New BASC wildfowling officer

holloway

2 hours ago, grahamch said:

It must be  the same Mr Jarrett from KWA who was meant to be involved in the Richard Ali carry on - these surely cant be 2 folk with the same name in fowling circles?

Alan Jarrett is Alan Jarrett, Kent's chairman. As far as I am aware, he has nothing to do with the AUKWC.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Speculation surrounding who is part of the AUKWC seems sketchy at best even those purporting to be in the KNOW! are tight lipped, The occasional Three word post or short sentence containing words like AS FAR AS I AM AWARE, suggests to me Nobody on this forum in any case knows very much about the AUKWC . Zero website not even anything on social media.

WHY? 

We know they allegedly have 50 clubs in tow but apart from Simon breasley and Alan Jarret maybe not. Call me an old septic but if info filters out at the rate it is now i don't see the AUKWC amounting to very much.

30 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

The Speculation surrounding who is part of the AUKWC seems sketchy at best even those purporting to be in the KNOW! are tight lipped, The occasional Three word post or short sentence containing words like AS FAR AS I AM AWARE, suggests to me Nobody on this forum in any case knows very much about the AUKWC . Zero website not even anything on social media.

WHY? 

We know they allegedly have 50 clubs in tow but apart from Simon breasley and Alan Jarret maybe not. Call me an old septic but if info filters out at the rate it is now i don't see the AUKWC amounting to very much.

I do know a little, but I don't feel I should share. As for not amounting to much, I feel they are trying to do more for wildfowling than Basc.

14 minutes ago, motty said:

I do know a little, but I don't feel I should share. As for not amounting to much, I feel they are trying to do more for wildfowling than Basc.

I agree motty, you don't know who your talking to when posting, and you don't know who is monitoring a public forum! If individuals are that interested, I suggested in a previous posting how they could go about finding out!

If representatives of bonafide clubs wish to find out, there are plenty (over 50 not allegedly!) of AUKWC associated clubs who's committee members If approached, will probably help?

39 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I agree motty, you don't know who your talking to when posting, and you don't know who is monitoring a public forum! If individuals are that interested, I suggested in a previous posting how they could go about finding out!

If representatives of bonafide clubs wish to find out, there are plenty (over 50 not allegedly!) of AUKWC associated clubs who's committee members If approached, will probably help?

Well i have just spent 10 minuits talking to a senior club member who has explained all about the AUKWC to me.Wish i had done it earlier it also explains the lack of information available or contact details as stated above ,and the reluctance to divulge much information from anyone on the forum.As far as i can see all positive so not sure as to the need for secrecy but it is a public forum so maybe all for the best.... anyone who is working for fowling clubs gets my vote.

Didnt really get many answers about James Green though did i .!!

Edited by holloway

Guest stevo
19 minutes ago, ClemFandango said:

If you want to see what BASC aren't doing for wildfowling just have a look on the events page for this year. 

https://basc.org.uk/basc-events/

Out of 92 total events left to run for 2018 only one is specifically aimed at Wildfowling. 

Well I rekon that about says it all really . 

It does seem a real shame that an organisation originally set up by Fowler’s for the protection of the sport , apparently couldn’t give a **** about them now . 

The only  thing that doesn’t seem to be in short supply out of Marford Mill is good for spreading on your Roses. ?

Edited by stevo

Personally I will support any organisation that will assist me keeping my shooting.  Be that BASC or AUKWC.

But that have some realism added to this mix please.

The topic started on who got the job, but seems to have degenerated into yet another BASC doesn't do everything for fowlers rant.

Yes I am a fowler (as well as pigeon shooting, stalking, beating, target small bore and CSR) I am in 2 clubs at present, both of which are affiliated to BASC, 1 is in AUKWC

BASC was started by fowlers but now has 145,000 members of which 6-8000 are fowlers... that means about 4-6% of their membership!  when i take that into account, then BASC don't do so bad.  No they are not perfect... but nor are we.  We are apathetic.  It only took a couple of thousand votes to get someone elected onto Council... and often we don't manage to get enough voters from the 6-8000 fowlers to get a fowler in!

we now have two people James as Head of Wildfowling and Shane as wildfowling officer... lets give them a chance

and before anyone makes comments, no i am not a basc employee, although i have helped at a scurry a couple of years ago.

On 27/07/2018 at 04:02, nic said:

Personally I will support any organisation that will assist me keeping my shooting.  Be that BASC or AUKWC.

But that have some realism added to this mix please.

The topic started on who got the job, but seems to have degenerated into yet another BASC doesn't do everything for fowlers rant.

Yes I am a fowler (as well as pigeon shooting, stalking, beating, target small bore and CSR) I am in 2 clubs at present, both of which are affiliated to BASC, 1 is in AUKWC

BASC was started by fowlers but now has 145,000 members of which 6-8000 are fowlers... that means about 4-6% of their membership!  when i take that into account, then BASC don't do so bad.  No they are not perfect... but nor are we.  We are apathetic.  It only took a couple of thousand votes to get someone elected onto Council... and often we don't manage to get enough voters from the 6-8000 fowlers to get a fowler in!

we now have two people James as Head of Wildfowling and Shane as wildfowling officer... lets give them a chance

and before anyone makes comments, no i am not a basc employee, although i have helped at a scurry a couple of years ago.

Good post.!

I have worked with James, have successfully run a young shots day last year which included an evening flight and have arranged to do another this coming season, sounds like I'll be doing it with an new regional officer if the op is right. 

James is enthusiastic and dedicated to the sport, Clevedon wildfowlers recently held an evening event where james was present, as was Ian, they are definitely supportive of wildfowlers and that area of our sport. Just because you dont see anything physically does not mean things are not happening, wildfowling clubs need to work with basc if they want to get something back, not just expect something to happen. 

So back to the original post, if James is now either the manager or officer I wish him luck in his new role. 

8 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Yes the original post was regarding James Green it got a bit sidelined myself included Lets hope wildfowling gets bit more attention i think we can all agree on that

Having spoken with james this morning to congratulate him on getting the position, it sounds like there are now more staff on the wildfowling team than ever has been and they have a vision of where and what they want to do. How about as a shooting community we get behind them rather than bashing them at any given opportunity.. 

5 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Having spoken with james this morning to congratulate him on getting the position, it sounds like there are now more staff on the wildfowling team than ever has been and they have a vision of where and what they want to do. How about as a shooting community we get behind them rather than bashing them at any given opportunity.. 

I hope that that is true, and I hope that they can actually do some good because up until now they have been a shower of ****. 

Shooting Egg i agree we all as wildfowlers need to Get behind anyone who can make the sport stronger But the bashing although not helpful comes out of frustration from many wildfowlers myself the same as any fowler i just want the best for the sport So lets wish James Green all the support we can 

2 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Shooting Egg i agree we all as wildfowlers need to Get behind anyone who can make the sport stronger But the bashing although not helpful comes out of frustration from many wildfowlers myself the same as any fowler i just want the best for the sport So lets wish James Green all the support we can 

I understand frustration, but bashing someone who has just been appointed before he gets to his desk or even puts out an opening statement is stupid in my opinion. Rather than in fighting on. Forum or bashing we need to as a whole, not just wildfowlers, pull together and work together. 

1 hour ago, ShootingEgg said:

I understand frustration, but bashing someone who has just been appointed before he gets to his desk or even puts out an opening statement is stupid in my opinion. Rather than in fighting on. Forum or bashing we need to as a whole, not just wildfowlers, pull together and work together. 

Noone is bashing Chris Green, in fact I think most people have said they hope he can make a change, the frustration is with BASC past and present.