Trump Protests

norfolk dumpling

What a waste of money, emotion and police time. I don't like the guy but USA elected him not us. He's also so thick skinned this is water off a ducks back and what did it achieve? I feel really sorry for both PM and QE2 having to meet, greet and shake hands with him. God, I cannot imagine what PM must feel like every morning when she wakes, turns on the radio or Internet and the realisation of what that poor lady has to face each day. I'm not a Tory - once was member of Labour Party (many years ago) - but I really do feel for her.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least he does what he says... also seems to take no noncence. 

Didnt he tell Merkel, “Angela... you need to sort this out” at NATO? 

Apparently despite their promises a lot of the EU countries haven’t been paying up their fair share on defence ... well after talks with him they’re saying they’re going to buck up their ideas...

I don't know what the fuss is about. Personally I find it a bit embarrassing we don't have the good manners to all be polite to a visitor, and the media seem to have been keen to make it look like there were lots of protests. The protestors would mostly have turned up to anything they perceived to be cool, and I bet most of them couldn't even explain what Trump is supposed to have done wrong. And where were they when leaders from countries with worse human rights records turned up? Did they go and get a giant helium balloon from the card shop for them? 

Edited by simonm
Typo

12 minutes ago, simonm said:

I don't know what the fuss is about. Personally I find it a bit embarrassing we don't have the good manners to all be polite to a visitor, and the media seem to have been keen to make it look like there were lots of protests. The protestors would mostly have turned up to anything their perceived to be cool, and I bet most of them couldn't even explain what Trump is supposed to have done wrong. And where were they when leaders from countries with worse human rights records turned up? Did they go and get a giant helium balloon from the card shop for them? 

hello, another good post, and your right about the human rights of people from certain countries being offered a UK visit, i still remember watching a video of the MP George Galloway having tea with Saddam Hussein

The more I see and hear of him, the more I like him. He says what he thinks; he isn't a diplomat...and tells it as it is, which upsets people. He also seems to get things done.

Trump is what happens when for decades, the masses are ignored by the establishment, much akin to the referendum result in the UK. I like him; he unsettles people. 

The protesters are pathetic scum, without any redeeming feature. Protest by all means, but the stupid balloon and placards saying World's number 1 racist, just prove that they are brain dead. Trump has more class than the sum total of that mob.

25 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

When I saw all the protestors on TV my first thought was, why have none of these people got a job to go to? Even if I had wanted to protest, which I don't, it wouldn't have been possible on a week day.

hello, reminds me a few years back before the brexit vote being told i should vote against the UK leaving the EU by a Italian national of around 25 working in the Stratford upon Avon UNI, this was in Abingdon of all places, and he came with a few others from the mentioned UNI, as polite as possable i told him to mind his own business on our countries future, well not that polite!!!!!   

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

The more I see and hear of him, the more I like him. He says what he thinks; he isn't a diplomat...and tells it as it is, which upsets people. He also seems to get things done.

Trump is what happens when for decades, the masses are ignored by the establishment, much akin to the referendum result in the UK. I like him; he unsettles people. 

This, I don’t know what all this hatred is about, just like most of the people who hate him. They don't know why, only that social media says to.

Edited by Newbie to this

23 minutes ago, norfolk dumpling said:

The news item on the 'protest' mentioned '...tens of thousands...' - how many did we get to the last pro-hunting march; 470,000! 

Yep,and what good did that do ? Buried by fake news of an earth tremor in the Midlands .........

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, not sure i would agree with him saying BORIS would make a good prime minister

Could he be any worse than our current incumbent ?????

Not sure I'm too happy about the media, all they appear to be doing is goading Trump or giving far too much air time to protests.

Protest is fine, and like him or not I don't really care, but a little more even handed media coverage would be better!

:good:

22 minutes ago, Scully said:

Me too,says it as he sees it, gets things done but a bit of a marmite character. Of to see Putin next week that could be intresting?.

7 minutes ago, matone said:

Yep,and what good did that do ? Buried by fake news of an earth tremor in the Midlands .........

Could he be any worse than our current incumbent ?????

hello, i believe so matone

6 minutes ago, dead eye alan said:

Me too,says it as he sees it, gets things done but a bit of a marmite character. Of to see Putin next week that could be intresting?.

hello, very interesting alan, when we see Putin on TV at these meeting with heads of state his body language realy shows up as, why do i have to be here!!!!

14 minutes ago, dead eye alan said:

Agree,at least he says what he thinks which is better than the PC world of politics in general where most seem to be lying to forward their personal agendas....

Edited by matone
spelling !

2 minutes ago, matone said:

Agree,at least he says what he thinks which is better than the PC world of politics in general where most seem to be lying to forward their personal agendas....

Yep he says what he thinks at that moment in time, he might change his mind a few minutes later though, so who knows what he thinks? . Engage brain then mouth might be a motto for him to adopt. 

Trump is a breath of fresh air for both the US and the world. Sure he has some rough edges, but what true leader hasn't. He has perseviered against the political establishment and hostile media in the US because he has a message that resonates with real people. He is the populist antidote to the globalist liberal agenda that has hijacked western politics. If only we had a leader like him who could realise our true bargaining strength in negotiations with the EU and the resolve, intellect and skill to see them through. Like the US, we also have a swamp that needs draining. Under May, it will only get murkier and deeper.

1 minute ago, TriBsa said:

Trump is a breath of fresh air for both the US and the world. Sure he has some rough edges, but what true leader hasn't. He has perseviered against the political establishment and hostile media in the US because he has a message that resonates with real people. He is the populist antidote to the globalist liberal agenda that has hijacked western politics. If only we had a leader like him who could realise our true bargaining strength in negotiations with the EU and the resolve, intellect and skill to see them through. Like the US, we also have a swamp that needs draining. Under May, it will only get murkier and deeper.

This just about sums it up for me.

He truly is a breath of fresh air, I like the man and just wish we had someone like him.

I can possibly see why the American public are protesting about Trump, but why are people in the U.K protesting, goaded on by that scrotum Sadiq Khan? What the hell does it have to do with anyone outside of the U.S? 

Stinks of the liberal loveys being scared that reality is spreading.