Free stuff and some advice please.

Eyefor

In some recently acquired barns we have been kindly left the following -

2 x 45 gal / 205L steel drums full of (what I assume is) old oil.

20+ old tractor tyres of various sizes.

About 40 litres white spirit / turps.

About 50 (best guess) used (but reusable) big bags. Some are 1.5Mt onion bags. Most appear to be bottom dump.

I assume the bags and maybe the turps could be of use to some one, but are any of these items of any use to anyone on here please? (Can you burn old old in a heater, could the tyres be used for a racetrack)?

Alternatively, where do I dispose old oil, tyres and turps please?

Located near Peterborough (postcode PE8).

Thanks in advance.

57 minutes ago, Eyefor said:
In some recently acquired barns we have been kindly left the following -

2 x 45 gal / 205L steel drums full of (what I assume is) old oil.

20+ old tractor tyres of various sizes.

About 40 litres white spirit / turps.

About 50 (best guess) used (but reusable) big bags. Some are 1.5Mt onion bags. Most appear to be bottom dump.

I assume the bags and maybe the turps could be of use to some one, but are any of these items of any use to anyone on here please? (Can you burn old old in a heater, could the tyres be used for a racetrack)?

Alternatively, where do I dispose old oil, tyres and turps please?

Located near Peterborough (postcode PE8).

Thanks in advance.

the white spirits shouldnt be a problem , id have it myself if i was closer.

it might be worth knocking on a few farmers doors to see if the tractor tyres are of any use (most likely to hold the plastic down on top of the clamp), it could prove costly if you have to pay to get rid of them though. are any of them decent enough to be used on a tractor ?.

most council tips will take waste oil , alternatively , oil recycling companies used to collect and buy it , but im guessing that youd have to pay these days.

i wouldnt really have a clue about the big bags , but again , it might be worth knocking on a few farm doors.

Very often used tractor tyres advertised on facebook. If there's a bit of wear left they could be of use to someone.

I disposed of a few for strongman training and the rest i took to a tyre disposal centre, had to pay but it wasn't what I would call fortunes.

I had the same problem. The tyres were car and cost me £3 each to dispose of. 

Oil wasn’t half as much but I decanted it into an old 20l container and tipped it in the councils big oil disposal every time I passed. 

Drain a bit off and see if it’s actually used if not someone will have it. 

Thanks for all replies.

The tyres look to be heading to a local recycling plant that offer a collection service (price tba but I'm advised it is not too much) and the oil I will see what it it before deciding what to do - there was a local suggestion that it could be unused.

The white spirit / turps and the ags I will hang on to for now because they must be ofuse to someone. I might try Freecycle etc.
Edited by Eyefor