Brexit - merged threads

scouser

16 minutes ago, ditchman said:

saw a brief "on the hoof" chat with Meechelle Barnyard......said he was ever so sorry about mrs may............................

he seemed a bit rattled....not his usual arrogant self....bloody slimy tove that he is......

he proberly knows what is coming his way.............a good brexiteer who is going to  get Barnier's dream of Euorope   ...screw it up into a ball and shove it up his santimoanious froggy bottom.........

Nice one! Very descriptive!

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, pinfireman said:

Nice one! Very descriptive!

Pathetic xenophobes! doubt the Europeans are quaking in their boots. If Boris does manage to get through the leadership contest without screwing it up the numbers at Westminster are against a "Hard Brexit" there will be a general election. Nigel and the blue rinse brigade won't get more than 10 seats as there aren't  enough stupid people concentrated in enough seats  for him to have much of an impact,  Nige will do very well in the euro elections as a form of PR is used . My money is on a Labour, SNP, Lib Dem coalition with a Norway style soft Brexit, or no Brexit at all. 

17 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

Pathetic xenophobes! doubt the Europeans are quaking in their boots. If Boris does manage to get through the leadership contest without screwing it up the numbers at Westminster are against a "Hard Brexit" there will be a general election. Nigel and the blue rinse brigade won't get more than 10 seats as there aren't  enough stupid people concentrated in enough seats  for him to have much of an impact,  Nige will do very well in the euro elections as a form of PR is used . My money is on a Labour, SNP, Lib Dem coalition with a Norway style soft Brexit, or no Brexit at all. 

Come now Mr tommo, time for your medication , and get you back to your room, there there now 😂

19 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Come now Mr tommo, time for your medication , and get you back to your room, there there now 😂

:lol::good:

+ how typical of a remainer to result to personal insults and especially the hairy old chestnut "xenophobe".  What's pathetic Mr Tandy-tomato man or whoever you are is your demeaning language...the last resort of those with insufficient intellect to actually put forward a constructive debate.  Nope...much easier to hurl personal insults and prove that you're the grown up with the right answer.  That's about as xenephobic as it gets by the way, denying others an opinion just because you don't happen to agree with it.  Your predictions will also come back and probably give you a right kick up the backside...brave thing to call it as it clearly isn't.  Farage has most of the support in the polls and will most likely will place far better in a general election than you think....it's just you're actually scared of that outcome.  BTW...my nephew isn't blue rinse yet he and most of his mates back Farage.  So much for stereotyping eh?

Edited by Savhmr

If Boris does manage to get through the leadership contest without screwing it up the numbers at Westminster are against a "Hard Brexit" there will be a general election.

A quantum leap in judgement and inaccurate to boot.

25 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

16 minutes ago, Savhmr said:

+ how typical of a remainer to result to personal insults and especially the hairy old chestnut "xenophobe".  What's pathetic Mr Tandy-tomato man or whoever you are is your demeaning language...the last resort of those with insufficient intellect to actually put forward a constructive debate.  Nope...much easier to hurl personal insults and prove that you're the grown up with the right answer.  That's about as xenephobic as it gets by the way, denying others an opinion just because you don't happen to agree with it.  Your predictions will also come back and probably give you a right kick up the backside...brave thing to call it as it clearly isn't.  Farage has most of the support in the polls and will most likely will place far better in a general election than you think....it's just you're actually scared of that outcome.  BTW...my nephew isn't blue rinse yet he and most of his mates back Farage.  So much for stereotyping eh?

19 minutes ago, Savhmr said:

Just responding to  those" with insufficient intellect to actually put forward a constructive debate" and  those who think  it's "much easier to hurl personal insults and prove that you're the grown up with the right answer"  time will tell who is right about how things will pan out . Hope your nephew starts to get out a bit more and gets some decent mates.

11 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

A quantum leap in judgement and inaccurate to boot.

We'll have to see what happens, I'll put a note in my diary for 12 months time  and get back to you, if Farage is in government I'll buy you a milkshake.

34 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

I suspect he may be one of JC's   p=mv brigade

Suspect you've got issues mate

We'll have to see what happens, I'll put a note in my diary for 12 months time  and get back to you, if Farage is in government I'll buy you a milkshake.

What exactly do you mean by the pathetic reference to a moron throwing a milkshake over Nigel Farage? It has nothing to do with what is being discussed and is rather juvenile.

45 minutes ago, tandytommo said:

Just responding to  those" with insufficient intellect to actually put forward a constructive debate" and  those who think  it's "much easier to hurl personal insults and prove that you're the grown up with the right answer"  time will tell who is right about how things will pan out . Hope your nephew starts to get out a bit more and gets some decent mates.

Is that really the best you can muster?  Pathetic.

