and the Brexit partys  4 million + voters on board , and a sizeable chunk of the cross party  leave crowd.
But that will never happen will it ?

Ill tell you now , if Brexit isnt delivered ..properly... get ready for some big changes, I **** you not :yes:

the house of commons has been suspended due to a water leak..................

nothing new for them lot to be involved in water sports........

either that or someone from the public gallery has shouted "peace on you"............and diane abott shouted back "not from up there you wont"...and with that the rest of them scarpered............but i belive nigel evans stayed as he was enjoying himself

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

the house of commons has been suspended due to a water leak..................

nothing new for them lot to be involved in water sports........

either that or someone from the public gallery has shouted "peace on you"............and diane abott shouted back "not from up there you wont"...and with that the rest of them scarpered............but i belive nigel evans stayed as he was enjoying himself

Someone left the tap running upstairs in one of the restaurants!

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

And ? They might.

They could field their own party, take UKIPs and the Brexit partys  4 million + voters on board , and a sizeable chunk of the cross party  leave crowd.
But that will never happen will it ?

Ill tell you now , if Brexit isnt delivered ..properly... get ready for some big changes, I **** you not :yes:

Aren’t there even factions within the ERG, I thought the hardcore lot call themselves the Spartans?

54 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Aren’t there even factions within the ERG, I thought the hardcore lot call themselves the Spartans?

Hardcore being wanting to respect the result of the biggest vote in our history you utter door handle.

22 hours ago, walshie said:

You're right. There is no excuse for extremists on either end of the spectrum. The issue is labelling everyone right of centre as "far right" or "alt-right" (whatever that means.) Calling anyone with conservative (small c) views, fascists, racists, nazis, bigots, etc, in my mind makes the labels meaningless. Perhaps if they weren't bandied about at every opportunity, they might be taken more seriously. You can't lump people like me in with the likes of the EDL, BNP etc. Well you can, but you'd be wrong. I dislike them every bit as much as I dislike the opposite end.

This country and quite a few others, is being pushed to the right as a backlash of the insidious advance of the left and being expected to take the left view as "normal" and everything else as something-ist. The government has made it impossible for people to air their worries or opinions for fear of being something-ist, and because we don't, they think "Well no-one is complaining, so everything is hunky-dory." Well newsflash - it isn't and now a few people are waking up to it.

I despise the EU and all it stands for. I hate my country being inundated with the dregs of the earth. I hate not being able to speak freely. I will not call a man in a frock "she" just because they want me to and I won't be told I have to. For this, I risk being arrested? That's mental. I don't care what people do with their own lives, but when their "rights" risk sending me to jail, something is very wrong. If I spoke out about any religion, I'd risk the same, but other religions can call for our soldiers to be murdered and nothing is done? Why could Jon Snow say he never saw so many white people but I couldn't say I never saw so many black people without being accused of racism? The police spend all their time trying to catch people "misgendering" or writing offensive tweets they have no time to deal with the real crime like people being stabbed daily in London.

As a white, British, heterosexual, fairly fit, working male, my rights have been flushed down the bog and I want them back. I am not a second class citizen in my own country. I'm not a racist, sexist, activist, fascist, transphobic, homophobic, anything else ist or phobic and above all, I'm not an uneducated thug, and I will push back against anyone who suggests I am.

Sorry for the rant mate. :good:

Don't apologise Walshie, I'm with you 150%👍👍👍

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

OMG ! Im surprised your door is still on its hinges.

Merely being in possession of such images is probably a hate crime !

P.S Is it real ? 😲

Old enough to remember the 'Black and White Minstrels' on Saturday night  TV. Nobody gave a toss in those days.

Edited by das

49 minutes ago, JRDS said:

Hardcore being wanting to respect the result of the biggest vote in our history you utter door handle.

Charming (and completely unnecessary) - if you were to look into it I think you'd find they refer to themselves as hardcore - smh...

2 hours ago, das said:

Old enough to remember the 'Black and White Minstrels' on Saturday night  TV. Nobody gave a toss in those days.

i used to get worked up when "the swingleton singers" used to come on after the minstrels went for a fag break...........

43 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

BBC QUESTION TIME there's a bloke on there tearing into the been presenter about he's the only one out of 6 that is a brexiteer.  Not watching it live bit it's certainly entertaining.

He is right, the row of eejits since the result in 2016 is 70/30% remain. I get fed up watching QT because they bamg on about carp, also tonight the journalist/activist just does my head in every time she opens her mouth. 

47 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

BBC QUESTION TIME there's a bloke on there tearing into the been presenter about he's the only one out of 6 that is a brexiteer.  Not watching it live bit it's certainly entertaining.

had a quick look, how does the labour MP, big fella, really think ordinary people are going to loose money and jobs? While all those from Cambridge and Eton will be ok? What a muppet, such a chip on his shoulder about class and i was dragged up proper 😋 

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

had a quick look, how does the labour MP, big fella, really think ordinary people are going to loose money and jobs? While all those from Cambridge and Eton will be ok? What a muppet, such a chip on his shoulder about class and i was dragged up proper 😋 

He is a grade A ************