Trump Protests

norfolk dumpling

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, TRUMP is no thicko, he might make out to be that plus some more human traits, Putin once again looking at his body language did not want to be in that meeting, and the whole world know he is not a very nice man, oh except maybe the russians, well not all, and yes i am sure your family views were like many in the USA, just enough to put him in the white house, who would you rather have Hilary Clinton?? 

Trump is 72 years old, and he doesnt read from notes or screens , when he speaks publicly, he often does it off the cuff.
Sometimes he messes up and backtracks, I suppose he could have his speeches written for him and just be a talking head like Hillary and Obama were.
Putin is sharp, steely, hes probably killed people himself, maybe..depends on what the wests media want you to believe.
Hes probably quite tired of the Wests constant attempts to paint Russia as some sort of malevolent entity thats intent on world domination, an enemy of the everyone.

If you look at the figures though, they tell a different story.
Russia has no viable aircraft carriers, it doesnt 'project' its influence throughout the world, it doesnt pretend to be the worlds police force either.
Unlike the US.
 Russia spends around $60 bn a year on DEFENCE, a posture of defence has been the primary initiative of Russia since WW2.
The US spends 10 x that at least, as well as the combined assistance of NATO countries, the UK spends  $50 bn a year ,same as France, just $10 bn less than Russia !
We still call it defence though, which is peculiar, as much of it is spent on ATTACKS on other countries 'insurgents' and 'projecting'

So who is the aggressor ?

We know we cant trust our media to be balanced and unbiased, but yet we base our image of Putin and Russians in general, on that same media, and years of cold war films and James Bonds battles with the USSR.

Then when a US president tries to heal the rifts of generations before him, he gets called a traitor ect.
The lies and subterfuge really need to end at some point.
Peace is the endgame , not war.
Whats the point of diplomacy, if that is not the ultimate aim.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/07/2018 at 08:55, norfolk dumpling said:

What a waste of money, emotion and police time. I don't like the guy but USA elected him not us. He's also so thick skinned this is water off a ducks back and what did it achieve? I feel really sorry for both PM and QE2 having to meet, greet and shake hands with him. God, I cannot imagine what PM must feel like every morning when she wakes, turns on the radio or Internet and the realisation of what that poor lady has to face each day. I'm not a Tory - once was member of Labour Party (many years ago) - but I really do feel for her.

and yet no one says anything when those with blood on their hands comes to Britain?

9 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

You could argue the same is happening over here. I know I'm feed up with the same old two horse race, especially when neither represents (in my mind anyway) the hard working people.

The big big worry for us gun licence holders is the stated intention of our current crop of Labour MPs to remove all guns from public ownership other than those used for professional purposes. This would mean no game shooting, no wildfowling with only vermin shooting and culling of deer remaining. This follows fishfaces intentions north of the border. I don't like the excesses and wealth disparities of our current society but only the Tories will support our way of life.

5 minutes ago, norfolk dumpling said:

The big big worry for us gun licence holders is the stated intention of our current crop of Labour MPs to remove all guns from public ownership other than those used for professional purposes. This would mean no game shooting, no wildfowling with only vermin shooting and culling of deer remaining.

+1

20 hours ago, norfolk dumpling said:

This is of course pure class envy iro the thousands of working class folk who love to enjoy country sports. I'm not a Tory - I was briefly a member of the Labour Party back in the early '70s - but I can no other alternative other than to leave the country.

Sadly, I suspect that a lot of us think back on a missed opportunity to leave, certainly I have one, oh, hindsight a wonderful educator.

48 minutes ago, norfolk dumpling said:

I was offered a job in New Zealand many years ago but with the only grandkids on both sides I chickened out and have regretted it on many occasions.

Mine was South Africa a job waiting. Many regrets for being a chicken.

1 hour ago, Hamster said:

Never mind him, your friendly kids head choppin', human heart chewin', fake chemical attack stagin', Oscar award winnin' White Helmets are shortly due to be rehabilitated into our towns and cities. 

Yep, for services rendered.

On 18/07/2018 at 10:37, Rewulf said:

Trump is 72 years old, and he doesnt read from notes or screens , when he speaks publicly, he often does it off the cuff.
Sometimes he messes up and backtracks, I suppose he could have his speeches written for him and just be a talking head like Hillary and Obama were.
Putin is sharp, steely, hes probably killed people himself, maybe..depends on what the wests media want you to believe.
Hes probably quite tired of the Wests constant attempts to paint Russia as some sort of malevolent entity thats intent on world domination, an enemy of the everyone.

If you look at the figures though, they tell a different story.
Russia has no viable aircraft carriers, it doesnt 'project' its influence throughout the world, it doesnt pretend to be the worlds police force either.
Unlike the US.
 Russia spends around $60 bn a year on DEFENCE, a posture of defence has been the primary initiative of Russia since WW2.
The US spends 10 x that at least, as well as the combined assistance of NATO countries, the UK spends  $50 bn a year ,same as France, just $10 bn less than Russia !
We still call it defence though, which is peculiar, as much of it is spent on ATTACKS on other countries 'insurgents' and 'projecting'

We know we cant trust our media to be balanced and unbiased, but yet we base our image of Putin and Russians in general, on that same media, and years of cold war films and James Bonds battles with the USSR.

Then when a US president tries to heal the rifts of generations before him, he gets called a traitor ect.
The lies and subterfuge really need to end at some point.
Peace is the endgame , not war.
Whats the point of diplomacy, if that is not the ultimate aim.

Sadly, you are miles out when talking about Russian defence spending!  Since Putins rise to power , they have completely rebuilt their navy, (Check out Janes All the World,s navies) plus increased their spending on air power, (Janes All the World,s Aircraft) and put their Army on a non-conscript footing! They did this by spending the money made from selling the West gas, and oil ! Russia currently has one carrier, but are believed to be laying down the keels for 3 more. But who needs carriers when you have ICBM,s ?

Edited by pinfireman

1 hour ago, pinfireman said:

Sadly, you are miles out when talking about Russian defence spending!  Since Putins rise to power , they have completely rebuilt their navy, (Check out Janes All the World,s navies) plus increased their spending on air power, (Janes All the World,s Aircraft) and put their Army on a non-conscript footing! They did this by spending the money made from selling the West gas, and oil ! Russia currently has one carrier, but are believed to be laying down the keels for 3 more. But who needs carriers when you have ICBM,s ?

Have you seen Russia's carrier ? We sent a better one to the Falklands in the early 80s, their defence budget is 15 per cent of the yanks, and has only increased recently because the US has significantly increased theirs.

It's China you need to watch ,they spend 3x as much as Russia on 'defence'

23 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Have you seen Russia's carrier ? We sent a better one to the Falklands in the early 80s, their defence budget is 15 per cent of the yanks, and has only increased recently because the US has significantly increased theirs.

It's China you need to watch ,they spend 3x as much as Russia on 'defence'

I take China very seriously, but still keep an eye on Putin!

Spending more money than another country on defence does not make you a aggressor.