New BASC wildfowling officer

holloway

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Lancer im not getting at you What im sayin is that wildfowling in general isnt as promoted as other shooting sports Im Sure the BASC do there best What i would like to see is more drive towards promoting wildfowling You see coming upto the glorious 12th were a lot of rich toffs will be shooting driven grouse the coverage they’ll get as a example on media from shooting organisations 

And i am in no way intending to get at you, promoting the sport is all well and good but much of the work in widfowling is simply day to day running and mundane, its hard to get people involved from within organisations never mind being interesting to those outside the sport or outside shooting altogether.

The general public are fed a diet of misrepresented half truths once the rot as set in its hard to turn opinions, just look at the situation at findhorn for evidence of this if you needed it.

BASC are not miracle workers anymore than any of the up and coming organizations despite what some may say, the BASC do try to spot problems and challenge them where they can effectively, some times its just not possible to do anything , sadly there are things we have no power over and having a different organization fighting in such cases is irreverent.

I do not understand the comments about the 12th grouse shooting upper crust shooters etc, i shoot Grouse and many i shoot with are wildfowling two three days a week some where, i am out fowling every chance i get scotland Lincolnshire  Yorkshire Lancashire Norfolk and Suffolk and only foreshore so rightly or wrongly i like to think of myself as predominantly a wildfowler yet involved in other forms of shooting i think this self inflicted devision within shooting is un productive and potentially harmful we are not prolific enough to divide  ourselves up just because of what we chose to shoot on any given day.

28 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Whatever an employee thinks, feels or believes, he is an employee and "who pays the piper calls the tune" so don't expect any change in attitude towards Wildfowling and Wildfowlers at BASC!

I reckon lancer425 is BASC's chief spin doctor! Lol!

I stand by what i believe based on what i see/ experience and i have a spine and will stand by my beliefs if you others agree with me or not is of no consequence at all. Dig away to your hearts content.

57 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I stand by what i believe based on what i see/ experience and i have a spine and will stand by my beliefs if you others agree with me or not is of no consequence at all. Dig away to your hearts content.

It's easy to have a spine hiding behind anonymity! You don't have to "stand by my (sic) beliefs" because you don't have to explain, prove or justify what are in effect, not beliefs, but unsubstantiated claims, claims which are contrary to the truth as many Wildfowlers see it!....but your motives for this, rather like your identity, will probably remain unknown?

Lancer What dont you understand thats well and good u shoot grouse my post clearly states my belief that wildfowling does not get the attention of other shooting sports I also shoot pheasants when i can afford it as well as vermin ground and wing As u say were all have are views right or wrong and I believe more could be done for the Sport of wildfowling wither it with BASC or any other shooting organisation You speak about division a lot of wildfowlers over here in Northern Ireland feel marginalised with regards to shooting rights on land over foreshore etc 

43 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

It's easy to have a spine hiding behind anonymity! You don't have to "stand by my (sic) beliefs" because you don't have to explain, prove or justify what are in effect, not beliefs, but unsubstantiated claims, claims which are contrary to the truth as many Wildfowlers see it!....but your motives for this, rather like your identity, will probably remain unknown?

LOL! Well on the subject of unsubstantiated claims theres a whole flock of them in there, i think all we can practically do here is agree to disagree Pursuing this further is futile and pointless.

33 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Lancer What dont you understand thats well and good u shoot grouse my post clearly states my belief that wildfowling does not get the attention of other shooting sports I also shoot pheasants when i can afford it as well as vermin ground and wing As u say were all have are views right or wrong and I believe more could be done for the Sport of wildfowling wither it with BASC or any other shooting organisation You speak about division a lot of wildfowlers over here in Northern Ireland feel marginalised with regards to shooting rights on land over foreshore etc 

What do you feel any shooting organization can do to improve the situation in norther Ireland. ?

Lancer im just telling you that a lot of  wildfowlers over in northern ireland dont think the sport is promoted enough and certain land shooting restrictions arent great especially for wildfowling Id rather have the BASC and not have them but Your making out the BASC Is the holy grail of shooting organizations ?

53 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Id rather have the BASC and not have them but Your making out the BASC Is the holy grail of shooting organizations ?

Unless some one knows different BASC are the holy grail of shooting organisations in the uk, nothing else gets near or has more track record to date than wagbi / Basc. The others are not even close to BASC, if these more recent organizations overtake BASC remains to be seen but they have a lot of catching up to do.  With regards to Northern Irelands wildfowlers being promoted, i am sure BASC will help wildfowlers if asked and it is down to the wildfowlers themselves to do their own promoting through country shows etc , Basc offer help and resources if asked, quite what else is expected from BASC in Norther Ireland i am unsure.

