Poor shots and guilt

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/07/2018 at 10:05, Gordon R said:

Dekers - exactly the point I made, which the odd person can't comprehend.

I'm an odd person now? ?

At no point, anywhere, did I ask for a pat on the back. What kind of twisted person would want a "pat on the back" for messing up the shot I did, no. 

What I wanted was some support from the community, we're already under fire 99% of our sporting lives anyway from anti's and so when I post an honest post asking for some similar stories (purely to try and re-assure myself I'm not the only bloke who ***** up from time to time) I don't expect to get **** for it.

If you dont agree, dont post. But of course you're unable to help yourselves as the first sniff of being able to argue a point is too much to resist.

20 hours ago, DanPadgett said:

I'm an odd person now? ?

At no point, anywhere, did I ask for a pat on the back. What kind of twisted person would want a "pat on the back" for messing up the shot I did, no. 

What I wanted was some support from the community, we're already under fire 99% of our sporting lives anyway from anti's and so when I post an honest post asking for some similar stories (purely to try and re-assure myself I'm not the only bloke who ***** up from time to time) I don't expect to get **** for it.

If you dont agree, dont post. But of course you're unable to help yourselves as the first sniff of being able to argue a point is too much to resist.

Exactly, we are under fire all the time, so why would you or anyone want information about messing up, and don't use **** etc, you asked and wanted reassurance, what the hell are you talking about... If you dont agree, dont post...grow up and/or clear off, YOU are doing the shooting community no favours!

20 hours ago, DanPadgett said:

I'm an odd person now? ?

What I wanted was some support from the community, we're already under fire 99% of our sporting lives anyway from anti's and so when I post an honest post asking for some similar stories (purely to try and re-assure myself I'm not the only bloke who ***** up from time to time) I don't expect to get **** for it.

TBH mate I don't see anything wrong with what you posted,but you seem to have ruffled a few feathers on here.

Maybe the cracking shots on here who make a clean kill with every shot will go to heaven,looks like the rest of us are going to hell.

Seems honesty and telling the truth are frowned upon.

53 minutes ago, Bluebarrels said:

TBH mate I don't see anything wrong with what you posted,but you seem to have ruffled a few feathers on here.

Maybe the cracking shots on here who make a clean kill with every shot will go to heaven,looks like the rest of us are going to hell.

Seems honesty and telling the truth are frowned upon.

I drive at 100 miles an hour everywhere, even outside schools and Old Peoples homes, I have bald tyres, no insurance and to be honest I can't really handle the car and don't know its limitations.  I'm beginning to feel a bit guilty and was thinking about giving up driving, would you all tell me about your similar experiences so I know I'm not the only one and feel better.  Just being honest, please don't frown on me!   If you don't agree with me don't post, I'm not interested in criticism and will turn on you!!

:D

Another version of the OP!

Edited by Dekers

8 minutes ago, Dekers said:

If you don't agree with me don't post, I'm not interested in criticism and will turn on you!!

:D

And I ain't interested in the **** you post,

Anyway who made you a Mod/God!? Telling members to do one because you don't like what they post!

8 minutes ago, Bluebarrels said:

And I ain't interested in the **** you post,

Anyway who made you a Mod/God!? Telling members to do one because you don't like what they post!

You appear to have totally missed the point throughout this whole thread and continue to do so, I tried to make it a bit clearer with my motoring analogy post, but that too seems to have gone completely over your head!

Edited by Dekers

I'm not convinced your motoring analogy is appropriate. You make it sound like he was being deliberately negligent whereas I read it that he took a shot which was well in range of the firearm he was using, and ended up with a wounded animal, which he subsequently dispatched. He's admitted he made a mistake and although perhaps he should just man up and get over it, I think the reactions on here have been way over the top (although in comparison with non-PW forums ;)). Maybe it was a fishing post by an anti, although I doubt it. As a professional pest controller I value your opinion much higher than many on here, but I think in this instance perhaps you should just accept he made a mistake and was worried about it and move on. You have a business reputation to consider. Rise above!

45 minutes ago, spandit said:

I'm not convinced your motoring analogy is appropriate. You make it sound like he was being deliberately negligent whereas I read it that he took a shot which was well in range of the firearm he was using, and ended up with a wounded animal, which he subsequently dispatched. He's admitted he made a mistake and although perhaps he should just man up and get over it, I think the reactions on here have been way over the top (although in comparison with non-PW forums ;)). Maybe it was a fishing post by an anti, although I doubt it. As a professional pest controller I value your opinion much higher than many on here, but I think in this instance perhaps you should just accept he made a mistake and was worried about it and move on. You have a business reputation to consider. Rise above!

