Toyota Land Cruiser

countryman

Does any one run one of these it's the 3lt diesel one I am interested in, 10 to 14 plate lwb model. After deciding not to buy the Range Rover equivalent these do seem to have good reviews. Some of them seem to have moon mileage on the clock so you would think there D4D engine is good. Any advice on what I should look for on one or known problems would be good to know.

Thanks

chris.

We use them in Africa. 450kg kudu in the back and 7 guys on board climbing a mountain pass over rock steps at least a foot high. These things are the dogs nuts. Unstoppable armageddon vehicle. Love them but have to make do with my Hilux. 

The ones we use out there have do 350k plus on a 3l diesel.

i've owned a 2004 since it had 25k on and now its on 114k in some 13 years of ownership.

pro's-one faulty fuel pump other than the usual running costs including suspension bushes,its been pretty cheap to run.

its done everything from move house, attend place of getting married, ferried kids,family,etc all around and moved furniture.

cons-expect no more than 33mpg-if going off road get some off road tyres or you'll embarrass yourself.

they do tend to show some surface rust underneath but not to the extent of structural fail.

haven driven D3's and D4's through work and X5's but owning the same car for 13 years pretty much says it all.

if you have any finer queries just ask

f.

I had an 06 LC120 model for 3 years and really really wish I didn't sell it.  Father has a LC150 model around a 12 plate.  Both excellent cars.  The older one suffered failing injectors due to a copper sealing ring that was sorted by Toyota under recall if you caught it quick enough. Typical signs of the fault was loud knocking on a cold start (Overnight) Carbon deposits on pick up pump lead to oil starvation and you can guess the rest.   The 150 model to my knowledge has not had the same issues and is the same engine.  Only other thing I had was a binding caliper which was easy enough to sort.  Both cars had trouble free motoring.  Mine had the adjustable air suspension that worked without issue.  Old mans has springs and shockers.  The 150 I felt was a slightly firmer ride especially round corners.  Neither will set the record for 0-60 but quick enough for the size of bus they are.  

Inside they are functional and have all you need.  Very comfortable especially on the long runs with lot and lots of space.  They eat miles, set cruise control and away you go. Late 20's on a run so typical 4x4 mileage for a car that size.  Never broke, down, never got the 3 amigo lights, never went in limp mode, very capable off road even on standard tyres and tow like a train.

The heated seats in my car weren't the warmest.