My nephew, who you don't know just in case you think you do, and his mates, are all sound, mannerly and intelligent young men and women, so you resorting to now insulting the mates of his, him and by association, myself still doesn't show you in a  particularly good light.  Quite the opposite in fact.  You seem incapable of putting forward one single reasoned argument about your stance against those in favour of cutting ties with the European Parliament and Commission (but not Europeans) nor your obvious angst and issues. No need to try and show you up for the bigot that you obviously are...you've done a great job of that yourself.   You haven't so far had anything specific or intelligent to say bar thinly veiled insults.  Crack on...I won't be wasting any more time on you. 

Edited by Savhmr

On 22/05/2019 at 10:17, Rewulf said:

Ive had a think about this, and had a look at the opinion polls again, whilst a strong message will obviously be sent regarding the 'mood' of the country, no, I dont believe that as it stands that it confirms that the majority still want Brexit.
Im not saying that given another referendum we wouldnt vote to leave ..again, I believe we would, but thats just my opinion.
Not that I believe another referendum wouldnt be massively damaging to the already heavily damaged faith in British politics.
Apologies for the protracted delay, I've had a bit of a week with work involving a lot of travel, that said, in truth I was barely minded to reply - but anyway...

Fair enough, I didn't actually expect any of you to reply with a figure although I thought you were the best bet.

Ok , a more detailed analysis than my short answer yesterday.
I asked you what YOU wanted to see.

You say what you want isnt important, but thats irrelevant , its all very well laughing at the predicament, but where is the resolution, where is the answer ?

Nobody is laughing, please don't fall into the trap of believing that only people who voted to leave have a monopoly over the grievances of what has ensued. 

Unicorns, what is it about remainers and unicorns, is a new buzzword that they come up with when faced with a difficult question.
Brexiter- 'OK whats YOUR solution to get us out of this mess then ?'
Remainer - 'Pah ! Well what did you expect when you voted for unicorns ?!'

THAT is not an answer.

That's not really an accurate reflection, is it, I was not attempting to provide an answer but rather setting the context for a response.

You say this 'We obviously can't undo what has happened in the past, we can only learn from it,'

Yes, so let's be clear, do you have an issue with the above statement?

Then you say this ' If it were possible, and I don't believe it is, I would like to see the current trajectory we appear to be on halted.'
This is confusing in itself, you want to stop Brexit, but admit it isnt really possible ?

What's confusing, I have stated an undeniable fact previously and suggested that I would like to see the current / future that appears to be unraveling before us halted?

For the record, and not for the first time, I don't believe we are going to leave the EU!

Yet the whole basis of the mess of Brexit , is the simple FACT that most of Parliament DO think its possible, and not only that , they are prepared to stake their seats on it.

Fundamental misalignment here, in my opinion it's not simple and claiming as fact is a conclusion I do not subscribe to. Yes there is a percentage of Parliament behaving as you say but not a majority. You are glossing over the complexities in my view, a position I believe will come back and bite you and anyone who thinks it's simple. Save your gloating until such time that Boris actually delivers no deal.

So why dont you ?

As above.

Then you contradict yourself.
'I would like to see someone in authority stand up and say this is nonsense, none of us wanted this, none of us.'
For starters 17.4 million DID want it, how thick or racist they are is irrelevant.
And plenty of 'those in authority' are standing up and saying this is nonsense, despite the fact that more people voted to leave than voted for their party, by a looong stretch.
No doubt this is the bit where you say, 'Oh but which vision of Brexit ?'
They didnt ask, because despite their fears, they didnt care , they just wanted out.

This is only a contradiction in your view, maybe, I really don't follow your logic or line of reasoning most of the time, allow me to try to explain...

I meant none of us wanted the predicament we are currently in, regardless of the way we voted or Brexit - why did you jump straight to the 17.4M of us line?

Sometimes I feel you don't want to understand anything I state, but rather want to interpret it in a way that serves your agenda or allows you to just reject me off hand and / or further develop this superiority complex you appear to be developing. A case in point being you appearing to want to take exception to my tongue in cheek comments about being offended by the mugs, really strange, really strange.

So, please tell me where the contradiction is?

I would happily see some alternative approach to Brexit laid out which could be palatable to a significant majority of us.
Then give us a clue, this is fundamentally the question I asked you !

Fundamentally you asked me what I want, you did not ask me to propose a solution.

Read what I actually wrote. Is it too much of a stretch for someone of such intellect and acumen in the art of debate to see that I was suggesting?

Amongst other things, a solution that does not see us "defined" by people of the opposite viewpoint because I very much believe that fundamentally we agree on more than we disagree on but somehow the polarising subject of Brexit drives a wedge through us all.

Left and right , twin party politics are always polar.
The fact is , I believe this mentality is cultivated by those in power to deliberately divide us, and Brexit is no different.

