New BASC wildfowling officer

holloway

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James was a regional officer in the South West.  He is a member i believe of a couple of South West clubs as well as shooting all over.

He is a sound guy, younger than most i seen the foreshore, oh, and his dad stars in one or two black and white, 8mm films on fowling (soundtrack available on wax cylinders)

... Chris Green 

?

1 hour ago, ClemFandango said:

BASC are involved in Wildfowling?

BASC...........formerly known as "Wildfowlers Association of Britain and Ireland" (WAGBI) but you'd never know it!

45 minutes ago, Kalahari said:

Well certainly wildfowlers don't vote for people who are wildfowlers to get onto council!

David.

Some regularly do!

11 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I feel   James Green will go on to compliment the excellent work BASC do for wildfowling.

I can't tell if that is an honest comment or sarcasm, an insult to James Green or a compliment to BASC. 

I don't know James Green but he's going to have to be some man if he is going to get BASC to do anything meaningful for Wildfowlers.  

Edited by ClemFandango

I think having a fella who loves wildfowling will be better than someone who takes a BASC position just for the job and benefit   All wildfowlers But also agree that the sport of wildfowling isn’t on the level as other field sports as far as being promoted and better rights for clubs etc I honestly think some people look down there noises at duck shooters have experience it on paid pheasant shoots guns making comments about mud and water etc But give me a early morning out on the marsh or foreshore anyday over getting pheasants driven over you Suppose only time will tell 

5 minutes ago, ClemFandango said:

I can't tell if that is an honest comment or sarcasm, an insult to James Green or a compliment to BASC. 

I don't know James Green but he's going to have to be some man if he is going to get BASC to do anything meaningful for Wildfowlers.  

OH trust me its honest no sarcasm implied whatsoever, to James Green or BASC, as as for complimenting BASC!

BASC do an excellent job supporting wildfowlers the length and breadth of the country with a unmatched knowledge base built up over a great many years with staff well versed in the requirements of wildfowlers and wildfowling clubs.  BASC do much work some just fail to appreciate this, and chose to berate where possible our best representative body in these difficult times we find our selves in today.

12 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

OH trust me its honest no sarcasm implied whatsoever, to James Green or BASC, as as for complimenting BASC!

BASC do an excellent job supporting wildfowlers the length and breadth of the country with a unmatched knowledge base built up over a great many years with staff well versed in the requirements of wildfowlers and wildfowling clubs.  BASC do much work some just fail to appreciate this, and chose to berate where possible our best representative body in these difficult times we find our selves in today.

Is this a joke post?

7 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Crikey. 

I admire your optimism. 

16 minutes ago, greenergp said:

At least he will be someone who actively goes Wildfowling and not some Pheasant shooting hooray henry that thinks "Wildfowling" is shooting Geese in a field or Ducks at a fed pond.

Lets hope he can make some changes in BASC they are needed.

The appointment of James Green will indeed fill the void many feel as been for to long lacking within BASC , but remember he is just one part of the wildfowling team, many who are no way wildfowlers but still do an excellent job assisting wildfowlers work hard supporting the clubs.  It is these people i feel need far more recognition than they get from far too many these days.

7 hours ago, lancer425 said:

No it certainly isn't you seem to have the Monopoly on that.

Well, could you explain exactly what Basc have done for the sport recently?

How about being complicit in the limiting of visits to club members on certain marshes?

How about not opposing NE over consents?

They have been great for our sport!

3 hours ago, motty said:

They have been great for our sport!

Well you got that part right anyway.

BASC are not miracle workers, they quietly get on with assisting wildfowlers and wildfowling clubs where and if they can, they can only work with what they are given and some times wildfowlers and entire clubs chose to seek advice and support from others and in such cases BASC have to respect these derisions and then have to stand aside and let things develop.

Sadly not all decisions are necessarily good for these wildfowlers / clubs, but BASC being respectfull of their choice leads to them on occasion being blamed for events they had no hand in causing .

BASC have had issues re management in recent times, people have come and gone but thankfully the more steadfast staff on the wildfowling team are still there working to asist wildfowlers where they can and indeed if they want to involve BASC. It is in effect business as usual at BASC rather than cheery pick the less than straightforward questions on wildfowling in recent times it might be more productive to look at the real world day to day contribution these people make to our sport, and dare i say thank them for their involvement rather than look at the largely social medis based negativity some in our number so love to wallow in.

New organizations need to be there with BASC trying to uphold our sport,  not being seen by the BASC bashers as a direct opposition to be latched on to to berate BASC for what they have done now or historically.

These are difficult times for our sport and i genuinely believe BASC offer us our best option for long term survival, i want to be out there into old age and know the sport will be there for following generations to enjoy, i will stand by what i have seen working and that is BASC warts and all its what i consider the best option and mr unpopular or not ill stand up for what i have experience of and stand by BASC no matter what opposition there may be.

1 hour ago, Gerry78 said:

Lancer425 i hope your right regards Mr Green but we as wildfowlers we shouldn’t be hoping he gets us more rights that we shoulda had years back Think motty is correct the BASC need to Get the finger out 

Well he is a figure head some may rally around as mentioned he gets out there, but even so i am quite sure he has some body poisoning for him right now, this seems to be the way in these times. I feel he is big enough to rise above all the bile the nay sayers spout and go forward building on the good work BASC do setting aside the difficult times. Make no bones about it he has his work cut out for him, just the same as anybody else in such a position today.

Lancer im not getting at you What im sayin is that wildfowling in general isnt as promoted as other shooting sports Im Sure the BASC do there best What i would like to see is more drive towards promoting wildfowling You see coming upto the glorious 12th were a lot of rich toffs will be shooting driven grouse the coverage they’ll get as a example on media from shooting organisations