scouser

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I've maintained since the 26th June 2016 that I do not believe we are actually going to leave the EU. And I've recently highlighted here it was the prospect of no deal which prevented me from voting leave three days earlier. The only thing going for no deal in my opinion is that it's a better option than the TM deal.

Why do you think wto, managing borders etc is such a bad thing? Just look at Italy Spain , Greece financially and surely that shows you the system is broken. 

We blame our govt but alot of the blame lies in Brussels for this mess. 

9 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The law isn't to remove no deal completely, its to force may to request an extension, which she's already done, so we don't leave Automatically on the 12th, the EU obviously have to agree, which of course they will. 

Nothing has changed really, it's just another psychological attack on the plebs to make us think staying isn't so bad. 

Disgusting behaviour from both houses. 

Cheers.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

From what I can see, everything he said in that statement was a fact. 

As for Mays supposed deal, I'd have genuinely rather stay in the EU than accept that. 

I mean about May signing a full blown (my words) treaty instead of a request to discuss? I can't find that seriously important detail anywhere else.

15 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I mean about May signing a full blown (my words) treaty instead of a request to discuss? I can't find that seriously important detail anywhere else.

Any treaty or deal , has to pass parliament, this is enshrined in law , thanks to Gina Miller.

23 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Any treaty or deal , has to pass parliament, this is enshrined in law , thanks to Gina Miller.

To be fair to Gina Miller, who I regard as a highly undesirable interfering busy body, her 'challenge' didn't change the law ......... it only highlighted how the 'Government' were ignoring the law - either through ignorance/incompetence or deliberately planned.  I am inclined to believe the former, because they are good at "incompetence' and bad at achieving their deliberate plans.

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/236800

One oowee and I can both sign :lol:

:good:Kick out Moggy. Not going to happen here. I was next to his place this morning, everyone loves him 😞. Lib Dems are my only hope 🙂 Just waiting for my postal vote for the locals. 

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

To be fair to Gina Miller, who I regard as a highly undesirable interfering busy body, her 'challenge' didn't change the law ......... it only highlighted how the 'Government' were ignoring the law - either through ignorance/incompetence or deliberately planned.  I am inclined to believe the former, because they are good at "incompetence' and bad at achieving their deliberate plans.

I think your right. 

It's miserable weather here so can't get out and I have to spend some time on the pension planning so my day is carp all round. Not much happening full stop hoping for a weather window towards 1900 and I can try for some deer. 

Brexit delay bill receives royal assent and is signed into law after it is raced through Parliament.

Yvette Cooper's backbench Bill aimed at forcing Theresa May to request a Brexit extension rather than leave the EU with no deal has been signed into law.

The cross-party European Union (Withdrawal) (No 5) Bill received royal assent after it was backed by MPs and peers on Monday night.

It places a legal requirement on the Prime Minister to seek an extension to Article 50 in a bid to prevent a no-deal exit from the EU.

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Agreed, however, her case was almost certainly funded by open society org, and her husbands business benefited from soros investments subsequently.

She then founded , and subsequently left 'Best for Britain' another, (alongside 'Peoples vote' ) soros funded anti Brexit campaign.

Thats why I think its funny when remainers bleat about foreign interference.

1 minute ago, Dekers said:

It places a legal requirement on the Prime Minister to seek an extension to Article 50 in a bid to prevent a no-deal exit from the EU.

This applies to the 12 April date only.

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

Kick out Moggy. Not going to happen here. I was next to his place this morning, everyone loves him

Why do you think that is ? :lol:

Hmm, so all the other bits of us being gradually surrendered to Germany EU under the lie that we were just joining a common market also had to get through Parliament? What I'm getting at is, was the deception all MP's in Parliament knowing what was happening - not just the mongrel that signed?

There simply HAS to be a hidden (official secret?) reason why so many MP's are blatently giving us up.

Let me get the next bit of possible skulduggery out thats come to mind: I read something about Winston Churchill saying never again, and that a single Europe would be a good plan.

