Trail Cams

Walker570

I have one trail cam which I have had for a long time and it appears not to want to take night shots or sometimes even daytime, so I looked at the possibilities of buying a new one.

The choice is endless but my attention was drawn to a very cheap make CAMPARK and I had a look on youtube and there was a good review on there by a guy up north somewhere by his accent.

The shots he had taken with his camera where excellent and his review appeared very honest SOOOOOO !!  I had a look on Anazon and found them priced up at less than £50 and ordered two.

They just arrived today and look pretty robust on the outside. Need a couple of the micro SDs and 16 AA batteries, so cannot get them fired up and tested before Monday, but I will report back as to the performance and put up some of the photos........ if there are any that is.  So watch this space.      When other cameras are six times the amount, if these work reasonably well they have got to be good value.

I've commented on trial camera's before and my opinion is that your not looking for photos to enter in the country file calendar. You want to know what's out there and what time, yes you want to be able recognise what it is if course ie fox or cat, Muntjac or Roe. But my opinion again is the more camera's you have out there at one time the better.  You can follow their path in and out of your perm, get a better understanding of tneir habbits. I have the one mentioned and find it's really good,  I've still got a Bushnell trophy cam from nearly 18 years ago still performing well, they were around £150 then so they have come down in price considerably. 

Well, had them both running overnight and some daylight time and must say I am impressed considering the price.  Night shots are very good with lots of reach. Day shots nice and crisp and I chose the middle of the road settings.  Think I might just buy two more on results so far.  Can then cover 4 places where I could only cover one with the more expensive models available.

DSCF0214 (800x600).jpg

DSCF0022 (800x600).jpg