Poor shots and guilt

2 hours ago, Piebob said:

Exactly.  A first ever post asking for more stories of misses and wounding.  Aye, right!

First and last. Highlighting the exact reason myself and many other don't join forum groups due to keyboard warriors and members who just love any excuse to belittle and insult people ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you do stick around. You'll learn to separate the wheat from the chaff (and there's a lot of chaff). The experience you had is just the kind of thing that prompts joining a forum. Don't let the armchair snipers put you off.

51 minutes ago, DanPadgett said:

First and last. Highlighting the exact reason myself and many other don't join forum groups due to keyboard warriors and members who just love any excuse to belittle and insult people ?

You walked into it with your OP, don't blame others for telling you what they thought of your actions.  You took a shot you were not capable of, then more shots, basically blamed the farmer as he wanted them controlled, and didn't have the balls to stand up and walk away as you didn't want to shoot them.  Then decided to share your incompetence with the world on a public forum.    All you have done is bring the shooting community into disrepute!

What do you expect, a pat on the back?

Edited by Dekers

For someone who was contrite, you have rapidly turned a bit sensitive. You will have to forgive me, when I first read your post, I concluded that you might well be an anti who sought to gather stories to discredit shooters. Your subsequent posts have made me more suspicious.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

For someone who was contrite, you have rapidly turned a bit sensitive. You will have to forgive me, when I first read your post, I concluded that you might well be an anti who sought to gather stories to discredit shooters. Your subsequent posts have made me more suspicious.

2 hours ago, DanPadgett said:

I think he's referring to you Gordon R ?suck it up and move on.

3 hours ago, DanPadgett said:

20 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I believe he was referring to Dekers or it might have been you. :innocent:

No definitely you!

His post has your name written all over it,even Stevie Wonder can see that, LMAO

Anyway you haven't got time to be returning posts to me on here,you have to get ready for your WI meeting lol?

Edited by Bluebarrels

I can put my hand on my heart and say I have never lost a deer that I have shot . Some I have had to shoot again and some I have had to follow up .Its regrettable not to make a clean kill on any bird or animal . I am getting to old to chase downed pigeons across the field ,if they are not dead I shoot them again . Get over it or give it up . I gave up shooting deer because I no longer like shooting them .

harnser

9 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Bluebarrels - I haven't a clue why you are having a pop - I suspect you have little else in your life. Go back to your village and tell them to cancel the village idiot vacancy - you have returned.

I rest my case!! 

Edited by Bluebarrels

8 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

I thought sunny weather was suppose to up your vitamin d levels, yet everybody is having a pop at each other lately. 

Questionable posts aside could we all just have a glass of water and cheer up ?

Yes I will have a glass of water mate,and reflect that the truth hurts some people on here lol

Bluebarrels - it may be hard, given your limited intelligence, but even you might have noticed that the OP said it was his last post after a number of critical posts - none of which were mine. My critical post came after his departure.

You need to read carefully and grow up.

16 hours ago, DanPadgett said:

There's a certain click on here that operate together and under the details in the post above.

They are the reason many members have either left of been banned from this forum.

9 hours ago, Bluebarrels said:

There's a certain click on here that operate together and under the details in the post above.

They are the reason many members have either left of been banned from this forum.

Whilst I can't comment on the so-called click as I don't pay a lot of attention to topics once they descend into slanging matches, I do agree it's a shame when some good members get banned. I really do miss logging on to read a former member's posts, he had such a passion for air rifles. ?

Edited by Ttfjlc

44 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

Whilst I can't comment on the so-called click as I don't pay a lot of attention to topics once they descend into slanging matches, I do agree it's a shame when some good members get banned. I really do miss logging on to read a former member's posts, he had such a passion for air rifles. ?

I agree totally we have lost some proper shooting men along the way?

8 minutes ago, walshie said:

Flouncing off the forum by choice is one thing. I think it's it's pretty sad that an adult could act badly enough to warrant being banned.

Guess that's forums mate,some say on forums what they would never say face to face.

On 09/07/2018 at 21:42, Delwint said:

An honest post. I would imagine every single member has done something similar, and it was refreshing to see lots of support from the pigeon watch massive. And no tin hat was required ?

It seems I spoke too soon!!! ?‍♂️

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 21:42, Delwint said:

An honest post. I would imagine every single member has done something similar, and it was refreshing to see lots of support from the pigeon watch massive. And no tin hat was required ? 

7 hours ago, Delwint said:

It seems I spoke too soon!!! ?‍♂️

Regardless of whether every member has done the same or not, some of us don't find the need or desire to wave our incompetence or mistakes in front of the world and expect a pat on the back for being honest!

What exactly was the point of his post?  He apparently wants to unload by asking other members to tell him all about their cockups, oh yeah, a first post asking for our experiences of making a mess of things, is it just me that thinks that smells a bit strange????!!!!!!!!

Even if we actually take his post at face value, there are times it pays to keep your mouth shut, learn from your mistakes and move on!

:good:

Edited by Dekers