Lockable internal door

clumber

Does anyone have the above to secure one parparticular room of the house?

Care staff will need to gain access to the house while I'm working so I want a room locked off.

What type of door would be best, moulded, fire door, solid wood etc, to fit a decent lock or locks too?

44 minutes ago, screamingdead said:

Swapped all our internal doors to Howdens 4 Panel Clear Pine doors and took the opportunity to add a Yale push button door lock onto one door along with a couple of hinge bolts.

Hadn't thought of hinge bolts, put on the list. Thanks ?

If it’s a 35 mm door you can’t fit a 5 lever lock correctly and it’s pointless as it’s not recognised by insurance etc.

if you’ve got slamming strips you’ll be able to remove them and push them back 10mm to fit a fd 30 door and fit a 5 lever lock. 

Only 3 lever locks fit in 35mm doors and they’re useless. 

Hinge bolts are great but pointless again on an inwards opening door and if the walls are plaster/stud. 

Edited by team tractor

52 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Hinge bolts are great but pointless again on an inwards opening door and if the walls are plaster/stud

All walls are stone and brick. 

I wouldn't be bothered about having to switch the door around so it opens outwards, may even be a better option.

6 minutes ago, Rst1990 said:

If it was me I would just fit a new door handle with lock. I doubt care staff would be kicking a door down. Anything of any value is better off in a safe.

With the care staff needing access I have to provide a keysafe outside. It's the thought of that key, even though it's locked up, being outside that bothers me.

I'd rather shut the door before the horse bolts. 

May be think about fitting a shed/garage alarm to the room that you need to keep secure. Nothing is going to guarantee 100% protection, but an alarm going off  might just give you the edge.

If you had a proper alarm system fitted you can zone areas even when the carers are on site, with cctv cameras fitted as well, they can be linked directly to your phone and also give the cared for patient their own push button alarm.

Good luck with what you decide.

4 hours ago, team tractor said:

If it’s a 35 mm door you can’t fit a 5 lever lock correctly and it’s pointless as it’s not recognised by insurance etc.

if you’ve got slamming strips you’ll be able to remove them and push them back 10mm to fit a fd 30 door and fit a 5 lever lock. 

Only 3 lever locks fit in 35mm doors and they’re useless. 

Hinge bolts are great but pointless again on an inwards opening door and if the walls are plaster/stud. 

Do this☝️ and fit and intruder alarm in the room or one of those ring door bell thingys they are brilliant.

On 16/07/2018 at 18:31, Dougy said:

Knickers they were cheap mounts anyway lol

Apologies to the OP, but the mental anguish you caused to Flyboy that day still troubles him. Every time we visit the scene of your crime he wails about it. Pork pies may just sooth him? ?

Thanks all for replying, given me a few ideas. The lock box that Dougy put a link up for looks solid enough.

Spoken to a couple of friends who are also licence holders and in a similar situation an they've given me plenty of ideas to think about.

I may be going OTT with the security but I don't want to give the FEO anything to complain about and also to give me peace of mind.

Thanks again, Clumber.