Shotgun cert full ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

I have no spaces left on mine so is it a matter of applying for an extra page to be sent to me or have i got to send my one off for renewal.

It has 2 yrs left on it.

Thanks all.

Mine is away at present, for just this very thing. The last occasion that this happened (quite a few years ago), I simply phoned the Firearms Department and they posted out another page, which I duly stapled to my Certificate, no problem.  Now I have had to post it to The Firearms Department, who are attaching another page   ?????

1 hour ago, Westley said:

Mine is away at present, for just this very thing. The last occasion that this happened (quite a few years ago), I simply phoned the Firearms Department and they posted out another page, which I duly stapled to my Certificate, no problem.  Now I have had to post it to The Firearms Department, who are attaching another page   ?????

No they don't attach another page ! See the correct answer by Walshie....

Edited by Snoozer

3 hours ago, walshie said:

Send it off. They'll transfer the handwritten ones to the shotguns owned section, freeing up the space where you write. 

1 minute ago, Snoozer said:

No they don't add a page ! See the correct answer by Walshie....

Surely they will only transfer the 'hand written ones' IF you still own them. But I can assure you that adding a page USED to be the normal system in my current Force area.

Just now, spot on said:

just request a fresh page you should get one by return of post .,,got a fresh one tother week no problem

Thank you.   :good:  

Yes they only transfer the "handwritten ones" that you actually own, so your SGC matches their records. Same as if you lost your SGC and they sent you a replacement - which is what this is.

Not sure what's wrong with my explanation of hand written, unless whoever you bought guns off typed the details in.