SIARM shipping

Haven't used them for a couple of years and it appears that free shipping is now over 1000 euro

And shipping is actually 35 euro on top to cover any hazmat components.

Does any one local to Reading/Farnham/Bisley want to share an order?

I plan on getting a load of 410 cases/wads and 12g slug cases and slugs.

Guest cookoff013
2 hours ago, Seadog1408 said:

I was over at johns on Tuesday to pick up some equipment, very pleasant gent to deal with.

mike

yeah, he`s a cool guy.

Ordered 1000 20 bore primed cases from folkstone eng wednesday lunch time was here 10.30 thursday morning £79.50 incuding postage.

Siams have gone over top with postage and i think C/G wanted 12.50 hundred plus postage.

Edited by snow white

On 19/07/2018 at 13:16, Continental Shooter said:

I buy here these days http://negozio.ricaricamunizioni.it/epages/52905.mobile/?ObjectPath=/Shops/52905 

Much better shipping rates

FES is also reasonable but can't ship unfortunately

Great if you speak Italian, sadly most of us don,t!  If they are serious about doing business across Europe, you might ask them to provide an English translation across the website?

FES are good on prices i think he is genuine too wants to make money without being too greedy.

Big cartridge firms over here could help the reloader far more than they do, but they would rather ensure they get every last penny to themselves and even when they will sell components which is rare they want the earth for them.

Only cartridge firm in the uk still prepared to try and be fair on component prices is Proper cartridges George young, i refuse to give any other British cartridge firm any of my money for ammo futile perhaps but its all i can do to show my disrespect for the line Gamebore Hull Express etc take with the reloader.

35 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

I think someone blurted out online that SIARM were shipping  primed cases without Hazmat.....that sent the free shipping down the toilet! Always someone opens mouth before putting brain in gear!

Sadly so often the case in the shooting world i had a nice little thing going with scrap shells until the wagging tongues coppled with greed stopped that dead for everybody.

10 hours ago, pinfireman said:

I think someone blurted out online that SIARM were shipping  primed cases without Hazmat.....that sent the free shipping down the toilet! Always someone opens mouth before putting brain in gear!

Yup, that's what happened and also one of the founders left the company leaving the last remaining member to fill in the void causing disruptions of a sorts with stocks and shipping

how come everything within eu shooting related and maybe other sports is and always has been dearer than items exported to the us without the exchange rate three times dearer cant wait to leave eu and negotiate better deals with other countries  Italian guns Spanish powders etc are far cheaper in the us  despite carriage and import duties than can be bought in the uk   are we being ripped off here 

11 hours ago, Saltings said:

how come everything within eu shooting related and maybe other sports is and always has been dearer than items exported to the us without the exchange rate three times dearer cant wait to leave eu and negotiate better deals with other countries  Italian guns Spanish powders etc are far cheaper in the us  despite carriage and import duties than can be bought in the uk   are we being ripped off here 

That,s true! I came back recently from the USA, and having visited Cabelas, Bass Pro and Scheels, I can assure you that this is the case! EU rip off!

Pity SIARM are in Sardinia! I know a trucker who visits Northern Italy once every 6 weeks....If I can get a contact on the mainland, I am sure my guy would pick stuff up  (But NO Hazmat stuff)

16 hours ago, Saltings said:

We are being ripped off the sooner we leave the last 40 years of EU behind us the better. The UK had a place in the world before membership and can manage outside EU. I wish Westminster would just exit now and get on with building new trade deals. Don't know what Scottish government are doing??

46 minutes ago, MAB1954 said:

We are being ripped off the sooner we leave the last 40 years of EU behind us the better. The UK had a place in the world before membership and can manage outside EU. I wish Westminster would just exit now and get on with building new trade deals. Don't know what Scottish government are doing??

Oh what wishful thinking- check out the prices in Norway my friend, come to that, south east Asia.....

23 minutes ago, MAB1954 said:

I'm not so sure, we will never get US prices but we never use to be as expensive as many in Europe.

Look at Sterling/dollar and Sterling/Euro charts for last ten years and it will give you an indication why.

Although the picture for Sterling/Euro is not so clear as for 2015 up until the Referendum it was trading at a decent level, but those who are thinking ten years plus ago will remember the initial Sterling / Euro rates of almost 1:2 in Sterling’s favour and hence it made anything here look cheaper than our European counterparts.

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Look at Sterling/dollar and Sterling/Euro charts for last ten years and it will give you an indication why.

Although the picture for Sterling/Euro is not so clear as for 2015 up until the Referendum it was trading at a decent level, but those who are thinking ten years plus ago will remember the initial Sterling / Euro rates of almost 1:2 in Sterling’s favour and hence it made anything here look cheaper than our European counterparts.

My visit to the USA, 2008, I got 1.96 dollars to the pound. And that was tourist rate.   What you fail to mention is that, in many of the countries where prices are high, it,s often due to that countries tax regime! And NOT the exchange rate!  We pay 20% VAT, an EU tax! Once gone, that could be cut!