Fair comment but whatever else, there are times it pays to keep your mouth shut, learn from your mistakes and move on!

I had to go a little further with the motoring post as apparently some didn't/don't see the point at all. 

I wouldn't describe a 170 yard shot with a HMR as "well in range", certainly doable but without doubt towards the top end of its range, and arguably deliberately negligent when you don't know the range accurately.   Depending on ammo there is circa 4" drop in HMR between 150-170 yards, that is significant.   Then, he apparently got closer and still missed!

Anyway, that's taken the heat off Gordon R for a while! :good:

Edited by Dekers

Not averse to a bit of conspiracy theorising meself but only where some evidence can be found, people just postulating that the OP has come here to tease out a bit of dirt on the shooting community's callousness ? seems a bit of a long shot. 

Anyways what the antis missed in long, detailed multiple tales of woundings they surely gained in seeing how quickly we squabble amongst ourselves over nout. 

7 minutes ago, Bluebarrels said:

Interesting comment from a Sgc/Fac holder.

Me,well I just prefer to be honest!!

:lol::lol: We all have different views/opinions, that's forums for you.

Perhaps you would like to tell us about all the times you have broken the speed limit, jumped a red light, taken the odd cash job, thrown a sicky, cheated on the wife, taken a stupid/careless shot, etc etc etc, any or all of the above!

there are times it pays to keep your mouth shut, learn from your mistakes and move on! :D

Edited by Dekers

25 minutes ago, Dekers said:

We all have different views/opinions, that's forums for you.

Perhaps you would like to tell us about all the times you have broken the speed limit, jumped a red light, taken the odd cash job, thrown a sicky, cheated on the wife, taken a stupid/careless shot, etc etc etc, any or all of the above!

Don't judge others by your standards.

Honesty is always the best policy?

Anyway Dekers I'm going to terminate this now,I really don't like being associated with dishonest people(by your own admission)I have my Sgc to think about.

There are times it pays to keep your mouth shut learn from your mistakes and move on?

Try some of your own advice!!

Edited by Bluebarrels

On 13/07/2018 at 18:43, walshie said:

Flouncing off the forum by choice is one thing. I think it's  pretty sad that an adult could act badly enough to warrant being banned.

Who are we referring to here?

I think DanP is genuine but his post was a bit of a school boy error. Dekers has a point because some Anti could cut and paste the post as evidence of cruelty by shooters. Everyone should remember that the Antis monitor forums and FB sites.

12 hours ago, Bluebarrels said:

Anyway Dekers I'm going to terminate this now,I really don't like being associated with dishonest people(by your own admission)I have my Sgc to think about.

There are times it pays to keep your mouth shut learn from your mistakes and move on?

Try some of your own advice!!

There you go, I note you have not responded to any of my post above reference your I'm always honest comment, seems you have actually learnt a lesson and are following my advice, there are times it pays to keep your mouth shut, learn from your mistakes and move on!

Kindly do not accuse me of dishonesty, that is a disgraceful comment, without any basis whatsoever.

22 minutes ago, DC177 said:

I think DanP is genuine but his post was a bit of a school boy error. Dekers has a point because some Anti could cut and paste the post as evidence of cruelty by shooters. Everyone should remember that the Antis monitor forums and FB sites.

That argument doesn't really hold any water,any anti could join this forum and do as he wishes,we wouldn't know until the damage had been done!!

15 hours ago, Dekers said:

If you don't agree with me don't post, I'm not interested in criticism and will turn on you!!

We can all turn!!

Don't make statements like above and expect people to sit back and except you keyboard warrior tactics!

And for the record I'm not accusing anyone of dishonesty,your own post suggested that.

Mods I think this needs locking now,before I get banned!!

1 minute ago, Bluebarrels said:

We can all turn!!

Don't make statements like above and expect people to sit back and except you keyboard warrior tactics!

And for the record I'm not accusing anyone of dishonesty,your own post suggested that.

"If you don't agree with me don't post, I'm not interested in criticism and will turn on you!!"

Good grief, like I said earlier, you have completely missed the point, that was my analogy of the OP and his subsequent posts, not a comment I was personally making, what the OP has said AND DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

"And for the record I'm not accusing anyone of dishonesty,your own post suggested that"

RUBBISH, show me!.

3 minutes ago, shaun4860 said:

Can we stop the slanging match now please or people will be sent to the naughty step to reconsider their actions.

Ta

:shaun:

Sorry, I don't take easily to being called dishonest and don't just walk away!