nice day

yickdaz

didn't have to take any birds to the dealers today so could get out and look earlier than last week, I was told that 2 rape fields  had been cut right next to our perm so we headed out to look at that, we have a couple of cut grass fields that borders one rape stubble and barley stubble next to the other, no surprise they wanted the rape stubbles good lines going in to both somebody turned up and drove onto one field and started setting up so we went to the other and set up on the grass  about 12.30 pm as near as possible to the flightlines this was the 3rd time in a row we have set up on fields the pigeons  didn't want but manged to pull them off the flightlines with a magnet a  flapper and a load of decoys had a steady day in the hide I moved to a small oak that birds were flighting to and over  midway through the session  and just flighted them for an hour or so and added 20 to the bag we  finished at 6pm  final pick up was 71 with about 10 lost all of them steel shot so pleased I have enough birds for the orders  I have with the  bird of prey guys although might shoot a few more tomorrow for them with a bit of luck I,m just looking forward to shooting a field the birds are actually going on  

IMG_20180721_181450 (1024x768).jpg

Edited by yickdaz

Well done Daz, we have done this a number of times and it amazes me that you can pull them off the feeding line. That's how the magnets and flappers work as they are a communal birds and " like to be together". 

Like you the rapter market is booming and the human consumption diminishing it would appear. Perhaps we should have a PR program exstolling the aphrodisiac properties of Pigeon breast and hold up JDog as our champion, just to stimulate the market. 

Well done again and I await your further reports.

3 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

Well done Daz, we have done this a number of times and it amazes me that you can pull them off the feeding line. That's how the magnets and flappers work as they are a communal birds and " like to be together". 

Like you the rapter market is booming and the human consumption diminishing it would appear. Perhaps we should have a PR program exstolling the aphrodisiac properties of Pigeon breast and hold up JDog as our champion, just to stimulate the market. 

Well done again and I await your further reports.

Nah I heard he is a bit of a diva and would be a nightmare at the marketing photoshoot  

That is what pigeon shooting is all about , being adaptable and taking advantage of what is on offer , well done , a very good thought out bag .

P S..... By the way , your grass look in good condition compared to ours , since hay making more than three weeks ago, the grass is still Yellow with hardly any growth and still no sign of rain .