Skeet vest

eastlincs

Browning do a thing like a 'half vest' consisting of two bags and a belt, which you sling around your waist. There are several bag things which require a belt and do the same job, but the best thing for decent weight distribution is a shooting vest, mesh for tropical weather and full cotton or a waterproof type clay jacket,  for when it is not blisteringly hot.

Forgot to say, buy where you can try, the current clothing sizes are a joke  ! 

Edited by Westley

46 minutes ago, stevo said:

£60 for a branded name vest is a bargain ?buy it .

Not to fussed about it being branded why i was looking for a cheaper one. 

33 minutes ago, Westley said:

Browning do a thing like a 'half vest' consisting of two bags and a belt, which you sling around your waist. There are several bag things which require a belt and do the same job, but the best thing for decent weight distribution is a shooting vest, mesh for tropical weather and full cotton or a waterproof type clay jacket,  for when it is not blisteringly hot.

Forgot to say, buy where you can try, the current clothing sizes are a joke  ! 

That was the main reason i went into the shop today, im usualy a large in t-shirts, needed a XXL in the one i tried on lol

I take an XL in the Browning vest. I recently tried on a Beretta vest and even the XXXL was too tight.  ???  Laksen is another company who are tight on the fitment front !

WHY ?? seems a rather simple thing to standardise. Maybe it is National Master Plan to get us all to lose some weight     :lol:  

Edited by Westley

2 minutes ago, Westley said:

I take an XL in the Browning vest. I recently tried on a Beretta vest and even the XXXL was too tight.    Laksen is another company who are tight on the fitment front !

WHY ?? seems a rather simple thing to standardise. 

You'd of thought so wouldn't you. 

10 minutes ago, stevo said:

In that case your just gonna have to scan the shops where you can try on . To be honest your not gonna get one much cheaper then the £60 one you saw . Failing buy a cartridge pouch  , http://www.sportingkit.co.uk/wa/1/63/7725-Beretta-Uniform-Pro-Black-Cartridge-Pouch.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxdfKxp2f3AIVb7vtCh3q2wAGEAQYAiABEgKSLPD_BwE

It does look that way the more i look, might pop into derek lees monday just seen on there site they have got beretta and gmk ones for £50ish go give them a try on.

On 14/07/2018 at 22:43, eastlincs said:

Thanks for that ordered one. 

Someone got a bargain; nice one. :good:

I'm just hoping I have and haven't been done - if it seems to be too good to be true.....and all that. I gave up looking for the exWD shirts I was after for pigeon shooting in the main so took a punt here:

https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/NN2973/French-Connection-Mens-Plain-Flannel-Long-Sleeve-Shirt-Khaki

12 minutes ago, pjpj said:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/100-clay-shooting-gilet-or-gr-id_8382058.html

Wow, for £13.99 that's brilliant. I've never seen one at that price.

Only thing is not all stores stock them, so may have to pay to have it delivered. I have the one from the other link above (the 500 one) but was fortunate enough that my local decathlon stock shooting supplies. 

Can't knock the quality and it does the job. :good: