Tomorrow in Northamptonshire

Naeem

Well done fella. A bit of thought and effort and you got the rewards :)

Only 2 pigeon for me, as when I arrived on the farm all I could see were rooks on a freshly cut hay field, so I put out a dozen crow decoys and used 'black-birds' to get my eye in ready for when I have fresh stubble to shoot pigeon over. Ended the day with 47 rooks, 2 jackdaws and 2 pigeons that were daft enough to fly right across in front of the hide.

A lot of members on here with far more experience than you would have been very happy to end the day on what you finished up with , so very well done and I enjoyed your write up .

I don't know what county lay the bag out like that  , but I know one county it certainly isn't☺️

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/07/2018 at 19:24, marsh man said:

I don't know what county lay the bag out like that  , but I know one county it certainly isn't☺️

It ain't the Norfolk Heap!  And it ain't the Birminghamshire Regimental Pigeon Display.

I can only offer a suggestion it's a new style called the "Northants Spread" :)

Edited by Jim Neal

Well done , great report and good fieldcraft. The display is individual and unique. Again well done and for the future remember what works.

9 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

It ain't the Norfolk Heap!  And it ain't the Birminghamshire Regimental Pigeon Display.

I can only offer a suggestion it's a new style called the "Northants Spread"

Well done Jim I like it!!!!

10 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

I can only offer a suggestion it's a new style called the "Northants Spread"

I like that Jim , its got a certain ring about it , or square in your case :lol:

Keep up the good work , and I hope you have got bigger and better days to come .

Those birds aren't just lain out in that way for the picture guys. That's the best way to set up a decoy pattern in Northants ! We do like things to be neat and orderly you know ;)

You might not believe that :rolleyes:, in which case we will have to agree that the OP is probably a good enough shot to have dropped them right there, in nice neat lines, to keep them easy to count and collect as well as letting some air round them so they cool nicely :lol: