mec 600 bushes

yes cookoff the bush in the loader is number 30,,,,its dropping 19 grains have checked it every time on redding powder beam scales,loaded many 1000,s years ago useing nobel powders, but loading 20gauge and modern powders is new to me,,,so need some help on it,,,last powder i bought for wildfowling b4 the lead ban was blue dot,i have a printout of mec bushes and what load they drop,,,but maxam powders are not listed.

11 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

ok good people just tried my new 2nd hand mec reloader in 20g,biggest powder bush i have is no30 its dropping 19grains of psb2,i need 23grains,so who can tell me which bush i need to buy to get correct weight.thanks.

Did you check for bushes in the blue box, there was a few for twenty?

Guest cookoff013

can you do me a favour? can you check your recipe again. because thats an awful lot of powder, and it coincidently is the same abount that should be used in 12gauge. 

just check now !!

the print out from clay and game gives the data as 65mm pt,cx2000 primer,23.0/1.49 psb2,  3mmcard+16mm f/w shot 24 grams, vm.fps 1316, crimp,pressure bar @1"560.10, so you are telling me this data from them is incorrect.is that right.

Guest cookoff013

I actually believe the data. I really do. But it looks very inefficient. It's a slow powder, and is designed for 28gram loads in 20bore. It's like they got a 28gram load and put in 24g. As the load looks so inefficient, it looks bad for the gauge, as in it takes 23grain to get 560bar. The only loads that get close to those powder charges is hodgdons long shot. And that's as as low anyone would want to go. The lead weight makes the load a slight expensive lemon. This is just more opinion. 

Like i said earler i was asking for myself its up to you have you go about your bussines.

I will start of a couple with 18 grains and work up i am not worred about my gun blowing up but i am worred about trying to pick my sandwich up with couple fingers missing.

this data was given to me with the mec i bought along with 2 tubs of psb2 powder so i am going to use it up,i will look further into it for other loads that maybe better,i dont see how a1 would be cheaper to load,it costs £38 50 a tub,while maxam is £22 50 a tub.but have blue dot available for 28gram loads should i wish to use it,also lookin for data for no80/no82 powder to use that up as well.i first started to reload way back about 1972,but since the lead ban have stopped wildfowling so have had a layoff,,,hence i,m not upto speed with some modern powders.

this data was given to me with the mec i bought along with 2 tubs of psb2 powder so i am going to use it up,i will look further into it for other loads that maybe better,i dont see how a1 would be cheaper to load,it costs £38 50 a tub,while maxam is £22 50 a tub.but have blue dot available for 28gram loads should i wish to use it,also lookin for data for no80/no82 powder to use that up as well.i first started to reload way back about 1972,but since the lead ban have stopped wildfowling so have had a layoff,,,hence i,m not upto speed with some modern powders. thanks cervus man have sent pm with email ad.