What to wear for informal syndicate?

If it were me, I would be looking under 'shooting jackets' or some such on E-Bay. And so as not to look like the new boy at school, I'd also be looking under pre-owned. For the price you'd pay for a new one you could probably pick up 3 well-made and suitable jackets/coats in good condition in different weights or materials  to suit the weather.

For the rest, just a suitable jumper underneath and south of the midriff a pair of breeks and outdoor boots of whatever kind. And a hat.

2 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

If it were me, I would be looking under 'shooting jackets' or some such on E-Bay. And so as not to look like the new boy at school, I'd also be looking under pre-owned. For the price you'd pay for a new one you could probably pick up 3 well-made and suitable jackets/coats in good condition in different weights or materials  to suit the weather.

For the rest, just a suitable jumper underneath and south of the midriff a pair of breeks and outdoor boots of whatever kind. And a hat.

Hadn't thought of eBay! That's an excellent suggestion. Thanks

If the size were right....https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/La-Chameau-Shooting-Jacket-colour-Brown/283048150463?hash=item41e6fc05bf:g:C2oAAOSwQolbCVJL

And this is very  nice!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Ralph-Lauren-Waxed-Shooting-Hunting-Jacket-Coat/323179508848?hash=item4b3efff470:g:HggAAOSwfVpYxU3O

I'm actually jealous that I don't get the opportunity to wear cold weather clothing anymore!

Edited by Retsdon

Our syndicate is pretty relaxed but we still all wear a tie, so a checked shirt and tie, jumper, shooting jacket and some sort of trousers and boots (wellies or otherwise). And don't forget the cap! 

As above, ebay is a good place for all the above and if you are going to the Game Fair (or another fair), they are always good for picking up a cheap shirt and tie etc. 

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Here you go. 

b3b77f9ad705b6d3fe3b866aa41f77a4.jpg

Informal 

thats downright slovenly 

Go and get your tailor to make you a proper shooting suit 

absolutely nothing short of that will do 

heaven forbid they’ll be using over and under Guns and Cartriges made of plastic next 

informal = you carry and load your own gun 

also you’re going to have to pick up your own birds and probably have to get cook to pack you sandwiches 

enjoy your first season 

all the best 

of 

44 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

heaven forbid they’ll be using over and under Guns and Cartriges made of plastic next 

informal = you carry and load your own gun 

also you’re going to have to pick up your own birds and probably have to get cook to pack you sandwiches 

Sounds hellish!

Damn cook doesn't work Saturdays, he must be fired post-haste.

1 hour ago, AdamSouthEast said:

Sounds hellish!

Damn cook doesn't work Saturdays, he must be fired post-haste.

My apologies didn’t realise you were a continental with a chef

time off in the shooting season strongly suggest that you have all your staff contracts looked at 

best plan is have them made up the night before 

or get your butler or even the chauffeur to do them 

after they have cleaned your brogues ?

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:13, B725 said:

Bob Parrot  has a  retirement sale on but they have moved a lot of stuff and at good price's 

as this...even if you cannot find anything to fit then his brochure will give you a very good idea of what to wear.  Don't forget the hip flask for elevensies :good:

That reminds me of when one of the guns dressed in a Santa's little helper outfit from Anne Summers one day.

He was a squaddie back from a tour of Afghanistan and coped very well in the wind and snow!

We all chipped in a fiver and the money went to Help for Heroes.

On 11/07/2018 at 12:44, simonm said:

Our syndicate is pretty relaxed but we still all wear a tie, so a checked shirt and tie, jumper, shooting jacket and some sort of trousers and boots (wellies or otherwise). And don't forget the cap! 

As above, ebay is a good place for all the above and if you are going to the Game Fair (or another fair), they are always good for picking up a cheap shirt and tie etc. 

Genuinely no offence. But how does "pretty relaxed" fit in with "but we still all wear a tie"? Why would you need to wear a tie when you're going shooting? Game shooting or otherwise? (Bar maybe, being the owner/manager/worker of a shooting establishment where it may look more professional/better for business)

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

It's called 'tradition', sadly becoming very rare in this country of ours.  Saw a scruffy MP sat behind Boris during his speech with no tie today, totally out of order.

Fair enough.

Cheers.

24 minutes ago, jam1e said:

Genuinely no offence. But how does "pretty relaxed" fit in with "but we still all wear a tie"? Why would you need to wear a tie when you're going shooting? Game shooting or otherwise? (Bar maybe, being the owner/manager/worker of a shooting establishment where it may look more professional/better for business)

Cheers.

Respect for the quarry. You are taking the lives of lots of living creatures, respect for the quarry is part of what differentiates sporting shooting from a massacre. 

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, that as well.....also sadly lacking by some.

The older i get the less living creatures i shoot. Even though i eat most of them.... 

Each to their own, but i get more enjoyment in developing loads, and long distance steel plate shooting these days....

18 hours ago, Walker570 said:

It's called 'tradition', sadly becoming very rare in this country of ours.  Saw a scruffy MP sat behind Boris during his speech with no tie today, totally out of order.

Totally agree, i wear a tie on formal days, syndicate days, loading and even beating. Tradition and general gentlemanly behaviour should be upheld ?