Politics polarising, yes, but not to the extent that Brexit has achieved. It seems to go beyond the conventional divisions of race, religion, sexual orientation etc. and I do not prescribe to people being defined by any of the aforementioned, so why should it be acceptable for something like Brexit?

Do you seriously believe most remainers 'love' the EU that much ? 

Where on earth did this come from? I can accept you labeling me as remainer, but loving the EU at all, let alone that much, genuinely lost...

Let me repeat for the umpteenth time, being Anti-Brexit does not make you pro-EU, I mean, seriously!
Or is it just a lefty thing, because most right wingers hate it so much ?

No idea, ask a lefty, all the analysers I've ever tried return a centrist or centre right profile (actually, maybe one was centre left a while ago)

Give that one some thought, and a lot of other answers tend to fall into place.

Give what some thought, I genuinely have no idea where roughly half of what you posted above comes from...

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Is any pro Bexit PWer prepared to put a figure on what good looks like as a percentage of the overall EU election votes? I'm prepared to acknowledge that 50% or more (including UKIP) is gonna rock the main two?

UKIP will be pretty much wiped out, but I would expect around 35% of the vote to go to the Brexit Party, and a clear win, and I can guarantee that will rock the main two parties to the core. In 2014 UKIP got 26.6% of the vote and 24 seats and it was that result that scared Cameron into calling the referendum. If the BP achieve 35% or thereabouts, having taken large amounts of traditional Tory and Labour voters, it would be realistic to expect a much harder line on Brexit from whoever the new PM might be, and the Labour party will become even more split over Corbyn's lack of direction on Brexit.  It's not just the UK results that will make hard reading in Brussels though, not by a long way.

Just now, poontang said:

UKIP will be pretty much wiped out, but I would expect around 35% of the vote to go to the Brexit Party, and a clear win, and I can guarantee that will rock the main two parties to the core. In 2014 UKIP got 26.6% of the vote and 24 seats and it was that result that scared Cameron into calling the referendum. If the BP achieve 35% or thereabouts, having taken large amounts of traditional Tory and Labour voters, it would be realistic to expect a much harder line on Brexit from whoever the new PM might be, and the Labour party will become even more split over Corbyn's lack of direction on Brexit.  It's not just the UK results that will make hard reading in Brussels though, not by a long way.

Thanks for the reply. I'd tend to agree with all but the percentages, I think Brexit should be aiming higher, but that'splitting hairs really. Seems like the Tories that are gonna get whacked the most. Again, agreed on the harder line but do you see Boris softening a bit if he gets to No.10? Not trying to set you up as I acknowledge it's tricky to work out what Boris is really thinking / going to do. Agree on the results being hard reading for Brussels, throughout the union. Here's hoping on UKIP....

6 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Thanks for the reply. I'd tend to agree with all but the percentages, I think Brexit should be aiming higher, but that'splitting hairs really. Seems like the Tories that are gonna get whacked the most. Again, agreed on the harder line but do you see Boris softening a bit if he gets to No.10? Not trying to set you up as I acknowledge it's tricky to work out what Boris is really thinking / going to do. Agree on the results being hard reading for Brussels, throughout the union. Here's hoping on UKIP....

I think you could well be right re. Boris.

He did after all right two speeches, one why the country should remain, the other leave. 

I think he's more concerned with winning the top job than anything else, including brexit. 

7 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I think we have to remember that the Brexit Party have only been around for 5/6 weeks, so if they achieve anywhere near what the polling suggests that would be quite some going. Like him or loathe him Farage is very, very good at what he does. His knowledge of the EU institutions and how they function is second to none, and his energy, passion and belief in his cause is palpable. Qualities sadly lacking in so many of those sitting on the benches of Westminster.

Boris is an interesting one. He would certainly have the vote of the Conservative party membership, who are staunchly pro leave, but he still has to get through to the final two candidates. There are quite a few tory MP's who don't like Boris and would happily vote tactically to keep him from getting through. In my opinion a massive mistake and would almost certainly alienate the membership even further. Would he soften? Anyone's guess really but I don't think he could. He's been waiting in the wings for this opportunity his entire political career and this could be his best chance at the top job. He's defined himself as an ardent Eurosceptic so he would have to back that up if in power. He's been pushing for a WTO brexit or a comprehensive FTA so anything other than that and he'll be seen as the same as all the rest in parliament, duplicitous. With Boris, it's all about Boris and he'll be looking to be the strong and stable :rolleyes: leader he thinks he is. It's all about the legacy.

My preferred option would be Dominic Raab.

