Trump Protests

norfolk dumpling

15 hours ago, ditchman said:

echo's of 1938 Berlin ?..:hmm:

No, nothing like it.

Since when did putting the interests of your own country and it's people before those of others make you some kind of power crazed nazi?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/07/2018 at 09:14, simonm said:

I don't know what the fuss is about. Personally I find it a bit embarrassing we don't have the good manners to all be polite to a visitor, and the media seem to have been keen to make it look like there were lots of protests. The protestors would mostly have turned up to anything they perceived to be cool, and I bet most of them couldn't even explain what Trump is supposed to have done wrong. And where were they when leaders from countries with worse human rights records turned up? Did they go and get a giant helium balloon from the card shop for them? 

Correct IMHO. So many sheeple now intent on ranting their views to prevent another's personal lawful activity? Just amazed at the numbers involved, thousands who will never work as they don't have to. Backed up by lots of summer flu sickies?

All aided and abetted  by the good old Biased Broadcasting Corporation pumping out their usual wares.

26 minutes ago, old man said:

Correct IMHO. So many sheeple now intent on ranting their views to prevent another's personal lawful activity? Just amazed at the numbers involved, thousands who will never work as they don't have to. Backed up by lots of summer flu sickies?

All aided and abetted  by the good old Biased Broadcasting Corporation pumping out their usual wares.

Aided and abetted by some of the Biggest anti-Semites and racists going ( but that is ok 'cause  they are left wing anti-Semites and racists)

It seems bizarre to me that the protesters (who make many libellous statements on their little boards) behave far worse than Trump himself. He seems educated and sophisticated compared to the baying rabble. I really don't see why they do it - Trump arrived and left - they made not a scrap of difference.

No doubt another cause will arise and they will reluctantly return to their rallies, shouting more drivel. They are pathetic.

By the very fact that there's protests about every little thing now, no-one takes any notice of them now, other than for their nuisance factor. As Gordon says, what possible difference could these protests make to Trump?

Edited by walshie

Me and my other half were caught in all the traffic jams caused by all the protesters on our way too Hyde Park . Got talking to a cabbie next to us in the traffic and he was fuming about it his words were it’s just a bunch of waster pricks with nothing better to do . And all they were doing was costing every day working people and the country tens of thousands of pounds . The best thing they could do is shut up and  **** off. Couldn’t agree with him more.

The people who take advantage of free speech and constantly push the acceptable bounds of peaceful and respectful protest, will in my view increase the future possibility of these rights being curtailed/removed for everyone!....there should be a line......and when the line is crossed they should be required to account for their conduct.

For example the anti fieldsports extremists continually spew out lies, misinformation  and falsehoods which they should be required in law to substantiate.....if not we are all vulnerable to what is effectively "mob rule"

On 15/07/2018 at 10:00, poontang said:

No, nothing like it.

Since when did putting the interests of your own country and it's people before those of others make you some kind of power crazed nazi?

Since about 2000 by my reckoning.
Its been a slow burn, but in the last 5 or 6 years the left driven agenda of putting ANYONE before your own tax paying populace has gained epic proportions.
Overseas aid payments and preferential treatment for economic migrants and asylum seekers, whilst people, sometimes people who have served the country well, end up sleeping on the street.
Theyve made anyone who dissents against this, a 'far right' supporter , AKA  a nazi.

Pathetic, spineless people.

20 hours ago, Gordon R said:

He seems educated and sophisticated compared to the baying rabble.

Whilst the statement is true, I would not regard Trump as either coming across as well educated - and certainly not sophisticated compared to most politicians.  He just seems that way compared to the rabble.  I would class him as brash, opportunist, selfish, untruthful, manipulative and very probably a bully ....... as you can guess, I'm not a Trump supporter!

However - he is elected President and therefore Head of State of the USA, our ally.  As such he deserves a warm, respectful and polite welcome - simply as the holder of his office. 

You only have to look at those protesting (Corbyn, Kahn, Clegg etc.) - to realise these are either lefty 'join every protest' types, or in Cleggs case, of no relevance whatsoever.  In particular, the holders of public offices (Kahn and Corbyn) should be setting a good example and extending a welcome to the Head of State of a great ally and trading partner - and it is disgraceful the stance they have taken.

Just now, Muddy Funker said:

The behaviour of certain groups within the UK has been disgraceful.

Really showed us all up.

Sadly that behaviour seems to have become the norm, started at the top and filtered down?

Officialdom and the press love one word tags that totally destroy?

