World Cup Song

billytheghillie

3 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I am truly gutted I will new probably never see a home nation win the World Cup ?

scotland are going to win rugby world cup and cricket:hmm: well done croatia and well done england beat by the better team but can hold there heads high:good:

Plenty of typical responses coming out here. Accept the guy's banter. "Your" team lost and he's pleased.

If a team is "bigged up" and songs chanted etc then when they fail/lose/get knocked out that's always likely to come back to haunt them (or supporters)

England are known for it the world over and that's why there is more of "I support anyone who plays against ingurland" than there is for any other country.

Massive "it's coming home" campaigns for weeks as if they are the best team in the world when they have done nothing to show that.

Expect some banter/ribbing/backlash when you lose.

I really don't care about football but I did watch the end of last night's game and cheered for whoever was playing in black.

Back to work and (hopefully) shooting now.

Edd

30 minutes ago, Seadog1408 said:

I see the sheep shaggers have joined the sweaties, same old same old.

(only banter/ribbing of course .)

Referring to my comments?

My perfectly reasonable and non offensive comments/opinions responded to by racist insults. 

Probably illustrates my point well.

Just hearing in the media how England are now all set to win the next tournament.

Genuine question here, what were the results?

Played 5 ,Won 3 (1 on penalties?) lost 2?

Hardly worth shouting about.

Edd