Driving in Norfolk.

Pigeon Shredder.

16 minutes ago, Sprinter said:

NFN

+1..............see it all the time....see a local bloke the other day wearing a kilt driving up the road on a motor bike with one leg towing a trailer tied onto the mudgaurd with a bit of rope....

We would never do that in Suffolk...

We use binder twine for everything.   If it was ever banned then half the buildings in the county would fall down and all farm machinery over five years old would grind to a halt.

My ancient landy would disintegrate. 

2 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Reading the news yesterday and a man was stopped by the police whilst driving his car sitting on a bucket and using a pair of mole grips attached to the steering column to actually steer the car.

I dont think the Police were to bothered by the use of the mole grips & bucket, it was the fact that it was untaxed that they are charging him !! ?

2 hours ago, JJsDad said:

I dont think the Police were to bothered by the use of the mole grips & bucket, it was the fact that it was untaxed that they are charging him !! ?

Everdently no tax was the least of his problems, report quoted too many offences noted at the time of arrest for a single charge to be issued. ?

2 hours ago, Grandalf said:

We would never do that in Suffolk...

We use binder twine for everything.   If it was ever banned then half the buildings in the county would fall down and all farm machinery over five years old would grind to a halt.

My ancient landy would disintegrate. 

Norfolk must be just the same I bought a Series two land rover off a bloke from Wells  all the seat fobs were made from bats of straw in fertilizer bags bound with sisal baler twine, wrapped in hessian sacks. 

41 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Norfolk must be just the same I bought a Series two land rover off a bloke from Wells  all the seat fobs were made from bats of straw in fertilizer bags bound with sisal baler twine, wrapped in hessian sacks. 

Luxury, sheer luxury.

Tha should of seen t'Yorkshire spec

On 15 July 2018 at 08:36, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Reading the news yesterday and a man was stopped by the police whilst driving his car sitting on a bucket and using a pair of mole grips attached to the steering column to actually steer the car.

lmprovisation or just another Norfolk engineering achievement ?

Normal for Norfolk - have you not seen the programme?

On 15/07/2018 at 10:55, Grandalf said:

My father used it as a belt to tie up his coat.  I've still got a shovel in the shed mended with the stuff.  And my grandfather wove a cat bed out of it.

The car was also missing a front light, a wing and had a flat tyre.  I'd guess they were not from Norfolk, or the UK but I bet they felt right at home.