where to get a used apple laptop?

paul1966

3 minutes ago, paul1966 said:

Thanks but not sure an ipad is up to the job, the pc is going to be used for graphic design so needs to run photoshop.

It may be worth checking. Last time I was in an apple store they had much software /programmes to cater for students and artists.  My partner ( also an artist ) was sorely tempted by the iPad pro and may still get one. 

I also have an artist friend who [prefers GIMP to photoshop. May be worth checking also. 

Why a mac? The fable of macs being best for graphics has always been over blown. Completely limited on what it's been sold with unless you want to change to ssd which has nothing to do with graphics. For the sum you've mentioned you'd get a bloody good desktop with top spec everything via a windows os. 

Don't get me wrong, Apple have their market and uses but you'll be looking at a 2013 maybe a 2015 model secondhand for that money. 

And before anybody starts as seems to be the case lately, I've owned both and made a huge mistake of buying a new cheap laptop running Windows 10. Pile of garbage. Yet when running on a friends system who didn't skimp on price (eg £600-700), it's fast as hell. 

Also if he's taught in uni only via a mac forget everything I've said :lol:

well they went to a computer fair today and were looking at a 2011 macbook with warranty for £450, i talked them out of it as its a 7 year old laptop and by the time she's finished uni will be 10 or 11 years old. i have put them onto one i have seen on facebook, its a 2014 model for the same price, ok it will have no warranty but the guy has owned it from new and uses it daily so it should be ok. if it was me i would get it, left it with them.

Guest stevo

I love my apple stuff too , my Mac book pro 2017 I7 processor 16 G ram and SSD drive Retina display ect .. is awesome with my Autocad software. 

??