anybody got a new model atm 5x20 pro4

I didnt think the 4k was out in this country yet ?
If it is , then Ive heard they have a lot of software problems.

However, if we are talking the ATN x sight 1 or 2...
Make sure your IR torch is aligned correctly, the one that comes with it is ajustable, but after market (better) ones MAY need an adjustable mount, if you have a grainy image, its possible the torch is not switched on ,or on a low setting.
They are quite critical on focus too.

If it is a 4K , I cant help you ,because I dont know anyone thats got one yet, I would take it back to where you bought it for further help.

This is an x sight mk 1

Image result for atn x sight

Edited by Rewulf

5 minutes ago, fister said:

V1 and V2 don’t exactly inspire me with confidence for future models. Unless you are ‘pro staff’ of course?

I know what you mean, ATN have a reputation for releasing hardware long before the operating system is ready.
As is the case with the 4K. 

However,I am very pleased with my Mk 1, latest software upgrade is a must, makes all the difference, but sadly most people dont bother, as its too much 'trouble' couple it with a good torch, and youre good for 200 yards plus.

28 minutes ago, fister said:

It’s like selling a car needing it’s first service before you can drive it

Agreed, or buying one and having to top the oil and water up every month, like a friend of mine did with a new Audi, was told that was normal by the dealer !

2 hours ago, propercartridges said:

yes thats the one      far to complicated for me does every flaming thing   video  music  rangefinder    but cannot get it to shoot rabbits    goes all grainey like television finished    any ideas   cheers  george

i did have the xsight II and i think im right in thinking the basic set up is the same ....update being the most important then run through the zeroing ... not sure on you location but would be happy to go through the set up with you..

6 minutes ago, propercartridges said:

a little its  shooting good     but needs more work   very complicated       we need  basics like a day one    shud get meself away and find a factory to make   totaly basic but good uns   cheers  george

hello, i agree george looking at Rewolfs MK 1 why do you need WFI or GPS, i do not know where ATN get these made but i would find the same as yourself, i am now looking at a replacement for my MK 1 photon, which maybe a day scope an add on to use in winter on my rimfire CZ

16 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i agree george looking at Rewolfs MK 1 why do you need WFI or GPS, i do not know where ATN get these made but i would find the same as yourself, i am now looking at a replacement for my MK 1 photon, which maybe a day scope an add on to use in winter on my rimfire CZ

Id have a chat with Dave G see what he can do for you, a nice near eye add on perhaps ?

As far as the x sight goes , I dont use the wifi or GPS ,it does all kinds of stuff you dont need ?

If you use it during the day, I dont personally, but many people do, just switch it on and shoot.
If you want to record, (I dont), then thats the only additional thing to figure out.

At night ,same again, select night mode, switch your IR on and shoot.

No need for all that silly stuff lol!

Edited by Rewulf

6 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Id have a chat with Dave G see what he can do for you, a nice near eye add on perhaps ?

As far as the x sight goes , I dont use the wifi or GPS ,it does all kinds of stuff you dont need ?

If you use it during the day, I dont personally, but many people do, just switch it on and shoot.
If you want to record, (I dont), then thats the only additional thing to figure out.

At night ,same again, select night mode, switch your IR on and shoot.

No need for all that silly stuff lol!

hello, thanks for that, yes Dave G i have known many years from the shooting forums, his ideas have helped many a shooter on night vision including myself,  i have in mind my next night vision set up, hoping i can get myself sorted before the dark nights behold