One for you plumbers

ollie

I am finishing off my kennel block at the moment and I will have a sink in the block for cleaning my game and making the dogs dinners. I have a 25mm MDPE pipe running from my outside tap down to the kennel block and I'm hoping to connect this to the tap that came with the sink. The sink came with flexible hose with a 20mm fitting on the end. What would I need to connect the pipe to the sink? 

Sorry but I really don't have a notion.

6 hours ago, ollie said:

I am finishing off my kennel block at the moment and I will have a sink in the block for cleaning my game and making the dogs dinners. I have a 25mm MDPE pipe running from my outside tap down to the kennel block and I'm hoping to connect this to the tap that came with the sink. The sink came with flexible hose with a 20mm fitting on the end. What would I need to connect the pipe to the sink? 

Sorry but I really don't have a notion.

just go to your nearest plumbers merchant with the bits you have and they should sort you out.

I imagine your tap flex will be 15mm compression not 20mm? 22mm maybe if its a large tap! Ither way you can get a 25mm alcatheen to ither 15 or 22 copper wich will be a brass spigot you can tighten the flex straight too ??

Where you connect at your house end you could do with a stoptap and double check valve before the mdpe 

10 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Simple question (I think) , is the 20mm you  have given the inside dimension of the female end?  If so it is threaded 3/4 bsp which is what is on the fitting W72 recommended.  the other side just push fits to the end of the pipe.

Yes sorry 20mm is the inside dimension of the female end rather than the pipe dimension. Thanks for the help lads, I'll have a look at the recommendation from winston.

It might be worth ur while getting a stop cock to fit inside the kennel (unless u have 1 at other end)? Althou still might be handy anyway

A decent plumbing merchant might have a 25mm alk stopcock that reduces to either a 22mm or 15mm copper.

Must admit i thought most taps were 1/2" (which usually fits a 15mm compresion coupling) while ur 3/4" is for more bath taps etc which comes of a 22mm compression (please note note a plumber either so may be wrong) I'd double check so u can reduce it to the correct pipe size 1st time

Depending on ur winters/frost it might be worth putting a T piece in above stopcock and a drain valve, so in cold winters u could turn ur water off and drain the pipes.

I know i do similar with any outside/outbuilding plumbing making it as easy as possible to drain off if needed.

Ps while compression fittings aren't rocket science to use, the push fit 1's are far easier esp if u have a few joints close together on a run