Bars or Mesh

Lloyd90

Going to order a Mitton Hall Blenheim Kennel and not sure whether to get bars or mesh.

I think the mesh is £1325 and the bars are £1525... normally with panels the mesh is the more expensive one...

Anyways, some people have said on FB that they always get bars as some dogs can climb out of mesh, as the Blenheim is sort of self contained with a roof etc, that shouldn't be an issue, but if bars are much better for some other reason then I'm open to hear it... 

Anyone have experience of both? 

Edited by Lloyd90

30 minutes ago, squirrel shooter said:

My kennel has got mesh, never been a problem but the next kennel I get will be bars for sure. I am thinking about the security side of it. Can see someone snipping through mesh with a pair of bolt cutters in no time. And of course a good padlock to go along with the kennel.

I was told recently that bar can easily be opened up with a car jack, whereas mesh would need a grinder.

40 minutes ago, Penelope said:

I was told recently that bar can easily be opened up with a car jack, whereas mesh would need a grinder.

That’s exactly what I was told by a good friend of mine the other day. 

Also stops people sticking their hands in and feeding the dogs stuff they’re not supposed to etc 

In the end I’ve gone for mesh as my pup will slip through the bars atm and I do fancy a cocker in the future :) 

To be honest the security issue is a non starter, bars or mesh if someone wants ur dog they will get it. Weld mesh is easily cut with decent snips or small bolt cutters

Usually any panel is just fastened at the corner with 2 bolts anyway, so no matter wot security/padlocks etc u could dismantle most with 2 spanners (possibly even just ur fingers)

if u go for bars i'd go for 5cm bars as pupp proof even for cockers

4 hours ago, scotslad said:

To be honest the security issue is a non starter, bars or mesh if someone wants ur dog they will get it. Weld mesh is easily cut with decent snips or small bolt cutters

Usually any panel is just fastened at the corner with 2 bolts anyway, so no matter wot security/padlocks etc u could dismantle most with 2 spanners (possibly even just ur fingers)

if u go for bars i'd go for 5cm bars as pupp proof even for cockers

Very true.