Wireless thermostat

mecman

We have a salus wireless and been no problem for 3 years or so

10 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Have you looked at the salus st620  -  we have the hard wired version atm which responds adequately fast, the RF version is the same unit with the added Rf.

You don't want  too fast response as it tends to create hunting.

Hi, 

I went the Hive route when my previous thermostat decided it no longer wanted to work, since moving to Hive I've added a few plugs and bulbs to the system and it's pretty good for controlling home automation (especially if you work odd hours), it's handy being able to make sure heating is off if you're out longer than expected etc.

I think I picked the full kit up from eBay for £120ish and it only took an hour to fit and configure.

1 hour ago, Deker said:

Hi, 

I went the Hive route when my previous thermostat decided it no longer wanted to work, since moving to Hive I've added a few plugs and bulbs to the system and it's pretty good for controlling home automation (especially if you work odd hours), it's handy being able to make sure heating is off if you're out longer than expected etc.

I think I picked the full kit up from eBay for £120ish and it only took an hour to fit and configure.

I went down the Hive route as I like gadgets. I must say that it is one of the few gadgets that I own that is simple to use and works all of the time. A very useful piece of kit.