They can not wave a magic wand and make everybody love wildfowlers , wildfowlers need to do more to improve matters themselves if unhappy decrying what BASC do to help is of no vallue to any party involved. The best BASC can do is help you to help yourselves, any organization that promises more is highly unlikely to deliver . .

Every recent edition of the BASC magazine has had at least one whole page devoted to wildfowling for the last ten years.

BASC does a superb job in promoting the sport with its Wildfowling Permit Scheme and a yearly wildfowling conference in addition to as much input at Regional level as you can put up with before becoming thoroughly fed up with the sight of the Regional Officer.

BASC will run adverts for membership of local clubs for free in it`s 150,000+ circulation magazine. The list goes on. Just as an example, I wanted the answer to a technical question in short order this afternoon. Not only was I immediately put through to the Department head but he instantly looked up the answer to my query and followed it up minutes later with an email containing all I neded to know.

In my humble experience, BASC will do pretty much anything you ask of them - within reason.

Incidentally, the Shooting Times recently published a straw poll on what it`s readers would like to do more of this season. The figues read; Wildfowling 16%, pigeon shooting 42%, Duck flighting 13% and driven shooting 29%.

Fowling is not popular and it becomes more difficult to recruit new members every season, but that has nothing to do with BASC.

I have however, heard the new members in some clubs complain that some of the older fowlers are manic in their need to complain and whinge about a host of imagined shortcomings, none of which are real, and not one of whom can come up with any sort of answer to their imagined problems. This leads to new members who are depressed and misinformed about the future of the sport and leave fowling after a short stay because of the bitter taste the whingers leave in the mouths of all whom they infect with their defeatism.

17 minutes ago, mudpatten said:

Every recent edition of the BASC magazine has had at least one whole page devoted to wildfowling for the last ten years.

BASC does a superb job in promoting the sport with its Wildfowling Permit Scheme and a yearly wildfowling conference in addition to as much input at Regional level as you can put up with before becoming thoroughly fed up with the sight of the Regional Officer.

BASC will run adverts for membership of local clubs for free in it`s 150,000+ circulation magazine. The list goes on. Just as an example, I wanted the answer to a technical question in short order this afternoon. Not only was I immediately put through to the Department head but he instantly looked up the answer to my query and followed it up minutes later with an email containing all I neded to know.

In my humble experience, BASC will do pretty much anything you ask of them - within reason.

Incidentally, the Shooting Times recently published a straw poll on what it`s readers would like to do more of this season. The figues read; Wildfowling 16%, pigeon shooting 42%, Duck flighting 13% and driven shooting 29%.

Fowling is not popular and it becomes more difficult to recruit new members every season, but that has nothing to do with BASC.

I have however, heard the new members in some clubs complain that some of the older fowlers are manic in their need to complain and whinge about a host of imagined shortcomings, none of which are real, and not one of whom can come up with any sort of answer to their imagined problems. This leads to new members who are depressed and misinformed about the future of the sport and leave fowling after a short stay because of the bitter taste the whingers leave in the mouths of all whom they infect with their defeatism.

And you are just a BASC member are you? Or are you one of the BASC clique? Aren't you heavily involved with BASC? Haven't you made videos for them?............I suspect being a constant apologist for BASC furthers a personal agenda? As does false allegations of groundless whinging and complaining about imagined shortcomings, all of which you claim are unreal!

If BASC, having now seemingly excluded the Clubs and their representatives from negotiations, secures an agreement out of NE that avoids further restrictions, protects and benefits Wildfowling, I will gladly stop "whinging" and "complaining"

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

And you are just a BASC member are you? Or are you one of the BASC clique? Aren't you heavily involved with BASC? Haven't you made videos for them?............I suspect being a constant apologist for BASC furthers a personal agenda? As does false allegations of groundless whinging and complaining about imagined shortcomings, all of which you claim are unreal!

If BASC, having now seemingly excluded the Clubs and their representatives from negotiations, secures an agreement out of NE that avoids further restrictions, protects and benefits Wildfowling, I will gladly stop "whinging" and "complaining"

You and your ilk are never happy unless your complaining it could be BASC or good old WAGBI itself an addled outlook fueled by popular rumor inflamed negativity are all you need to vent , dont let facts get in the way of your agenda whatever you do, as long as you get the short term comfort of fitting in any fiction will suffice as long as you can curry some favor some where.