: Could it be that Germany surrendered WW2 after being promised we would slyly acquiesce to Europe over the next few decades

Edited by Dave-G

1 minute ago, Dave-G said:

Hmm, so all the other bits of us being gradually surrendered to Germany EU under the lie that we were just joining a common market also had to get through Parliament? What I'm getting at is, was the deception all MP's in Parliament knowing what was happening - not just the mongrel that signed?

There simply HAS to be a hidden (official secret?) reason why so many MP's are blatently giving us up.

Let me get the next bit of possible skulduggery out thats come to mind: I read something about Winston Churchill saying never again: Could it be that Germany surrendered WW2 after being promised we would slyly acquiesce to Europe over the next few decades

I don't think you can really consider that as a genuine possibility, they were well and truly beaten, the country was on its knees.

9 minutes ago, Dekers said:

?????????

So she extends 12 April as long as she can! June is suggested but it could easily be a year!

Pretty much , yes 

9 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Thats the £39 billion question ?

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I don't think you can really consider that as a genuine possibility, they were well and truly beaten, the country was on its knees.

Agreed, they were finished, any surrendering done was so the Soviets didnt encroach further than they did.

5 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Why do you think wto, managing borders etc is such a bad thing? Just look at Italy Spain , Greece financially and surely that shows you the system is broken. 

We blame our govt but alot of the blame lies in Brussels for this mess. 

No issue with managing borders my concerns are around WTO Brexit purely. What is the point of leaving a union to negotiate new trade deals if we trash the industries which create the produce we would be creating the deals for in the first place. There is noise and exaggerations around the impact of Brexit but there are very real issues with the supply chain for manufacturers working on a lean manufacturing basis (which is pretty much all of them these days) as well as uncertainty over Brexit. The uncertainty over Brexit and WTO in particular is impacting investment from established companies and impacting PE and VC funding for new innovations too, we might not be feeling the impact yet as there is an inertia effect but we will do.

There is also an impending critical skills shortage as high tech industry relies heavily on resources from Europe - even if we say we'll keep the borders open to these people they have interpreted Brexit to mean they are not really welcome here. The UK is no longer an attractive proposition for EU nationals with in demand skills and we're not doing enough to grow the relevant skills and capability at home. In one of our offices in the Midlands in 2016 we had about 30 people working onsite and another 20 offsite at a key customers site - we now have two people in the onsite office and one offsite - one of the onsite engineers has requested to transfer to our German HQ. This is not all due to Brexit but it has been a significant contributing factor.

48 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Why do you think that is ? :lol:

Tory sycophants living the tory country dream. Little do they know, but their sleepy valley (nicknamed the valley of death by ambulance crews as it's beyond help) is breeding an undercurrent of anti moggyness. 

11 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

There is also an impending critical skills shortage as high tech industry relies heavily on resources from Europe - even if we say we'll keep the borders open to these people they have interpreted Brexit to mean they are not really welcome here. The UK is no longer an attractive proposition for EU nationals with in demand skills and we're not doing enough to grow the relevant skills and capability at home. In one of our offices in the Midlands in 2016 we had about 30 people working onsite and another 20 offsite at a key customers site - we now have two people in the onsite office and one offsite - one of the onsite engineers has requested to transfer to our German HQ. This is not all due to Brexit but it has been a significant contributing factor.

Not just high tech but all high skill industries most of which rely upon seamless skill transfer across borders with schooling and health care. Spain is now offering tax incentives for returning high skilled workers. A lack of border porosity is a huge issue for the UK. 

46 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Agreed but the Party wasn't quite on its knees. The evidence is now clear that by the end of the war the Nazis had spirited billions away to Argentina, even at the expense of its own war effort towards the end. The party is still very much alive today in South America and can wield covert influence in Germany.

29 minutes ago, oowee said:

Not just high tech but all high skill industries most of which rely upon seamless skill transfer across borders with schooling and health care. Spain is now offering tax incentives for returning high skilled workers. A lack of border porosity is a huge issue for the UK. 

Agreed, we had two Spaniards leave, one went home another elsewhere.