ASE ULTRA MODERATOR

Gerry78

Yes Dougy he told me sometimes newness of some moderators bit tight and there was one turn he made on one thread at top of the barrel  with hes machine job took literally 5 mins ask him what i owed him and he said nothing Real nice guy so bought mounts which he put on and some 222 ammo Will go back to him get money gathered up buy scope of him prob be S@B He said if decide buy scope of him hel mount it bore sight the rifle for me and hes a 100 yard rifle range hel help me zero it when im there save me doing it on farm land i hunt on  Some difference than the guy who i bought moderator off who the last 10 years has made a small fortune off me but didnt bother hes **** even checking moderator out for me aaah well hes loss

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 15:20, Gerry78 said:

Just update guys brought cz 222 down to gunsmith couple turns on machine moderator fitted barrel he didn’t even charge me for it so bought some 222 ammo and mounts of him happydays ?

8DFD93D3-2B53-4FCD-B68B-F9D66DBF4AE5.jpeg

4BBA10A8-621F-4397-9A69-708EDC5135F4.jpeg

Good to see the situation resolved, now you just have to get used to that lump on the end of the barrel.  I like these mods, from the point of view they seem to work quite well, but they can cause all sorts of balance issues.    :good:

They are bloody good moderators, the SLs allot lighter than the original S5s, the thing on the end of the rifle makes it a dam sight more comfortable to shoot, regardless of c.f. calibre. And the 222 is an awesome .calibre and far underrated

Edited by Dougy

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

They are bloody good moderators, the SLs allot lighter than the original S5s, the thing on the end of the rifle makes it a dam sight more comfortable to shoot, regardless of c.f. calibre. And the 222 is an awesome .calibre and far underrated

I'll give you, the S5 was a monumental lump, I had one, but it worked well!

Cheers lads for the price i payed for the CZ 222 it’s immaculate do me for foxing couple times a year Not much difference between 222 or 223.Moderator not much weight on it most of my shooting be summer evenings waiting out on charlie so be using a bi pod on the hill ?

The original S5 that I had was a heavy lump for sure, but it did work well.

From comments above I'm getting the impression that the later incarnation is lighter but doesn't work very well.

So whichever way you look at it, not much use!

Edited by Dekers

Well lads was out zeroing the wee 222 the ase ultra working a dream the crack of the round no problem mate brought hes 204 ruger out he has T8AR Moderator on hes  barrel  and my 222 was quieter so i dont know why some posting the ASE IS LOUD im happy enough Billy yes i take my 22lr and 222 moderators off mate storing them in cabinets