Sign in to follow this  
243deer

Protecting decoying equipment

Like most of us my decoying stuff would cost a few quid to replace. Am fully insured but do not wish to make things easy for any herberts that may be around

About to move, possibly a less secure area than where I live now, time will tell.

Are there any padlocks out there that will hold up a ne'er do well for more than a second and will last more than 5 mins in our weather?

My mrs had lost the key to her bike lock - that took 1 second with the bolt crops.

thanks for any suggestions

1 hour ago, 243deer said:

Like most of us my decoying stuff would cost a few quid to replace. Am fully insured but do not wish to make things easy for any herberts that may be around

About to move, possibly a less secure area than where I live now, time will tell.

Are there any padlocks out there that will hold up a ne'er do well for more than a second and will last more than 5 mins in our weather?

My mrs had lost the key to her bike lock - that took 1 second with the bolt crops.

thanks for any suggestions

You can get some reallly close/tight ‘gape’ padlocks which make it awkward to get cutting gear on but that’s about it I think..  Sadly if they want to get in they will...

Have used these in the past where locks have been cut and it seems to deter them.

https://www.strongholddirect.co.uk/cisa-28550-85-hardened-steel-84mm-container-block-lock?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI66fPi-GU3AIVxvZRCh28kQhrEAQYDSABEgK4KfD_BwE

These looks good, but it would be cheaper to buy new gear..

https://www.safe.co.uk/products/abus-granit-37-80-closed-shackle-high-security-padlock-quad-pack.html?ACODE=googlebase&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI66fPi-GU3AIVxvZRCh28kQhrEAQYDyABEgLQFvD_BwE

Edited by PPP