Bolting aloy to steel?

lancer425

I want to bolt aloy side plates to a mild steel motorbike rear mudguard, rubber gasket and both contact faces painted will stop Galvanic Oxidation but what about bolts/ rivets?  I thought some kind of stepped plastic washer with the step inside an oversised hole but no idea where to get such things, and any idea what bolt material would not attack the aloy as much. I thought titanium but for the coat, any other ideas please. I could use mild steel but wanted the thicker aloy without the equivalent in steels weight. 

Stainless nuts and bolts without any plastic insulation will work fine and they are a higher tensile strength than the equivalent size mild steel fastener.

You would need to be running it through the depths of winter on salty roads to get any serious corrosion.

3 hours ago, amateur said:

Stainless nuts and bolts without any plastic insulation will work fine and they are a higher tensile strength than the equivalent size mild steel fastener.

You would need to be running it through the depths of winter on salty roads to get any serious corrosion.

im no lecky...........would it be worth soldering a copper wire from the tub to the chassis......?