12 hours ago, tandytommo said:

You will lose your money. At a General Election, the numbers against a so-called "Hard Brexit" will change dramatically,  as tactical voting by Leavers will target those Labour and Conservative MPs who have failed to  honour the referendum, in seats that overwhelmingly voted to Leave! Right across the country, Conservative Associations are de-selecting their Remoaner MPs.... In Northern Labour areas, Labour Leave voters will either, stay at home, or vote Brexit Party. 

As it is slowly entering the dim minds of Remain MPs that they can lose their £80k jobs, with £80k expenses, and gold-plated pensions, they will reluctantly take their snouts out of the trough long enough to change sides!  We already know that at least 5 Tory MPs will NOT get re-elected, All Remoaners.  They are currently being de-selected.

2 minutes ago, poontang said:

I think we have to remember that the Brexit Party have only been around for 5/6 weeks, so if they achieve anywhere near what the polling suggests that would be quite some going. Like him or loathe him Farage is very, very good at what he does. His knowledge of the EU institutions and how they function is second to none, and his energy, passion and belief in his cause is palpable. Qualities sadly lacking in so many of those sitting on the benches of Westminster.

Boris is an interesting one. He would certainly have the vote of the Conservative party membership, who are staunchly pro leave, but he still has to get through to the final two candidates. There are quite a few tory MP's who don't like Boris and would happily vote tactically to keep him from getting through. In my opinion a massive mistake and would almost certainly alienate the membership even further. Would he soften? Anyone's guess really but I don't think he could. He's been waiting in the wings for this opportunity his entire political career and this could be his best chance at the top job. He's defined himself as an ardent Eurosceptic so he would have to back that up if in power. He's been pushing for a WTO brexit or a comprehensive FTA so anything other than that and he'll be seen as the same as all the rest in parliament, duplicitous. With Boris, it's all about Boris and he'll be looking to be the strong and stable :rolleyes: leader he thinks he is. It's all about the legacy.

Raab is a ducker and diver.....It,s Boris for me.

11 hours ago, Gordon R said:

What exactly do you mean by the pathetic reference to a moron throwing a milkshake over Nigel Farage? It has nothing to do with what is being discussed and is rather juvenile.

Correct!  I suspect Mr Tommoo is a Remoaner Labour supporter........

2 minutes ago, poontang said:

Like him or loathe him Farage is very, very good at what he does. His knowledge of the EU institutions and how they function is second to none, and his energy, passion and belief in his cause is palpable.

Agreed, I'm not a big fan ........ because he seems a one man band, but he is as you say very good at what he does.

3 minutes ago, poontang said:

Boris is an interesting one. He would certainly have the vote of the Conservative party membership,

Agreed.  I think he would also get quite a good popular vote - even though many (including me) don't like him.  He's "Marmite". Your "With Boris, it's all about Boris" sums him up - and when he has realised his ambition and made No 10, what will drive him then?

5 minutes ago, poontang said:

I think he is a good candidate.

BUT slimey Corbyn seems to intend a vote of confidence in the government as the first test of the new leader.  Which candidates would be able to ride that out and win as new P.M.?  IF Corbyn won the VONC, who could win a General Election within 6 weeks?  I think the best bet there is Boris - and so reluctantly, I think he needs to win.

Whoever wins MUST be a 'leaver', must be a strong negotiator who will hold their nerve, and must either 'force/persuade' the EU back to the negotiating table (by the threat of no deal) and thrash out a decent deal OR (probably more likely) leave with no deal and negotiate free trade agreements (including the EU, Canada, USA, Australia, NZ etc.) from a basis of WTO after a clean break.  There will be £39 billion in the pot to help ease the undoubted short term pain.

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, the monday morning news will be interesting to watch, EU voting results, how will the BREXIT PARTY get on ?  

My bet is, very well !

I see that UKIP,s Deputy Leader, Mike Hookem,  is challenging Gerard Batten for the leadership, stating that he is unhappy at the direction Batten has taken the Party. The TR situation alienated many of its members.

10 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Is any pro Bexit PWer prepared to put a figure on what good looks like as a percentage of the overall EU election votes? I'm prepared to acknowledge that 50% or more (including UKIP) is gonna rock the main two?

Can`t answer that but as an insight ,a neighbour has just told me that for the first time in 44 years he voted OTHER than Labour.....and voted for the Brexit Party.

I hope many others have done likewise.

Those percentages are what the polls suggest but it all depends on the desire to actually pop something in the ballot box Thursday that will reveal the results.

I don't know the answer. These elections seemed to be pretty quiet really, and I'm not sure if that will have resulted in some parties getting a lower turnout than anticipated from asking them on the street.

If one party really mobilised their vote or their voters felt much more inclined the results could differ very significantly from the polls. It's an unusual one.

In good faith I couldn't vote for any of them. Voting for the party I least dislike is hardly a positive. I wanted to register my discontent, and I crossed through my ballot in the booth.