What cartridge will you be using for this pheasant season?

19 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

I've used Hull HP in 30gm 7 for a number of years, they've been discontinued, I've always prefered a more open choke and pattern density,

Haven't they just, the *******. Down to my last few hundred. Had a moan at the Hull stand at the last GF. Went away with a Hull cartridge  head lapel badge and a plastic bag - as if that fixed everything.

Edit: PS You could try Gamebore Supergame High Bird 28g in 7s. Wouldn't get too many as they might not suit your gun but in my two the couple of grams short is compensated for by the slightly tighter patterns that these throw. Softer on the shoulder too.

Edited by wymberley

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, wymberley said:

Haven't they just, the *******. Down to my last few hundred. Had a moan at the Hull stand at the last GF. Went away with a Hull cartridge  head lapel badge and a plastic bag - as if that fixed everything.

Edit: PS You could try Gamebore Supergame High Bird 28g in 7s. Wouldn't get too many as they might not suit your gun but in my two the couple of grams short is compensated for by the slightly tighter patterns that these throw. Softer on the shoulder too.

3 hours ago, wymberley said:

Yes, Frustraiting. The repsonse to my last request for them in the shop was lack of Demand ? Although i could buy a car load of 34gm 4's ?  I'll take the look at the highbird, I may just use the 30gm 6's Hull HP. RC make a 30gm 7 but I find them quite punchy on the shoulder, annoying you find the winning formula, pattern well in my gun, soft shooting, consistent, then have to start again.

My all time favourites were Hull Pro-Trap 32gsm 7.5's. They were fantanstic through open choke, not much got away from them !?

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/07/2018 at 11:40, wymberley said:

Just Cartridges have for £209 in the bin ends section a 30g Gamebore 7

12 minutes ago, dodeer said:

Just Cartridges have for £209 in the bin ends section a 30g Gamebore 7

Well posted. Many thanks. Although I'm well topped up now, it is really appreciated. Although it seems someone was quick off the mark because I can't see them having just now looked. Unless the JC are GB which sadly are plastic wads.

Edited by wymberley

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Well posted. Many thanks. Although I'm well topped up now, it is really appreciated. Although it seems someone was quick off the mark because I can't see them having just now looked. Unless the JC are GB which sadly are plastic wads.

Yes damn plastic wdas

On 13/07/2018 at 20:46, Cheesefiend said:

Just Cartridges Xtreme game 28g 6s. Spoke to the guy in the warehouse who said these were rebranded Gamebore, but I can’t for the life of me remember which ones. 

Yes they are made by gamebore for just cartridges with diamond shot and gordon recoil system

I got 1000 12g  and 1000 20g and they work fine for the price i got them at

But if i find myself struggling a bit i revert to my faithfull RC sipe pretige 32g  which are the bench mark for all cartridges