When faced with facts you chew up the individual delivering those facts distorting the reality into some unrecognizable lets make the cap fit anyway game.  You sir are a joke good day go wallow in your own self importance. i am done with this post and you.

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

You and your ilk are never happy unless your complaining it could be BASC or good old WAGBI itself an addled outlook fueled by popular rumor inflamed negativity are all you need to vent , dont let facts get in the way of your agenda whatever you do, as long as you get the short term comfort of fitting in any fiction will suffice as long as you can curry some favor some where.

When faced with facts you chew up the individual delivering those facts distorting the reality into some unrecognizable lets make the cap fit anyway game.  You sir are a joke good day go wallow in your own self importance. i am done with this post and you.

There's none so blind as those that who will not see......or in your case, you either don't know what your talking about or your in denial? Or both? Lol! 

Oh! And what pray, are these "facts" you claim I have been faced with? The only thing you as the individual delivering these so called "facts" has posted on this thread is unsubstantiated claims..........not facts!

Can I ask why you feel the need to reply to a posting directed at mudpatten? I'm sure he can respond perfectly well for himself! 

Edited by panoma1

On 22/07/2018 at 12:17, holloway said:

Has anyone seen any announcement from Basc concerning the appointment of James Green as new wildfowling officer ?

Just a simple question i thought , the thread seems to be branching off somewhat you wouldnt believe we are all in the same boat would you ? so much antagonism and we all need to go in the same direction .

6 hours ago, motty said:

My opinions are based on what Basc have actually been/not been doing. I feel that the newly (ish) formed wildfowers' association will do more good for our sport.

first I have heard of a new wildfowlers association. Who is behind it? does it have any financial clout or the influence or connection, research facilities etc. of BACS??

We need to be united not more fragment to maintain our sport

Guest stevo
1 minute ago, grahamch said:

first I have heard of a new wildfowlers association. Who is behind it? does it have any financial clout or the influence or connection, research facilities etc. of BACS??

I could be wrong but believe it’s mr Alan Jarrett  

I come from a country where divisions are regular at all levels and know for a fact that when shooting associations started deviding, shooting lost out. Unlike France, where the shooting association is also a political.party, Italy has a number of shooting association, most of which are at regional level and it makes it impossible to pursue common good leaving shooting in the hands of politicians....which is never good. Back to BASC: since I got my first SGC I have been a member of a number of associations both down south or in Scotland; I tried to contact a number of clubs to get into wildfowling (not flight shooting) and the only genuine help I ever got was from BASC even when I wasn't a member. When I was made aware of the permit scheme I switched to them and must admit I got bags of info and help to get me started and to support me. Ii get my magazine through and reed of lots of initiatives with youngsters and they advise their associates of any consultation/initiative where input is required (last one was the consultation wildfowl from NE. I don't know what BASC has or hasn't done in the past (or present) and cannot judge, butni don't see much form the CA, SGA or other I've been associated with in the past. No judgement or intent to swing thoughts, this only my humble experience

13 hours ago, holloway said:

Just a simple question i thought , the thread seems to be branching off somewhat you wouldnt believe we are all in the same boat would you ? so much antagonism and we all need to go in the same direction .

You are of course right.

Edited by lancer425

37 minutes ago, grahamch said:

If your name is Graham C****** - H*** that is not true is it?...........If it's not I apologise unreservedly!

I think motty was referring to the AUKWC? An association of over 50 UK Wildfowling clubs, formed not to rival BASC but to concentrate their focus and work with them in negotiations with NE together resisting proposed major further regulation, to get the best deal possible on consents for Wildfowling.........

Listen Lancer lets hit this on the head i for one minute am not getting at u You are getting yourself upset over this post over Mr Green  Taking a position at the BASC which we all posted are opinions on Ive been a member of the BASC Since i started shootin long time ago and will continue to be a member My love of Wildfowling is the same as yours and any other wildfowlers in the UK My point was that i dont think the sport of wildfowling is being promoted as game shooting like pheasnts’grouse’deer stalking etc I know over here in NI we would like to see more coastal land /marshes etc made possible to shoot on Now Basc do go out of there way regards posting clubs here in NI Mudpatten states in hes post that the Basc magazine we all get has ONE whole page dedicated to wildfowling One whole page I myself would like to see 4or5 pages This is my Whole point By the way il read replies but Have to agree with a post above this debate has spiralled out of control