Edited by old man

33 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Whilst the statement is true, I would not regard Trump as either coming across as well educated - and certainly not sophisticated compared to most politicians.  He just seems that way compared to the rabble.  I would class him as brash, opportunist, selfish, untruthful, manipulative and very probably a bully ....... as you can guess, I'm not a Trump supporter!

However - he is elected President and therefore Head of State of the USA, our ally.  As such he deserves a warm, respectful and polite welcome - simply as the holder of his office. 

You only have to look at those protesting (Corbyn, Kahn, Clegg etc.) - to realise these are either lefty 'join every protest' types, or in Cleggs case, of no relevance whatsoever.  In particular, the holders of public offices (Kahn and Corbyn) should be setting a good example and extending a welcome to the Head of State of a great ally and trading partner - and it is disgraceful the stance they have taken.

hello john, i thought for a moment you were describing some of our MPs

36 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

This is the thing, the dangerous thing within politics in the western world.

WHO is protesting ?
Did people protest at the questionable antics of Clinton ?
Did people protest when Obama was elected POTUS, saying 'Not MY president'
Baby blimps insulting visiting heads of state, and condoned by the authorities ?

The division between left and right politics is being exploited to create conflict between people who never really thought much of it 20 - 30 years ago.
And it seems to be going mostly one way.
When the media reports a left wing protest, it is given significant airtime, mostly reported in a positive light, and the numbers of protesters greatly exaggerated .
A right wing protest becomes a 'far right ' protest, any footage usually involves the worst looking individuals or behaviour, and thats if it gets any airtime at all, numbers are usually played down.
The bias is extraordinary !
How can you base an opinion of someone on biased information ?

Im hearing people still say that Trump 'banned Muslims' from the USA and cages Mexican kids, he did neither, but the pretty obviously left controlled media (And yes that includes the 'unbiased BBC'  doesnt seem interested in correcting them anytime soon.
So what are your opinions based on ?
Who is gaining from the division ?

Who is protesting ?

When the media reports a left wing protest, it is given significant airtime, mostly reported in a positive light, and the numbers of protesters greatly exaggerated .
A right wing protest becomes a 'far right ' protest, any footage usually involves the worst looking individuals or behaviour, and thats if it gets any airtime at all, numbers are usually played down.
The bias is extraordinary !
How can you base an opinion of someone on biased information ?

Makes you think who's pulling the strings, above is Sky News to a tee, & do they milk it....

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello john, i thought for a moment you were describing some of our MPs

The description could fit quite a number of politicians, though there aren't so many UK ones I would describe as 'brash' in the way Trump is.  Those of ours who are wealthy (and there are a number) tend not to show it off with private jets etc.

The people who take advantage of free speech and constantly push the acceptable bounds of peaceful and respectful protest, will in my view increase the future possibility of these rights being curtailed/removed for everyone!....there should be a line......and when the line is crossed they should be required to account for their conduct.

For example the anti fieldsports extremists continually spew out lies, misinformation  and falsehoods which they should be required in law to substantiate.....if not we are all vulnerable to what is effectively "mob rule"

An astute post.

On 16/07/2018 at 11:08, JohnfromUK said:

+ 1

22 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Corbyn just protests against everything, he's a one trick dog. Clegg is desperate to get his face on TV at every opportunity. He will be in the jungle soon.

Kahn has to be seen as anti US to maintain his support base who are themselves anti US

Corbyn and Kahn hold official positions (for which they are paid from public funds).  They should therefore show respect to Britain's (and London's in Kahn's case) guests.

Clegg really doesn't matter as he holds no public post (that I am aware of anyway) and is an irrelevance.  (Mind you he was pretty much irrelevant when he did hold a public post).

Edited by JohnfromUK

My impression of Trump is that he is just thick (but very very rich too) and he should never be allowed out without a minder. 2hrs with Putin and he is brainwashed into believing what a nice man Vladimir is yet the rest of the world are scared stiff of the guy. How the USA allowed him to be elected I just cannot understand although my American family argued that they were just fed up with 50yrs of self-serving mega-wealthy political elite. 

hello, TRUMP is no thicko, he might make out to be that plus some more human traits, Putin once again looking at his body language did not want to be in that meeting, and the whole world know he is not a very nice man, oh except maybe the russians, well not all, and yes i am sure your family views were like many in the USA, just enough to put him in the white house, who would you rather have Hilary Clinton?? 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 hours ago, norfolk dumpling said:

although my American family argued that they were just fed up with 50yrs of self-serving mega-wealthy political elite. 

You could argue the same is happening over here. I know I'm feed up with the same old two horse race, especially when neither represents (in my mind anyway) the hard working people.